The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"OTCC - Meatball Soup"
Posted by Buggy on 02-05-10 at 01:02 PM
Of course I had to do a soup, and since most of us are still in the cold and dark or winter ( * kicks a groundhog*) this soup is warm and sticks to your ribs.
Those of you who have a thing for measurements will be dissapointed in me, since there aren't many, but it is a good, "add your own stuff" recipe. I make this quite often when it's cold.

1 lb. ground burger ( or turkey - and I have a friend who once made this using sausage, and loved it)

1 cup uncooked white rice

4 or 5 cans beef broth ( how brothy do you want it?)

about a cup chopped onions ( or less, or more). Chopped, not diced small, not too chunky

2 diced garlic cloves ( or more, or less or not, if you don't like)

Pat of butter

salt and pepper ( I don't know how much)

Fresh or cut frozen green beans - not canned, they don't hold up
( I don't know how much ,a handfull, a cup and a half)
Cut fresh ones to about an inch in length.

Saute onions and garlic in butter in your soup pot, til kinda soft, then add your broth. Crumble ground beef in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste, mix with uncooked rice. Form meatballs about an inch 1/2 in size, you want them to be small enough to fit on your spoon.
Heat broth to simmering, then gently add your meatballs, put a lid on your pot and leave it alone for 20 minutes.
Then you can add your green beans, give it a stir, add some Love ( that's an important step in soup making) and let it simmer some without the lid, about 10 minutes or so.
Some of the rice fell of the meatballs, that is okay it thickens the broth.

Serve with biscuts or warm french bread.

Additions! I have added a can of diced tomatoes, it's good, but it's different. I have added chopped fresh mushrooms, it's good but the child hates it that way. I have added chopped carrots, the kid likes it, but I think it changes the flavor too much.
I have added garlic to the meatballs, they are better in the broth. I have added some chili powder to the meatballs with mixed reviews.
Add what you like, but I've found that it's actually better plain. I know some of you will be tempted to omit the butter, but it adds a richness to the broth and you don't have to use much.

Pictures forthcoming, I was planning on making this tonight, but the child used up all my canned broth so I need a trip to the store.

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •