The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"Delicious!"
Posted by frodis on 11-22-11 at 06:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-11 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

I have a backlog of OTCC recipes to try. Some of them are already in the archives so I won't have any place to comment, but I swear I'm going to catch up with all of them!

I made this recipe a few weeks ago and finally managed to upload all of the photos from my camera (going back to May. Yeesh.)

First of all, I'll say that I've made braciole before as it is a family favorite. We usually make lots of small bracioles and cook them in the crock pot. I did try very hard to stick pretty close to this recipe, mostly just to see if I could do it.

The ingredients:

(Because I am a known recipe-alterer, I will say that there are several items pictured here that I did NOT use. The apples, pears, squash and pumpkin seeds were all just in the way and I didn't feel like moving them.) I also forgot to take this pic until after I'd pounded out the flank steak so I just pulled out another flank steak for photo purposes.

Pounded, seasoned, crumbed, and cheesed. My parsley was looking a little droopy so I chopped up some kale (it might have been swiss chard, I can't remember now) and put that in.

Tied up and browning in the big skillet. After it was all browned I poured in the sauce. I didn't really do the exact sauce recipe, I just used a couple of jars of my own homemade jarred spaghetti sauce that I put up earlier this summer. It was fairly close, ingredients wise, so I don't think it made a big difference.

Finally, I didn't make it a sandwich. I just sliced it up and served it with some green salad with a homemade creamy italian dressing and some of the extra parmesan, and some homemade whole wheat breadsticks.

It was very delicious, and really, very easy to make even though it looks like a lot of work. I was hoping to make a sandwich out of leftovers, but there were NO leftovers.

Thanks, Boo! I enjoyed making this and it was a fun one to get back on the OTCC wagon!

(Edited because I forgot a photo!)

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •