The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"Oh so good!"
Posted by woeisme1 on 01-01-12 at 06:58 PM
I did a couple of substitutions:

1) I used Rotini as I didn't have any Penne and the lines at the store were far too long (but I tried to get the right thing).

2) I cannot have hot/spicy things so I used Smoked Keilbasa.

I also added roasted garlic, regular garlic, the grape tomatoes sliced in half and black olives. I had doubled the recipe and only had a 1/2 LB of Fontina (I actually had it at home, forgot I bought it at Safeway last time I was there--it's the Gouda I can't seem to locate) so I used 1/2 pound of Monterey Jack I had and mixed the 2.

All of my photos didn't turn out but here is what I do have:

Ingredients (I forgot to put the garlics and olives in the pic)

Cooking meat and pasta

In casserole dish before cheese, isn't it pretty?

After cheese was added

I didn't get pics of "out of the oven" or plated as I had called my brother to see what time he wanted to eat and he and his lady friend were walking to Tony Roma's. They said they would come back and they did, so once I pulled it out we started to eat right away. I paired it with garlic/Parmesian cheese french bread.

My brother isn't really a vegatable kind of guy but he loved it. His friend also asked for the recipe and said she would add capers.

I have 1/2 left over and am going to share it with my visiting Canadian friends. I had some for lunch today and it was marvelous.

I just want to know if this would freeze well?

Agman made me pretty 2011

Thank you all for getting me into the kitchen again--it's been years and I had excellent reasons for hating cooking. Still love baking more but this dish was so wonderful, I'd do it again.

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •