The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"RE: SO good!"
Posted by frodis on 04-02-10 at 01:49 PM
Arkie, I'm so sorry this has taken me so long.

Oooookay. I made these, and they were a huge hit. I was really nervous about how Mr. Fro would react to the fruit in the meat mixture, and really, how he'd react to the whole thing, so I didn't really tell him much about it. I just set the plate in front of him and let him eat.

He loved it. (I loved it too!) He took the leftovers for lunch the next day because I think he was afraid I would eat them.

So here's the bad thing. After waiting week looking for my camera cable, I ended up ordering a replacement cable. When I plugged it in, the camera did nothing at all. Then when I unplugged it, about 40 of my photos were blown away. That includes my poblano photos.

I ended up finding the real cable early this morning. I'm going to try to recover the missing photo files on the memory card, but they appear to be toasted. They're there, but throw a ton of errors when I try to import them.

BIG FROWN.

Anyway, I used a pound of ground turkey for the meat. I only used four poblanos, one apple, and one pear. I hesitated a long minute before putting the raisins in but decided to go for it.

I had leftover tomato sauce which I decided to just pour over the poblanos before baking them. Whenever I save leftover tomato sauce it gets lost in my fridge and then it gets scary.

I ADORED the calabacitas. LOVE. I will make it again. I might even toss it with some rice for a big veggie main dish. It was fresh and light and wonderful and so easy. Instead of a fresh jalapeno, I just threw in the rest of the can of green chile sauce that was used in the mole.

I didn't make the walnut sauce *hangs head.* I was making this on a weeknight and just pooped out by the end, and didn't want to haul out the blender. Next time!!

If I had seen this recipe in a magazine I wouldn't have even looked at it twice, it's so far outside my normal zone. I'm so glad for the OTCC and glad that I've promised myself that I'm going to try every recipe. This one is going in the recipe box and will be made again.

Oh, and Mr. Fro never noticed the fruit in the meat stuffing. He thought the chunks were zucchini. HA!

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •