The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"OTCC - Chicken with grapes, asparagus, and acini de pepe"
Posted by VisionQuest on 09-30-12 at 08:00 PM
This is a pretty easy recipe that goes over well in our house. It is not at all healthy.

Chicken w/grapes in cream sauce.

1 pound chicken breast cutlets (I usually just buy breasts, cut them into manageable pieces and pound them a bit if they are thick)
Red Seedless Grapes (about 1 - 1.5 cups cut in half)
1/2 cup white wine (more if you want to imbibe whilst cooking)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup dijon or stone ground mustard (either works, I have used both, I had dijon on hand so I used that)
salt
pepper
flour
olive oil
butter

Salt and pepper the chicken
Dredge in flour
Heat 2T butter and 2T olive oil in pan, get it hot
Cook chicken in butter and olive oil, about 4 mins a side. (about med high heat)
Remove chicken from pan
Add white wine to pan, keep all the good brown stuff left from the chicken, stir up all the good brown stuff with the wine. Cook on high heat for about 30 seconds to a minute.
Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock, cream, and mustard. Stir together well. Cook about 1 minute.
Reduce heat to low, put chicken back in the creamy goodness mixture and add the grapes. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
Put chicken on plates, smother with creamy goodness and grapes.

Asparagus
1 pound asparagus
2 T olive oil
Salt and Pepper (I use a fennel pollen kosher salt, but anything will do)
Mix olive oil and asparagus in bowl, add salt and pepper
Bake asparagus on cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes (the asparagus stays nice an crispy and the tips get almost burnt - good flavor)

Acini de pepe
2 cups chicken stock
as much acini de pepe as you want
Cook acini de pepe for about 10 - 12 mins in chicken stock
Drain, place in bowl and add some parmesan reggiano cheese and pepper
(I stole this from some other OTCC recipe that I believed used orzo, I had no orzo, so I used the pepe, I stole the recipe because it was good the first time around.)

I plan on posting pics tomorrow.

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •