URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2043
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tough Love"

Posted by krismiss2us on 04-29-09 at 09:19 PM
Does anyone watch this even though there's only one episode left?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Tough Love"
Posted by BriarRosie on 04-30-09 at 00:03 AM
Yes I do, and I'm surprised nobody else started a thread on this show. It has all the makings of a train wreck reality show, and it hasn't disappointed me yet.

They had two girls leave. One for finding "love" and not wanting to jeopardize it; the other for having such self-loathing that she needed some therapy and not the show to find true love...for herself first, before she could ever think of finding it with anyone else.

The biggest surprise for me was Taylor. Sure, she always had moments where you just think she's a hot mess, and then she goes and acts all mature and genuine on us. I was so prepared to loathe her, but I find that she's become one of my favorite people on this show.

Jody would have been higher on my list had she not freaked out on people twice. I really liked her most when she wanted to keep a drunken Taylor from humiliating herself on TV. Sure, it defeats our DAW bashing, but I had some respect for that.

I can't wait to see the finale.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 04-30-09 at 07:06 AM
I absolutley love this show. Out of all the DAWs on all the shows on this one I can find some commone ground with these ladies(?) especially Jody. I dont think Steve is mean at all. And Im SO glad Ariane is gone. When shes 37 and single and wondering why men dont repect her maybe then she'll see what Steve was talking about. And her mother Oh Em Gee! Cant wait for the finale!

Posted by sica077 on 04-30-09 at 11:59 AM
I kept forgetting to set it on the DVR, however, I have caught a few episodes here and there. I really like Steve and what he has done for the girls, although Jess (or Jessa, or Jessica...can't figure that one out) really rubs me the wrong way. I mean, she doesn't really do anything wrong, but she is just such a priss!

Posted by weltek on 05-04-09 at 11:29 AM
I've watched a few episodes. Not one I bend over backwards to catch. I think it's a really good concept and was done well. Steve actually does a really fair job with the girls.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by krismiss2us on 05-04-09 at 09:10 PM
I thought so as well, though my honey seems to think Steve's flamin'. I disagree....anyone????
I was saddened by Jody & her man breaking up and was happy to hear that Taylor is doing well. Arian...well, she's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-07-09 at 10:40 AM
>I've watched a few episodes. Not
>one I bend over backwards
>to catch. I think
>it's a really good concept
>and was done well. Steve
>actually does a really fair
>job with the girls.
>
>
>-A Tribetastic Creation

I agree. I think I can relate to what some of these girls are doing now to what I did back in my single days. I think we also know one person who does the same behavior again and again and can't get why they don't get different results. I like the host's honesty and blunt way of putting things. He's realistic and stripping the self made drama these women put into their lives.

I hear it's going for a second season. I'd watch it again.

Posted by krismiss2us on 05-07-09 at 11:17 AM
I agree with all of this! I see myself in some aspects of each of those girls...at least when I was single. Steve's great. He's so blunt and to the point.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-23-16 at 10:45 AM
In a word, no.