URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3743
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Situations exist that produce a Courtney win."

Posted by Estee on 12-14-07 at 10:07 AM
That's probably the darkest bashing sentence I can trot out to start a post, but it still needs some details. Right now, I see at least two major ways the most useless player ever can actually walk off with this thing, and they both have a chance to work out in her favor.

There are two keys here. First, we need a Final 2: Courtney cannot win in any situation that has her going for votes against two other people. Second: everyone wants to bring either Todd or Courtney with them to that F2. Always try to be next to the one you can beat -- and at this point, who doesn't think they can take down Courtney in front of the jury?

Two people stand a chance to be very, very wrong.

Denise vs. Courtney

Battle of the tag-alongs. This is a low-probability scenario, because it assumes that someone finally turns on Todd -- and Denise pretty much has to win a necklace somewhere. But Courtney could get votes here. Todd's more likely to go for her as his partner in exaggerated facial expressions. Peih-Gee is at the point where she's not voting for Denise. Frosti could vote for her on the 'I can't explain this attraction either' factor. That's three -- and that's a little too close. If Denise fails to come up with answers the way she's failed to come up with anything else she's needed, Courtney could manage to convince one extra person -- or Denise might talk that many or more out of voting for her with continued verbal slips. Courtney can win this, but it'll be an uphill battle.

Todd vs. Courtney

Now we're in trouble.

Todd would take Courtney. Courtney would take Todd. Each sees the other as their best chance. But... Todd's directly offended a lot more jurors. To pull out a quote a few of you will know, 'People vote their hate.' Is it possible that enough of the jury will hate Todd and his eye gymnastics so much that they'll effectively say 'The hell with this, I'm going with the new Vecepia?'

Well -- Jean-Robert thinks he's the best player ever, so we know his judgment is skewed. James knows just who would have had to support that backstab. Peih-Gee and Erik aren't exactly found of Todd...

...and that is what we call 'gin'. Start drinking lots of it.

Courtney can win this game.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Situations exist that produce a Courtney win."
Posted by frisky on 12-14-07 at 10:47 AM
*hugs self, trembling*

I'm scared.

Courtney has proven that she can win competitions. She has good concentration and patience. She could zone out in an endurance challenge (ie the "sit on a big tube" challenge) and has been lying around camp long enough to ace a Fallen Comrades should it come up. If she wins that all-important final three and Denise is still around, she's got it in the bag.

I can't wait to see her at the reunion show. How much weight do you figure she's gained? 2, 3 pounds?

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Posted by Estee on 12-14-07 at 10:51 AM
and has been lying around camp long enough to ace a Fallen Comrades should it come up.

I'm not too worried about this part unless she wins a battle of random guesses. 'Courtney' and 'paying attention to other people's lives' doesn't naturally go together.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-14-07 at 11:06 AM
Also factor this in, and it's another bit of Survivor superstition - no one has ever won both the family visit and the game. So far, the only remaining player not to receive a loved one's visit is...you guessed it: Courtney. So either Courtney wins or this curse is broken.

I don't think the editing is setting us up for a Courtney win, but we've all been fooled before.

Also, keep this in mind - of the four remaining players, three have not yet received a single vote against them. The last time even one person made it to F4 without a vote against was Terry in Exile Island. The last time two did it was Palau (Tom and Jenn, another crazy season, as Katie and Ian had a combined two votes against to that point.) In no other season did any two players reach F4 with no votes cast against them. The one with votes thus far? Yup. Todd. And he's not winning.

Posted by nailbone on 12-14-07 at 12:46 PM
Speaking of Survivor superstitions, did I miss the car competition?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-14-07 at 03:12 PM
I was asking the same question last night. I wonder if it's in the finale. (Assuming there's only one IC to bring it to 3, they need a reward - why not the car? Unless Ford backed out...)

Posted by StarryLuna on 12-14-07 at 04:26 PM
I thought it was announced early in or before the season that there would be no car challenge this season.

Holiday spirit by agman