The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Panama Again?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Shulman 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-12-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Panama Again?"
I am confused. Of all the exotic locales to choose from, why will Survivor return to Panama? I'd like to see a different location. Am I the only fan who feels this way?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Panama Again? lvoetulips 12-12-05 1
 RE: Why Panama Again? Das Mole 12-12-05 2
 RE: Why Panama Again? bystander 12-12-05 3
 RE: Why Panama Again? byoffer 12-12-05 4
   RE: Why Panama Again? arturbars 12-13-05 7
   RE: Why Panama Again? PepeLePew13 12-13-05 8
 RE: Why Panama Again? Lisa0116 12-12-05 5
 RE: Why Panama Again? Prof_ Wagstaff 12-12-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-12-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Why Panama Again?"
I? have always wanted a survivor in the Alaskan wilderness. I would love to see them there trying to survive the cold, and do challenges in the snow.

But them being there in the summer would be just as cool. Watch out grizzlies, lame survivor hotties are here!

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-12-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Why Panama Again?"
Yeah, I love how this is gonna be the third season filmed there. The location's not that exciting, IMO, but whatever.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-12-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Why Panama Again?"
But its a new and Skeery Island. It's not like they all look the same, is it?

Seasonally appropriate greetings by Bob!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Why Panama Again?"
Panama has to be cheap for them. Not too far from the US. Same time zones as US (easier logistics). Easy to bring in people/supplies. Heck, they probably left some stuff there from last time. And obviously they have a good working relationship with the govt of Panama.

I agree that a non-tropical location would be interesting. Alaska or the Queen Charlotte Islands just south of there would be awesome. They've never really gone to Europe, but the high population density would make keeping secrets a problem. Maybe someplace in Russia?? Again, the logistics would be tougher, so why would they bother.

Despite all the neat non-tropical places, face it, they want the survivors to be stripped down, not covered up. Bikinis always sell more than parkas.

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-13-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Why Panama Again?"

>
>I agree that a non-tropical location
>would be interesting. Alaska
>or the Queen Charlotte Islands
>just south of there would
>be awesome. They've never
>really gone to Europe, but
>the high population density would
>make keeping secrets a problem.
> Maybe someplace in Russia??
> Again, the logistics would
>be tougher, so why would
>they bother.
>
>Despite all the neat non-tropical places,
>face it, they want the
>survivors to be stripped down,
>not covered up. Bikinis
>always sell more than parkas.
>
>

If they would have it in the non-tropical location like Alaska or Russia, they obviously would have go there for survivor 13 (film in the summer). I agree with the bikini-factor. But let me tell you this - I don't know about Alaska (as I have never been there), but in Russia there are plenty of locations where they could get a good show. In the summer it is really hot during the day and cold by night, so it will be very similar to Outback season, where they were in bikinies during the day and had to cover head to toe by night...

The perfect spot in Russia would be Lake Baikal in souther Siberia or on the Far-East coast - access to water... even though swiming in Lake Baikal could be too cold even in the summer..

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Why Panama Again?"
>Panama has to be cheap for
>them. Not too far
>from the US. Same
>time zones as US (easier
>logistics). Easy to bring
>in people/supplies. Heck, they
>probably left some stuff there
>from last time. And
>obviously they have a good
>working relationship with the govt
>of Panama.

They probably said "Do you want Manuel 'Pineapple Face' Noreiga back? No? Then shut up and let us back into your country to film."

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-12-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Why Panama Again?"
It takes less palm grease to get the location than to try to get the US govt. to allow them on Alaskan wilderness (protected) land-after all, how could bush and his cronies make any money drilling for oil up there if they have to pussyfoot around Survivors???

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-12-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Why Panama Again?"
Panama works so well for them because at the end of the season Jiffy can get to the States faster on his Jet Ski.

Sig by Cignus

"These Are the Laws of My Administration:If any form of pleasure is exhibited/Report to me and it will be prohibited/I'll put my foot down, so shall it be/This is the land of the free." Rufus T. Firefly

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •