The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"The Kitchen smells delish!"
Posted by CTgirl on 12-09-09 at 07:08 PM
I came home to the lovely smell of the soup simmering in the crock pot. Its especially nice because today is winter weather of the worst kind: cold, rainy, slushy on the brink of freezing out. So I'm sitting here eating it right now because DH is at a work related Christmas thing and it's yummy!

Except that I think I put in too much pepper (for my tastes anyways). Is white pepper hotter than black? Because Tummy used white pepper in hers, I experimented and did half white and half black. I also used chicken stock and skim milk. Then I added some fat free half and half at the end after it was blended to make it creamier.

I baptized my new hand blender with this recipe too. I had bought myself an early Christmas present because I have been making a lot of soup this winter and it saves a lot of time. One funny thing from the directions: it said "Do not use outdoors." WTH? Go figure that one out!

I will definitely make this one again (and try it with vegetable stock next time - I forgot to buy some) and adjust the amount of pepper!

Thanks Slicey. I loved the way the recipe reads like you are talking. I printed it out as is - you are immortalized in my cookbook now!

Dash Away by Agman - bobbled by Tribe

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •