The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rock Star 2006"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

mmcook 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmcook Click to send private message to mmcook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rock Star 2006"
Not seen this posted yet, and did a search but did not find anything..

This topic of discussion is around what you think could happen next year for a 2006 Rock Star. I mean, this is a Mark Brunnet reality T.V show that has turned into a great breakout hit (I think anyway). It certainly makes the Idol shows look weak and dry by comparison. Anyway, what I find most interesting about this year is that they've created a show with a single purpose that cannot be recreated next year (unless we're in the twilight zone and JD (assuming he wins) self-destructs to the point of getting arrested and we find ourselves back next year :0).

So, assuming INXS finds their perfect singer and ride off into the sunset, what are CBS left to do in the popular world of network sequels? I see two options:

1). Strip INXS from the title, and just have a competition for the next "Rock Star". If Dave's interested, he could still host, and maybe even use his connections to pull together some musicians interested in forming "the next big thing". This would be difficult to pull off, as the weekly eliminations wouldn't have "original" songs to play. Maybe the public could be more in control of the elimination? Or, maybe instead of the "host band" originals, each rocker has to perform their own original during elimination week and the band still chooses from the bottom three.

2). Find another semi-successful Rock band that's in need of a lead singer. I say semi-successful, because I think it would be in poor taste for a band like Queen to seek out another singer in this forum. You just don't have Queen without Freddie. Correct me if you think I'm wrong. Anyway, it would be cool to see if any other bands are in this position that you guys think would work. Or is the whole idea of finding another band cheesy? I was thinking mabye Journey, but I have their most recent live DVD, featuring a new lead singer (and they even picked up a well known studio drummer for the gig). So, the only original members were guitarist & bassist. Anyway, just a thought.

So, what do you all think?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rock Star 2006 trigirl 09-14-05 1
   RE: Rock Star 2006 mmcook 09-14-05 2
       RE: Rock Star 2006 mmcook 09-14-05 3
   RE: Rock Star 2006 cheesybread 09-14-05 5
 RE: Rock Star 2006 cheesybread 09-14-05 4
   RE: Rock Star 2006 mmcook 09-14-05 6
       RE: Rock Star 2006 weltek 09-14-05 7
 Say It Isn't So.... trigirl 09-22-05 8
 RE: Rock Star 2006 - Horror Show? LaLaLisa 09-23-05 9
 RE: Rock Star 2006 youngcontreras 09-23-05 10
 RE: Rock Star 2006, live or dead? Smurfybrown 09-26-05 11
   RE: Rock Star 2006, live or dead? Loree 09-26-05 12
       RE: Rock Star 2006, live or dead? Wacko Jacko 10-12-05 14
 RE: Rock Star 2006 geg6 10-12-05 13
   RE: Rock Star 2006 Smurfybrown 10-12-05 15
   RE: Rock Star 2006 CattyChat 10-12-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-14-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
We did talk about this. I am still hoping for Rock Star: Van Halen. The problem with that is that Alex would be passed out on the couch and Dave would be kicking his a$$.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-14-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mmcook Click to send private message to mmcook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
Sorry.. guess I searched for the wrong thing...

The other post doesn't talk about a different platform for the show, like just plain "Rock Star". How do people feel about that? Personally, INXS is part of the show I like the least. The live concert feel and great songs make this a great show for me.

It seems the post ended off with a quote that "several bands have approached..." So, I guess the "existing band" thing is definately possible too.

Feel free to lock if considered a double post.

09-14-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
By the way, based on the info from that other post, I'm voting for Van Halen as well. Seems like a great fit.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rock Star 2006"

I don't think Alex or Michael have much say in the band anyway. It seems that what Eddie says goes....

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rock Star 2006"

1) I suppose the competition could be done successfully without an existing band, but I'm not sure it would have the same appeal. I don't know, it could work.

2) I was listening to Alice In Chains and it occurred to me that they would be a great band for this competition. Some of the heavy grunge rock they did wouldn't have much cross over appeal but their more successful songs were the slower ones (No excuses, brother, Don't follow, I stay away, Rooster). I just remember hearing a song from Jerry Cantrell's CD after Layne Staley died thinking how the song could have been so much better with both of them singing. I think the harmonizing between their voices was underrated and often overlooked. It would be cool to see if someone could find a successful (not necessarily similary) mix with him and the band.

09-14-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
Wow, great idea. I'm a big Alice in Chains fan and it shames me to forget about that tragedy. Realizing they're a bit of a grungier band - but, then again, look at who the most popular INXS Rock Star hopeful is (Marty)..

You will not hear me underrate or overlook the haunting vocal harmonizing between those two (though I do like the Cantrell solo projects). I think he is a powerhouse guitar player, but I also really liked the bassist and drummer from Alice in Chains. Love to see them back together.

Thanks.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
>but,
>then again, look at who
>the most popular INXS Rock
>Star hopeful is (Marty)..
>

By the voting overall, it seems to me that Mig is the most popular. I dunno why, but the numbers seem to point to Mig.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-22-05, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Say It Isn't So...."
From: Ted Casablanca's E-Online column at www.eonline.com/Gossip/Awful

Oh, there's a bit more on the Desperate front, not to mention a little help from the Donald and Mark Burnett's Apprentice franchise. Girlfriends, listen up.

The only gab that shook me up more than discovering TV folk have been in talks with Madonna for her own Apprentice show is the news from the Wisteria Lane's Icons Dept.

Mark Burnett and Madonna? Sound like Rock Star? Noooooooooo. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Madge, but this show is called Rock Star, not Pop Tart!

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-23-05, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rock Star 2006 - Horror Show?"
So, now that in all the interviews it's coming out that JD started to win this for himself in the first songwriting clinic, by going his own way, not following the rules - and writing a damn good song - I have a feeling that next year's show is going to be all so-called bad boys, or bad boy wannabes.

I know we've debated and debated whether or not JD is truly bad. My feeling is that the whole idea of artistic integrity and going your own way is going to be lost and the new guys will only remember he was controversial. I have a feeling they'll all be jerks.

youngcontreras 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-23-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail youngcontreras Click to send private message to youngcontreras Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
I think that they should also keep this "Rock Star" going. And try and get new and old bands going again. So yes i agree with you all the way. And yes if they do this show again I hope Dave comes back, he was awesome. "MARTY ROCKED"

Smurfybrown 10 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smurfybrown Click to send private message to Smurfybrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rock Star 2006, live or dead?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-05 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-26-05 AT 07:32 PM (EST)

SO I have read about the possible bands for Season 2. My first thought was, "Does the singer have to be alive or dead". Yes Alice in Chains would be ideal, but if they were bold enough for Queen, the whole world would watch. HUGE shoes to fill, Freddie was Queen. Another thought was if David Grool (spelling) would jump in and get Nirvana back together that would be ideal. (hopeful thinking). Then there is the Sublime?, MANY great hits and just a thought. As far as Van Halen, well you know Diamond Dave would be watching. I sent in my audition tape, even though I have no idea of what band. Anyone else send a tape in?
RJ

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rock Star 2006, live or dead?"
MB has said he has been approached by many bands that have either lost their lead singer. Or they are not happy with their present lead singer.

Brian May has said that Queen is not going to do this show. They are not going to replace Freddy.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-12-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rock Star 2006, live or dead?"
>MB has said he has been
>approached by many bands that
>have either lost their lead
>singer. Or they are
>not happy with their present
>lead singer.
>
>Brian May has said that Queen
>is not going to do
>this show. They are
>not going to replace Freddy.
>

Queen already replaced Freddie with Paul Rodgers from Bad Company. Queen may not do the show but they are not opposed to continuing with out Freddie.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
Just heard this on our big rock station here in Pittsburgh.

They are saying that Van Halen has agreed to be the next Rock Star band in search of a singer. No real attribution to any source that I heard, but they usually have the buzz.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Smurfybrown 10 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smurfybrown Click to send private message to Smurfybrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
I got it from another source that you are right. Mine comes straight from the office of MB. They all heard that rumor but it is very hush hush still around there and won't confirm.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-12-05, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rock Star 2006"
Sounds like a promising start for Season 2!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •