The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"The Best Fried Chicken"
Posted by grit on 05-05-09 at 09:54 AM
It’s best to find a pan that is large enough to hold an entire cut-up chicken; a 12 or 14-inch cast iron skillet works well, as does an electric frying pan. Otherwise, the chicken will have to be fried in two batches.

The secret to this recipe is the brining. It makes the meat tender and juicy.

¾ cup kosher salt
3 quarts water
1 whole chicken cut into parts
1¾ cups flour
¼ cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons dried thyme or oregano (mom prefers oregano)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 quart canola oil

In a large bowl or pot, dissolve salt in water. Rinse chicken pieces and add to bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove chicken pieces and rinse under cool water.

Mix together the next five ingredients in a medium paper bag or a large plastic storage bag. Shake. Add half the chicken pieces, shake and place on a wire rack. Repeat for remaining pieces.

Pour a half-inch-deep layer of canola oil into an electric skillet set at 350 degrees or a large iron skillet or Dutch oven (pan should be large enough to accommodate all the pieces). When the oil reaches 350 degrees (measure with a candy thermometer or drop a small piece of wet dough into the oil – it should sizzle and boil up), place chicken pieces into oil, skin side down, and cover.

After 5 minutes remove the cover. Rearrange pieces if some are more quickly than others. After 5 more minutes, turn the pieces over. Cook uncovered for 8 to 10 more minutes or until done. Rinse off and dry the wire rack while chicken is cooking. Remove fried chicken to the cleaned rack, set over a cookie sheet or a jelly pan. Let it cool for 2-5 minutes and serve.

another agman creation

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •