URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 3716
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Just wondering, as I sometimes do...WHY did Todd"

Posted by mistyrose52 on 10-26-07 at 09:35 AM
give James the HII from THEIR camp, if he was sure there was one at THE OTHER CAMP???

I mean, strategically speaking, wasn't that a really dumb thing to do-give the other tribe the HII, leaving YOUR tribe vulnerable, which is was, when the opposing tribe could somehow get wind, and end up with TWO??

Thank goodness it didn't happen this week, but were they not to merge next week, why would the people at Jon-Who? need TWO HII??

Well, we all know the answer to that-they couldn't win a challenge if their lives depended on it! OK, just wondering.....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Just wondering, as I sometimes do...WHY did Todd"
Posted by Cyndimaus on 10-26-07 at 10:29 AM
The only thing I can figure is that is was a quick fix. Maybe Todd was thinking that James might not have the chance to get at the immunity idol in his own camp in time to use it for tribal council. (even though it ended up not mattering)

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey

Posted by Fishercat on 10-26-07 at 11:08 AM
Basically, Todd couldn't assume it was in the same exact place or that James would be able to find it in time, at all, or that someone at ZH hadn't found it. It's all extremely unlikely, but to take the chance and then potentially lose the numbers would be a bad idea. He had to insure it.

Posted by michel on 10-26-07 at 11:45 AM
I think Todd had two valid reasons to give James the immunity idol:
1- The losing team has sometimes been forced to go immediately to TC.

2- Jaime could've already picked up the ZH idol.

The problem I have with that is then; why did Todd tell James to vote Jaime, the one with idol clues?

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-26-07 at 12:14 PM
The problem I have with that is then; why did Todd tell James to vote Jaime, the one with idol clues

We might not have seen the entire converstaion either. Todd could have said "this is where it will be, but if you see that it is gone, don't vote for Jaime vote Erik. Also, if Jaime/Erik/PG had no idea that James would come back with an idol, they wouldn't feel threatened and wouldn't have reason to play the idol which needs to be played before the votes are read. Another way to take the person with the idol off guard. Foreshadowing?

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Posted by CattyChat on 10-26-07 at 12:50 PM
"The problem I have with that is then; why did Todd tell James to vote Jaime, the one with idol clues?"

I seem to recall Todd stating to vote Jaime out to break up the alliance/strong ties with Erik. He either said it outright to James or in a confessional shown right after giving James the HII. It makes total sense to me, because Jaime is the closest with Erik & closest with Peih-Gee, taking her out of the picture leaves more options with that tie severed. Plus several players already commented they feel Jaime is really smart & they are wary of that.

I was so bummed Todd's great plan didn't work. And poor James' head was spinning. First they want to throw the immunity challenges to boot Aaron & James and then they change their minds and want to win? WTH? I was actually waiting to see James turn around at the IC and say, "What the frick is going on with you people?!?" And be bleeped out.

My pathetic attempt at a sig

Posted by Jenna_F on 10-26-07 at 04:05 PM
It would probably be difficult to convince james to throw a challenge, knowing they'd all vote for him if the team lost, without a gaurentee he'd be safe. Only way to gaurentee it would be to give him the HI

Signature given to me by tribephyl in an attempt to make me less boring.