The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My Sediments Exactly"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-13-05, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My Sediments Exactly"
I? Am not the world's greatest handyman, and I readily admit it. But I think I could have handled flushing out the hot water heater every once in a while. After seeing Danny Lipford say something about it on the Weather Channel, and hearing Gary Sullivan mention it on his snoozer of a radio show, I decided I could be Getting A Message, and it was past time to drain the hot water heater.

Oh.My.Heck.

The sediment in the bottom of this thing could probably fill the Great Salt Lake. I had to run the water into the heater again with the hose hooked up just to force some of it out, and that may not be enough. I could not believe all the glarp (TM) that was being heated before the water.

This may cost us the heater, altough to be fair, when we had a new dishwasher and disposal installed, the plumber told us that the heater was on its last legs. Still, it's obvious it hadn't been flushed in years.

Please, please, please, flush your hot water heater if you haven't done so lately. Or if you're renting and have trouble with your hot water, ask the landlord when the heater was last flushed.

In the meantime, anyone want some glarp?

It'll fill up a few sandboxes for sure.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My Sediments Exactly ginger 06-13-05 1
 Hot water heater? J I M B O 06-13-05 2
   RE: Hot water heater? newsomewayne 06-13-05 3
       RE: Hot water heater? J I M B O 06-13-05 5
           RE: Hot water heater? volsfan 06-13-05 9
               RE: Hot water heater? J I M B O 06-13-05 13
           RE: Hot water heater? newsomewayne 06-13-05 11
       RE: Hot water heater? Cygnus X1 06-13-05 14
       RE: Hot water heater? Cygnus X1 06-13-05 15
 RE: My Sediments Exactly thndrkttn 06-13-05 4
 RE: My Sediments Exactly nailbone 06-13-05 6
   RE: My Sediments Exactly geg6 06-13-05 10
 RE: My Sediments Exactly newsomewayne 06-13-05 7
 Who knew? mysticwolf 06-13-05 8
 when I was a kid moonbaby 06-13-05 12
 RE: My Sediments Exactly brvnkrz 06-13-05 16
 RE: My Sediments Exactly foonermints 06-13-05 17
 RE: My Sediments Exactly DontGetMeStarted 06-13-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"
Mmmm...glarp. Glarp on the rocks.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Hot water heater?"

That phrase kills me. Who the heck needs to heat hot water?

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hot water heater?"
Crap. You beat me to it. As a plumbing engineer, this is one of those phrases that tends to raise the hairs on one's neck.

Silence suggested by Syren, 2005
Petty, I know. But it still happens.

06-13-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hot water heater?"

you probly hear 'duck' tape a lot too...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hot water heater?"
The "duck" tape gets me more than hot water heater.

06-13-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Hot water heater?"

it's a bit more understandable IMO tho. after all duct tape sounds the same as if you say duck tape. AND, there is such a product out there (real stretch of marketing imagination...).

06-13-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hot water heater?"
I know somebody that better 'duck' real soon.

06-13-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hot water heater?"
So? I just proved my point that I'm not a handyman!

But YOU try reporting New York traffic at 3 AM sometime!

06-13-05, 06:25 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Hot water heater?"
For one, someone needs to tell the Los Angeles City of Anaheim . . .

Update: I had to take the valve off to break up the sediment. After a nice fountain rivaling the Bellagio in Vegas, I got the valve back in and the hose hooked back up. Now to fill the tank back up and mop up the basement.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-13-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"

Glarp makes me feel squinkey!

thanks to TT for the cool word!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"
I've never heard of doing that. Is it hard? Are there instructions somewhere? Our is 12 years old and never been flushed out.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"
You might as well just go buy a new one now, Boner.

I'm such a slut for the blues.
DBF is what I like to call an "anal retentive handyman."

06-13-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-05 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

Seriously, I know how you feel. I have to do this to our water heater at least every other year because of calcium deposits in our water. After draining the tank, I remove the lower element and use a shop vac with an home-made attachment to get in there and chisel and remove built-up sediments. Not a fun way to spend an afternoon.

ETSay: mmmm...GLARP

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Who knew?"
I had no idea you were supposed to flush the water heater. I'm on my 4th house and have never done that. Don't remember my father ever doing it while growing up, either. Hmmm...

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "when I was a kid"
my mom was the one who always took care of this stuff. I remember helping her-the amount of gunk that came out was amazing!

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"
Our involuntarily drained itself a couple of years ago. Ifyaknowwhatimean

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"
Here. Maybe these will help.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-13-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My Sediments Exactly"
we got one of those briefcase sized ones that go on the wall... instant hot water that never runs out... glarp is good but with ice and ?? ...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •