The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Deadwood Widow"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-04, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Deadwood Widow"
So now we're a few episodes into the season and comfortable in the knowledge that, with renewal, we will not have the show yanked out from under us a la "Andy Richter."

Do you think the widow will find out about the claim? Or will Al fool her into thinking she's destitute and, worrying about her next fix, will she fall into a life of hooerdom?

What is the drug she takes? Absinthe? Laudenum? Is she sniffing the little dropper thingy or putting it under her tongue or what?

Was it smart for the Larry Darryl & Darryl guy (the one who sort of plays Smee to Al's Hook) to fess up, or will he be Pig Chow soon?

Still liking the show, you mother___ #$%&^*! varmints?

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Deadwood Widow Mistral 04-08-04 1
   RE: The Deadwood Widow ginger 04-08-04 2
 RE: The Deadwood Widow Ra_8secs 04-09-04 3
   RE: The Deadwood Widow ginger 04-09-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-08-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
1. "RE: The Deadwood Widow"
>What is the drug she takes?
> Absinthe? Laudenum?
>Is she sniffing the little
>dropper thingy or putting it
>under her tongue or what?

Yup, I think it's opium (or laudenum, which I believe is just opium dissolved in alcohol). I think you're supposed to mix just a few drops with water and you gotta be really careful. But when you're rolling your own like she is, she's probably getting pretty heavy-handed with it.

At any rate, she's flying high as a kite and I'd be pretty surprised if she didn't OD, but of course, not until something dreadful happens to her.....

04-08-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
2. "RE: The Deadwood Widow"
She may fool us. She was certainly the brighter half of her marriage, drugs notwithstanding. The scenes from next week seem to indicate she knows something is up re that claim.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-09-04, 09:34 AM (EST)
3. "RE: The Deadwood Widow"
I'm really liking Deadwood, even more than Sopranos.

The lady/wife is drinking laudenum, an opium/alcohol tincture. Didn't know that "dope", meaning heroin/opium, I guess, was so prevalent in the underworld there. But then, this was quite the time of Britain's opium trade w/ China, and chinamen were getting into the west. I also think she'll wise up and not sell back the claim. It's just the "unexpected according to character" thing I'd expect from the writers.

So, I like the historical references of the show, whether or not they're actually accurate.

What's the dead-meter count so far?

I love all the characters. Very engaging and fun.

May have to try to write a summary.

I am opposed to millionaires, but it would be dangerous to offer me the position. -- Mark Twain

04-09-04, 01:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Deadwood Widow"
I am still absolutely mad about your signpic. Think it should be a new Pixar movie.

I think we average about 2.2 dead per episode.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •