The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
Ok, so I suffered through weeks of Chicken Little outlasting numerous contestants who were miles above his paltry singing talent...ok he's young and perhaps will develop...but...has it really come down to a popularity contest? Looks over talent? How shallow is this show becoming? Mandisa...awesome vocals, great range, definite future....and she gets voted off before Ace? Kellie? Bucky? Elliot? Is it looks? Please don't tell me it's that she was the worst? Elliot was worse by far in his song selection...and Ace? Don't get me started on Mr Simpering, Smoldering, Come Hither Camera Orgy Boy! He was cute to start but has become annoying fast.

If things go as they are we will be left with nothing but skinny, gawsh I am so humble blonde gal, dark haired ain't I pretty and refined, I love to love the camera and "oh yeah, the audience that is watching me through the camera" smarmy boy and with any luck at all one of the few truly talented that are left, hard rocker honest guy.

My picks? Chris and Taylor...they are the best that is left but Taylor...well hun, you ain't got the perfect look that everyone wants to emulate so.....buhbye.

Sigh, as a Canadian all I can do is watch and groan in frustration.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... chowdahead 04-06-06 1
   RE: What the heck is with the votes... nailbone 04-06-06 2
       RE: What the heck is with the votes... sweet cheeks 04-08-06 12
   RE: What the heck is with the votes... sweet cheeks 04-08-06 13
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... prosecutor 04-06-06 3
   RE: What the heck is with the votes... ajglitch 04-06-06 4
   RE: What the heck is with the votes... aquariaqueen 04-06-06 5
   WARNINGS - all three of you Bebo 04-06-06 6
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... calimom 04-06-06 7
   Just a bad night for Mandisa Ricky 04-08-06 17
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... SenecaTurtle 04-06-06 8
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... LIVEURBESTLIFE 04-06-06 9
   RE: What the heck is with the votes... xwraith27 04-07-06 10
       RE: What the heck is with the votes... LIVEURBESTLIFE 04-07-06 11
           RE: What the heck is with the votes... xwraith27 04-08-06 18
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... butternut 04-08-06 14
   RE: What the heck is with the votes... pokerguy 04-08-06 15
       About your sig... Bebo 04-08-06 16
   RE: What the heck is with the votes... Twinkles 04-18-06 20
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... hoazi 04-12-06 19
 RE: What the heck is with the votes... pr00j4197 04-19-06 21
 Tylors pic...HOT Kodi 04-19-06 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

chowdahead 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-06-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chowdahead Click to send private message to chowdahead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
i think its funny when the judges say "its a singing competition"
nothing could be further than the truth....
Mandisa got screwed...
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
Nah, she didn't get screwed. She may have gone sooner than you'd like, but she wasn't going to win anyway. This gives her a chance to move on and go work with Barry Manilow.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-06, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"

Yea and I think Barry Manilow really liked Mandisa.

sweet cheeks 130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-08-06, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweet%20cheeks Click to send private message to sweet%20cheeks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"

Yea Mandisa got screwed but I think a producer will snatch
her up. She just has too much talent.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"

>Sigh, as a Canadian all I
>can do is watch and
>groan in frustration.

What do you care, there never was or will
be a black Canadian idol.
Mandisa went out now based on the song choice
it sucked, even Kenny Rogers wanted her
to do something else because that song had
too many words, she was sooo out of breath
on it in places. Ya, she can sing but wrong
wrong wrong song if she wanted to stand out.

ajglitch 52 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ajglitch Click to send private message to ajglitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
What do you care, there never was or will
be a black Canadian idol.

Wow...just because I am Canadian doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count or that I shouldn't care. You totally missed my point about the fact that there are still others in the competition who were worse than her tuesday but are physically more attractive therefore still in the running. Don't bring the fact about a Black Canadian Idol into this either, it is not relevent to the conversation. Your comment is spiteful and mean spirited.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
Prosecutor, that was not nice....

There are many Canadians here who offer their opinions and are a part of this community. Unfortunately, they can't vote!!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "WARNINGS - all three of you"
Prosecutor, our guidelines clearly say that users should "help prevent forest fires". Implying that Canadians are racist is inappropriate.

ajglitch, please read our guidelines. Bashing other posters is not permitted. If you think a poster's comments are inappropriate, alert the mods and let us handle it. We've found that's the best approach for keeping discussion focused on the show instead of degrading into a flame war.

aquariaqueen, alert the mods and move on applies to you too. Jumping in like that just fuels the flames and is not the appropriate way to handle things per our guidelines.

Now, let's all get back to discussing the show.

calimom 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calimom Click to send private message to calimom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
I can;t believe they canned Mandisa. She has a beauiful voice!! Elliot and Taylor should have been canned. Grrrrr I am losing faith in AI.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-08-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Just a bad night for Mandisa"
Don't worry Elliot will be gone soon enough.

I liked Mandisa in the past but I think she butchered that Shania Twain song that she sang (it's called "Any Man of Mine"). And I actually LOVE that song! I'm not suprised she's gone.

Listen to the Shania version and you'll see what I mean

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
I am a big Mandisa fan; however, I must agree that it really was a poor song choice for her. It did not show off her vocal skills whatsoever.

I voted for her like crazy because I knew she was going to be in trouble after that song. After the 1st 30 minutes (on the east coast) I was able to get through every single time I called, which actually is a bad thing. I knew she was in trouble.

*ST*

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
I am a big Mandisa fan. I voted for her as much as I could. I knew she was in trouble when my call went thru almost everytime.

I think the reason she was voted off was because many people were offended by some comments she made during the Songs of the 21st Century challenge week.

She commented that God is bigger than your lifestyle. And apparently an anti-gay author is her favorite author. Many people assumed she was anti-gay and chose not to vote for her.

Obviously, this is more than a singing contest it is a personality contest and a public image challenge as well.

Singing wise Mandisa was not the worst performer during Country Week and did not deserve the boot.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
Well, Mandisa's already clarified that she wasn't referring to homosexuality when she talked/sang/intro-ed about "lifestyle". Unfortunately for her, the explanation came too little too late. When I first learned that she was eliminated, I was a bit surprised. But looking back, I would say that she actually kinda deserved to be eliminated.

What I mean is that for the past two weeks, she chose the wrong songs to sing, and didn't really showcase what she can do. So while the elimination was a surprise, it didn't have the same impact as when Tamyra, Jennifer, or La Toya were eliminated.

Besides, the talent this season is so underwhelming IMHO that I really wouldn't be surprised if any of them landed in the bottom three and were eliminated. I really don't see any real frontrunners this season (especially after the past two weeks) that picking names out of a bowl actually worked out better for me to predict the week's bottom three (as opposed to individually scoring each contestant).

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
There are some definite front runners Kellie, Chris, and Taylor are the 3 favorites. They have the biggest fan base. So I don't see any of them in the bottom 3 anytime soon. But then again you just never know.

I don't think Mandisa deserved the boot. She may not have chosen the right song for her but regardless of what she sings she still sounds better than most of them up there.

Talent wise she was one of the best. I still think she lost much support when she made the comments she made. I didn't interpret her comments to be against homosexuals but many people did and in the end I think that hurt her.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-06, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
"There are some definite front runners Kellie, Chris, and Taylor are the 3 favorites. They have the biggest fan base."

I read my post and I just realized that, indeed, there are frontrunners this season. What I meant to say was that although Kellie, Chris, and Taylor all have large fanbases, I personally don't think any of the contestants this season stand out like other contestants have stood out during the past seasons.

I just feel like no one of this season's top 12 has impressed me so much that I feel like picking up the phone to vote (if I were eligible to vote, which I'm not), is all I'm saying.

butternut 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-08-06, 05:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail butternut Click to send private message to butternut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
I liked Mandisa too, and thought it was unfair, There were others that should have gone before her. But the day of or the day after she was eliminated, Steven Spielberg called and told the producers I believe it was that she had a face for television, so Mandisa is hoping she will get to be in one of his movies. Now I saw Mandisa on some show today, so I know this is true. Good luck to her either way!!!

pokerguy 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-08-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pokerguy Click to send private message to pokerguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
Face it Mandisa had 0% cvhance of winning this. If you evcer thought this was anything other than a popularity contest you havce been fooling yourself.

Get $100 free to play on Party Pokerhttp://www.instantbankroll.com/ib.asp?rc=dtrimble

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "About your sig..."
We have strict advertising policies here - you can find the specifics in our community guidelines. Please do not use your sig line for advertisements in the future.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-06, 05:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-06 AT 06:00 AM (EST)

In the auditions and the first couple of weeks I could hear that she was amazing but as the show continued, during more and more of her songs she sounded to me like she was shouting or belting out he songs. I wasn't wowed anymore. I wasn't inspired to vote for her.

When I saw the bottom three I figured she was the one to go even though I knew she had more talent than most if not all of the contestants remaining.

I'm no voice expert so I believed the judges who said she was great and figured I just wasn't hearing it. I just thought I'd let you know why I wasn't voting in case it might be why some others tuned out, too. To me I prefer a more heartfelt soulful rendition of music. Not super quiet like Ace but to me a voice just a bit more powerful than the music and not something that hits me over the head like Tchaichovsky's(sp) 1812 Overture in every line.

(i didn't know about the religion/homosexuality controversy. i must have missed part of a show!)

hoazi 13 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-06, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hoazi Click to send private message to hoazi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
Praise the lord, Mandisa is gone. Her explanation for her comments was too vague to really clear up matters. So thankful I didn't have to have her littering up my living room today. She puts the BIG in BIGOT.

pr00j4197 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-19-06, 02:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pr00j4197 Click to send private message to pr00j4197 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What the heck is with the votes? Mandisa gone?"
I agree that Mandisa should not have been voted off. But if you listen to tonight's performances Taylor, Chris and Kellie sucked big time.

I am an Ace Fan so I don't agree with you there. I am ready for Kellie and Taylor to go. They are getting on my nerve. Kellie is really giving blondes a bad name. She is too dumb. They should send her to school, as it is obvious she dropped out of school when she was 5.

Paris' speaking voice maybe irritating but the girl can sing. As Paula would say she was definitely in her element. My final thoughts are that I hope that anybody wins accept for Chris or Taylor, its time for them to go. I will continue to vote for Ace. You can't complain if you don't vote - So pass the word and vote for ACE!

Kodi 14 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kodi Click to send private message to Kodi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Tylors pic...HOT"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/graycharles/105289586/

Go to this site guys and check out Taylors pic.. unbeleivable!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •