URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 1403
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor 5 - The Gong Show"

Posted by Swami on 08-25-02 at 02:24 PM
Every time I see a TV promo for S5, where a hammer-holding hand stikes a large, ornate gong, my basher heart goes pitter-pat. Please, oh please I hope they use the gong as part of Tribal Council. What fun that would be--Jiffie Probe's own Gong Show. GONG to start the Council, or GONG to usher the loser out! The Tribe has spoken *GONNNNGGGGGG*

It's like a dream come true!

Swami

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor 5 - The Gong Show"
Posted by Drive My Car on 08-25-02 at 06:17 PM

So Jeffy gets to Gong them if they start lying their asses off at Tribal Council??
I am SO into that!!!

I will never see that ad the same way again! I love it!
Thanks Swami

Buggy- who is happy Swami is sharpening those Basher claws

Posted by dabo on 08-26-02 at 00:52 AM
rofl. Yes, instead of Jeff dousing a torch, let's have Jamie Farr gong them off the island! "Hey, skateboard on the beach guy, what were you thinking?" GONG! hehehehe

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-26-02 at 07:38 AM
Tribal Councils would be a lot more interesting if instead of voting, they just let the contestants ramble while Jamie Farr and Jaye P. Morgan fight over the mallet for the gong.

Oh dear, I've re-dorkulated!

Posted by katem on 08-26-02 at 03:09 PM
".... they all must learn to adapt or they'll gonged from the tribe ....." LOL

BTW Draco, the sigpic gets getting better and better, now if only you were a Griffindor

>

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by samiam on 08-26-02 at 07:31 PM
Oh, and I suppose you've got a problem with Ravenclaws, too. *bristles*

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-27-02 at 07:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-02 AT 07:17 AM (EST)

Sorry, but Gryffindor is just not evil enough. It's the Diet Coke of Evil. Just One Calorie- Not Evil Enough!

Oh dear, I've re-dorkulated!

Edited cause I'm so evil I can't even spell but.

Posted by FesterFan1 on 08-26-02 at 10:26 AM
Oh, what I wouldn't give to have each TC end with Jeff Probst saying "The tribe has spoken, it's time for you to go....Take it away Gene, Gene, the Dancing Machine!!!"

Fester

Posted by snoocharoo on 08-28-02 at 04:26 PM
Perhaps a commercial interlude with The Unknown Comic will add flair and excitment.

Posted by NightScribe on 08-26-02 at 12:48 PM
Swami! How funny that you posted this. I was thinking just the other day how much I missed the gong from S1. But instead of using the gong to usher the losers in and out of the game, they should use it as a sort of gong-lie-detector, so everytime a player lies during TC, they get gonged. How funny would that be.

Posted by moonbaby on 08-26-02 at 04:42 PM
But instead of using the gong to usher the losers in and out of the game, they should use it as a sort of gong-lie-detector, so everytime a player lies during TC, they get gonged.

LMAO! I hope they have some spare gongs put aside!

Posted by Pepe Le Pew on 08-28-02 at 07:12 PM
>But instead of using the gong to usher the losers in
>and out of the game, they should use it as
>a sort of gong-lie-detector, so everytime a player lies during
>TC, they get gonged. How funny would that be.

I'll second that! Not only should they get gonged whenever a lie is told (even better if it's the jury doing the gonging) ... but they should also bring back Chuck Barris to replace JiffyProbe -- I can just see Chuck yukking it up and then clapping his hands together, with the occasional freeze mid-clap to point his finger at somebody in the jury.