The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-05 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

Apologies in advance to the dial-up users for the long post and several pictures... but it's long overdue for some updates on the Le Pew front! What do we got? We got pictures, we got Bruiser, we got Pippy, what more do you need?

Pene's still vegging out and waiting for the baby, so I thought this was a good time to finally post some 'other' stuff.

ETA: Bruiser's visit was in March. Sorry for the confusion, folks! Didn't intend to make you think it was very recently...

Bruiser's Visit to the Le Pews
(narrated in Bruiser's own words)

Hi. Remember me? Carmen may be out there making the rounds to OT folks but hopefully I haven't been forgotten!

Unfortunately, I seem to have arrived right after a huge blizzard hit the area. The Le Pews were cruel enough to hand me a shovel and push me right out there to shovel the snow. Some welcome, humpf! Dayum, it sure was cold and that snow was heavy. After a few minutes of shovelling, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack and Dr. Pippy quickly popped out the stethoscope to check my heart. Fortunately, I recovered.

Now I keep hearing about this "Tim Horton's" thing that Canadians are always talking about so I got Pepe to take me over there.

The Holy Grail of Canada (funny, I always thought it was the Stanley Cup, but apparently not)

It seems there was some kinda contest going on at Tim Hortons where you roll up the rim to win prizes. After spending about $30 Cdn on coffee cups, I finally won a DONUT! YEE HAA! These suckers weren't gonna keep me winless for long. But I'm now going through a severe caffeine rush and still feeling the withdrawl symptoms 3 months later...

Now it's time to go off to work with Pepe.

In the car with Pepe

After arriving at Pepe's work, I just HAD to check in and see how things were going on OT. I also cheated and checked Snewser's pick to see who was being booted that night on Survivor: Palau.

I even got to teach one of Pepe's classes!

The Not-So-Extreme Home Improvement

Inspired by Frisky's bedroom makeover pics from a while ago, I decided to take some pictures of the before and after of the two renovation projects I was planning to do. Before these projects, I had never even attempted any sort of a home improvement task other than painting or very minor repairs.

Here's a before and after pic of the living room:

That was just a warm-up before the main job - the master bedroom. We wanted to go ahead and do the whole bedroom before the baby comes. Here's the before...

The walls were painted the standard 'cheapo-new-house-paint' colour that the builders always put in when they build a house and the old bedroom furniture didn't match anything at all. We didn't have a headboard, either.

Here's the after:

New colour, new headboard, new bookshelf that I put together, and three little bamboo mirrors for decoration above the bed. The colours doesn't show up onscreen the way it actually looks - it's a bit more rust-ish, like an orange-brown rust/copper and it's a very warm and earthy tone.

We bought a bamboo vanity to go with a mirror that belonged to Pene's grandmother

Also put in a bamboo blind to match the stained armoire for Pippy and the baby-to-come. Note the Pepe doll on top of the TV.

We also had an old oak desk refinished - it's been in the family for a century.

And what would be a Le Pew update thread without some pics of Pippy?

Today is Pippy's half-birthday and he's now 30 months old. Yeesh, where did the time go? Happy birfday, Pippy!

Thanks for putting up with all these pictures (apologies again for the size of this thread) and hope I didn't bore you guys too much!

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... weltek 07-13-05 1
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... RollDdice 07-13-05 2
   RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... PepeLePew13 07-13-05 3
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... jkokoj 07-13-05 4
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... Surveysez 07-13-05 5
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... ARnutz 07-13-05 6
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... AugustGirl 07-13-05 7
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... CantStandToLook 07-13-05 8
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... txmomma26 07-13-05 9
 Pepe's hat trick is awesome. geg6 07-13-05 10
   RE: Pepe's hat trick is awesome. PepeLePew13 07-13-05 13
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... ginger 07-13-05 11
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... frisky 07-13-05 12
   RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... ginger 07-13-05 16
       RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... frisky 07-13-05 18
           RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... PepeLePew13 07-13-05 22
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... probably clueless 07-13-05 14
   RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... frisky 07-13-05 15
       RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... ginger 07-13-05 17
           RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... probably clueless 07-13-05 19
               RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... ginger 07-13-05 21
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... Puffy 07-13-05 20
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... Femme 07-13-05 23
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... Schnookie Palookie 07-13-05 24
   RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... PepeLePew13 07-14-05 32
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... arkiegrl 07-13-05 25
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... Dakota 07-13-05 26
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... seahorse 07-13-05 27
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... LadyT 07-13-05 28
   RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... PepeLePew13 07-14-05 31
 Hey ... Tiggertramp 07-13-05 29
 RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover,... samboohoo 07-14-05 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
What great pics & stories! We all KNOW Pippy is cute, we all know Bruiser would have a great visit, but I didn't know you were such great decorators! Your bedroom looks AMAZING!

I love the wall color!

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Fantastic travelogue Pepe! Thanks for sharing the makeover pics and Bruiser's adventures.

And Pippy has grown so much!

Extreme Home Makeover - Driver, Move that banana!

07-13-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"

>Extreme Home Makeover - Driver, Move that banana!

That? Is funny.

Scratch and sniff

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-13-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
I *heart* the Le Pews!!!

courtesy of RollDdice

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-13-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Cute kid, cute banana pics, and good job on your make over rooms.

Ham and eggs - a day's work for a chicken, a lifetime committment for a pig.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Wow!!! A three-for-one update thread!

What great pics of Bruiser and all of your regular hangouts!

Pippy? is adorable, as always! He is getting soooo big!

The makeovers? they are fabulous! The shelving unit in the LR is awesome! Could you come on over here and build me on of those?

I love the bedroom color! You did a great job there and I love how you tied in all of the bamboo pieces!

Oh, and the next update I expect from you is that Pene had that baby!

A J Slice original ©2004

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Thanks for the update, Pepe. Love the makeover. Very nice. And look at Pippy! He's such a little man. Too cute!

What is this Tim Horton's contest thing?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Awesome pics Pepe and nice way to brighten up this place. I remember it was just a year ago that I got to meet the wonderful Pippy. Wow, he's turned into quite the little man now hasn't he?

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Snow in the summertime?!?! I always knew you Canadians were a bit odd.

Pippy's adorable - so cute and huggable and lvoeable! I miss that age. They are so much fun to watch. Happy half-birthday to the cutest little skunk.

The bedroom looks wonderful - very cozy and comfy!

Thanks Pepe! Hope Pene is feeling well.

It ain't proper, it ain't cool but folks remember what you do...in nothin' but cowboy boots...

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Pepe's hat trick is awesome."
Leave it to a Cantadian to give us a three-fer.

As always, love the Bruiser pics. That Bruiser, what a card!

The makeover is great. I'm in love the with paint in the bedroom. What brand? What is the color name? I want some.

Pippy is sooooooo big! Happy half-birthday, Pipster.

And Pene? Anything interesting happening yet? *crosses fingers*

I'm such a slut for the blues.

07-13-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Pepe's hat trick is awesome."

>The makeover is great. I'm
>in love the with paint
>in the bedroom. What
>brand? What is the
>color name? I want some.

It's a Benjamin Moore Collection (one of their top brands, didn't want to go cheap for the bedroom), interior eggshell latex, colour is Pilgrimage Foliage. Thanks for the compliment!

>And Pene? Anything interesting happening
>yet? *crosses fingers*

Ahhhh, no, nothing yet. We're gonna go out for a little while now as the more she moves around, the more likely something's going to happen.

Scratch and sniff

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Could Dr. Pip be ANY CUTER? I think not!

And I lvoed that orangey red wall colour!

So nice to see Bruiser again...snow obviously agrees with the guy.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
WOW! Beautiful pics! Tim Horton's just looks lovely!

Pepe, you and Pene have a beautiful kitten. He's gorgeous.

I love that rusty paint colour and I'm wishing I'd gone with something like that for my living room. The cat-tongue pink is getting old fast. You done a really nice job!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

The world is my litterbox.

07-13-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
pssssssst........Frisk........those are incredibly cute baby skunks!

Come to think of it, maybe "kitten" is the right word? What's the word for a baby skunk?

07-13-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
skunkling?

07-13-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
22. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
So what do you call a cross between a skunk (moi) and a rrowrr-worthy cat (Pene)?

Skunkat?

Scratch and sniff

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Nice piks.

So, what do you do with all that snow when you're done with it?

Handcrafted by RollDice®

*How much ya got left?*

07-13-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Tim Horton's collects it and uses it during the summer to make their Ice Cappuccino.

07-13-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
17. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
And everyone thinks those brown chunks are chocolate, right?

Snow gets pretty grubby when it's used.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
I'd be concerned about those 'lemon' Popsicles as well.

Handcrafted by RollDice®

*don't eat yellow snow*

07-13-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
21. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Particularly if you find it in Miami.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"

Fabulous pictures. The house and Pippy look great. As for Bruiser, I'm so happy! I can see my autograph right above the Chiquita emblem when Bruiser is at the computer.

Move over Bob, this is an Arkie original

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-13-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Pippy is adorable.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Whoa! You had me all confuzzled for a sec, thinking Bruiser was at your place now LOL.

Terrific to see Bruiser again and LOL at the Tim Horton's roll-up-the-rim contest and Pippy with the stethoscope (sp?).

Awesome make-over on the bedroom. it's gorgeous!!! Nice organization in the living room. A place for everything. Just what you need with children around.

Pippy! Wow he is growing so fast! Suchy a cute boy. Looking forward to seeing pics of Pippy & Poppy together.

BTW, Bruiser is returning here for some repairs then I'm hoping to send him off to you so he can visit with Poppy and family. I'll be in touch when things are finalized.

07-14-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
32. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Sweeeet about Bruiser! LOL, sorry about the confusion as to when Bruiser visited - after your comment (and a couple others above), I went back and looked at the original post and realized I hadn't even mentioned when he came to visit so I sure gave the impression we might still have some snow up here.

FWIW, as a point of comparison to you and to txmomma (who touched up on the snow thing), it was hotter in Toronto (35C) yesterday than it was in either Georgia or central Texas.

Scratch and sniff

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Bruiser pics are always fun!

I lvoe what you did with the bedroom. That color is wonderful! It's such an inviting looking room.

And Pippy? Oh my gosh! What a cutie-pie!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Pippy is a doll! A heartbreaker in the making, I'm sure. And Bruiser's travelogue gets my LOL Award. While You Were Out's got nuttin' on you in the redesign category.

Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW
Note that "travelogue" is the American spelling.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Great pictures, Pippy is so cute.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Love the pictures of the house, you did an awesome job.

Am I the only one who thinks that Pippy was born like yesterday? Pippy can't be 30 months old, its just not possible

TishyTime

07-14-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
31. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
You're far from alone. I can't even imagine myself where did the time go... I could almost swear it was just 3 months ago (not 30) that I held Pippy in my arms after he was born.

Scratch and sniff

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-13-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Hey ..."
Pippy is so darned cute I can not stand it. And you are adding *more* of your cute DNA to the world? Plan on taking over the planet with cute people??

I see how you are...

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-05, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: A Not-So-Extreme Home Makeover, Bruiser's Visit, and an All-Purpose thresd"
Yay for pics! I'm so glad I popped in here. I love the colour on the bedroom walls. I'm working on doing something bold like that in our house, although it will probably only be on one wall. And I love those little Adirondack chairs. That was a theme our our wedding, and I had one of those on top of our wedding cake!

Pippy is absolutely handsome!

Knock, Knock.
Who's There?
Boo!
Boo who?
Don't Cry, It's Only a Joke!

Yep, it's a Bob!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •