URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 1367
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S5's causing controversy already."

Posted by Jonnycumlately on 06-15-02 at 02:03 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-02 AT 02:05 AM (EST)

I got this scoop from the imdb (http://www.imdb.com). Since they'll probably change the studio briefings by Monday, I'll post the story here. It was posted on 6-14-02:

Thai Fishermen Protest 'Survivor' Filming

Thai fishermen are organizing a protest against CBS and the producers of "Survivor," who are filming new episodes of the reality series on Tarutao Island. One of the fishermen told Wednesday's Bangkok Post,"The company uses patrol boats to stop our boats getting near. This is hurting fishermen because marine life is plentiful in the area. Moreover, we have to dock at the island to get fresh water." Sidhichai Jayanit of Thailand's National Film Board (NFB) denied the charges. "There is no report that CBS has been using patrol boats to chase fishermen away. The would stop the company doing such a thing. The island is closed at the moment because it is the monsoon season. Very few fishermen visit the island." (All of which raises the question, why would "Survivor" shoot its Thailand series during the monsoon season?)

Hee! I love how the normally "objective" imdb gave a little snark to Survivor's way.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S5's causing controversy already."
Posted by DarkLotus on 06-18-02 at 10:40 AM
IMDB is hardly objective. 90% of the content is submitted by visitors to the website. I could send in that I was in Star Wars and they would probably put it in there. They rarely check facts.

Hmm.... >

I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

"RE: S5's causing controversy already."
Posted by Jonnycumlately on 06-18-02 at 02:53 PM
Maybe the actor resumes, but most of the studio briefings are fairly accurate, since I think there is a person specicifically in charge of them. Plus considering the entertainment's precedent over causing controversy in this area, it's not the surprising.