URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID114
Thread Number: 26
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who else thinks Taylor will win Gold Star!?"

Posted by joeyshox on 11-13-07 at 02:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-07 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

As someone who's been reading reality TV spoilers on these boards for like 5 years, picking up on the show edits is so easy now!!

With that said, Taylor's edit on the show is obviously turning around to set her up for a gold star!! My guess is on the finale...

Too bad her disappearance from the show has tanked the ratings just at the height of their potential (the Oct 24th show), but maybe when they start promo'ing her turnaround that'll get some viewers back!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who else thinks Taylor will win Gold Star!?"
Posted by Estee on 11-13-07 at 04:29 PM
I can see it as a possibility, but she's got to set at least one foot on Redemption Edit Road really soon now: we're reaching the point where they're going to start running out of show.

And there's also the question of why she'd be nominated for it. It's too late to be the talent contest winner, but maybe she can throw together a pageant.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-13-07 at 04:54 PM
Didn't you see her doing all that laundry last week?! Poor girl and hardly any complaining. That should count for something.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

"Taylor for the Gold Star!"
Posted by michel on 11-14-07 at 12:06 PM
She's has been playing the Jean Robert strategy even better than the man himself!

Lazy = Check
Obnoxious = Check
Conceited = Check
Turn around and surprise people => Starting.

That strategy can work better on a first season than on #15.

Won't Taylor just love how I compared her to Jean Robert!!

"RE: Taylor for the Gold Star!"
Posted by brvnkrz on 11-28-07 at 10:12 PM
Snotty little turd=check
Lookie what Tribe made me.

Posted by geg6 on 11-14-07 at 01:31 PM
I'm with Estee. I haven't yet seen the evidence of this. I'm curious why you see an editing turnaround for her. I haven't.

Personally, I wouldn't give her five cents. Ever.

Perhaps the editing is turning around (but I still haven't really seen it). But I have such a visceral dislike for that snot at this point that any editing made that makes her image seem rehabilitated is just your typical editing trick, IMHO.

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 11-14-07 at 05:34 PM
I'd like to know what you have seen as well. The only thing I've seen on the promos is a clip of her saying "it's not fair." Now, if she is saying this about something happening to someone else - maybe. But, the "It's not fair" is usually the bemoaned cry of someone used to getting their own way and finding the way to getting their way blocked.

It just seems like more Taylorisms. But thank goodness, because she makes this show! lol

Posted by mattben on 11-14-07 at 03:45 PM
Not yet. She needs a few episodes of redemption edit.

I'm hoping for a repeat star, but I don't think the kids will do that. They'll spread it around.

Posted by KeithFan on 11-23-07 at 09:56 PM
I can't see how anybody will be willing to give her one, no matter how big of a turn around she does/doesn't have, when there have been deserving candidates from day 1 that have not gotten one yet.

Posted by sharnina on 11-24-07 at 03:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-07 AT 03:16 AM (EST)

I agree with you KeithFan. I hope she and her parents are thoroughly embarrassed by her performance so far. But I doubt it since she seems to think her behavior is pretty cute and her parents are the reason she's the way she is.

On second thought, they're probably pretty darn proud right about now. *sigh*

ETA - a contraction ... now PUUUUSH.

Posted by flystorms on 11-27-07 at 12:54 PM
Saw a preview the other night (Sunday maybe?) where Taylor is the star of the show again, in a negative way. Looks like she continues and even escalates her obnoxious antics. I just don't think she'll ever be eligible for a star. Brat!

Posted by dabo on 11-27-07 at 01:04 PM
Yeah, it looks like having failed to impress the town the new council falls back on put-Taylor-on-the-spot strategy. You would think someone would figure out eventually that she hates being cornered and put on the spot and will always go bonkers in that situation.

Posted by iloverob on 12-06-07 at 04:11 PM
<I can't see how anybody will be willing to give her one, no matter how big of a turn around she does/doesn't have, when there have been deserving candidates from day 1 that have not gotten one yet.>

I thought the same thing about Greg, but they gave him one AND elected him to town council. I see it coming also - Taylor WILL get a gold star which is just a wonderful message to send to kids.

Posted by mattben on 11-27-07 at 01:02 PM
The promos for this Wednesday's show sure don't make it look like Taylor's getting a redemption edit nor a gold star.

Posted by joeyshox on 11-27-07 at 09:04 PM
They don't call 'em See BS!! for a reason with their mis-direction promos! I say keep watchin...

Posted by tjcrew on 11-29-07 at 09:41 AM
This has been bugging me for a couple of weeks. The thought occurred to me, mainly because Taylor seems so over the top- and awfully polished for her age- is there a chance that she is a plant? Maybe she is an actress in addition to her beauty pageant stuff and is being told how to act. I sure would prefer to think that than thinking that she really could be this obnoxious!

Posted by joeyshox on 11-29-07 at 02:30 PM
Definitely not a plant...look at her myspace page (ok, her mom's/publicist's run page) and you'll see her portrayal on the show is pretty legit...

In addition, watch some of her clips that she's acted in...she's not very good!!

A kid on the show posted his opinion of Taylor on another board, and his opinion was that Taylor probably did go over-the-top in trying to act tough and being stubborn as a way/defense to stand up for herself to older kids and keep her on more level footing....

Posted by Molaholic on 12-01-07 at 10:15 PM
Put me solidly in the ranks of thinking Taylor will be a GOLD STAR winner --- just so the town's folk can start a genuine riot.

Sharnina’s Gift

Posted by Agman2 on 03-24-15 at 04:11 PM
Joey, how come you only posted 7 times?

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-08-15 at 03:05 PM
lucky number?

Posted by Agman2 on 01-15-16 at 05:02 PM
No, then he would have posted 13 times!