The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Um . . . oops?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Um . . . oops?"
I just made a 30-minute chore into a 2-hour chore.

I was mowing the front lawn of Casa del Cyg and had gone to the weed whacker. The top cover of said whacker had come off. Only a couple minutes in, I was into the small garden by the front door of our townhouse. Next thing I know . . .

THWACK! BAM! CRASH! #tinkle#

(no, that last part wasn't me, but it almost was!)

The wheed whacker must have gotten hold of a rock and sent it sailing perfectly into the upper corner of our storm door's glass pane. It was shattered (shadoobie). Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the silly frame out . . . and pick the glass shards out of the garden.

We recently had a thread about stupid injuries. How about other plays like the one I just made that involved damage, but no injuries?

It was shocking, pretty, and annoying. It was shockprenoying! . . . naaah, that doesn't work.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Um . . . oops? Surveysez 05-26-05 1
 RE: Um . . . oops? weltek 05-26-05 2
 RE: Um . . . oops? Seana 05-26-05 3
 RE: Um . . . oops? Bebo 05-26-05 4
   RE: Um . . . oops? Cygnus X1 05-26-05 5
       RE: Um . . . oops? ginger 05-26-05 6
 when I was a kid moonbaby 05-26-05 7
 RE: Um . . . oops? badger 05-26-05 8
   Oh! Ellehcar71 05-26-05 9
 RE: Um . . . oops? JohnMc 05-26-05 10
 RE: Um . . . oops? Silvergirl1 05-26-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-26-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Um . . . oops?"
Sparkie, the younger DD was practising her swing with a plastic baseball bat. On the door step. For some reason she didn't think (I could just end the sentence there) a plastic bat either wouldn't hit the aluminium door window or wouldn't go through. Either way, she was wrong.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Um . . . oops?"
Aw. Cyggie, that sucks! Isn't it funny how a 1 second fiasco can cost you a bunch of time & money?

When I was younger, I didn't realize my bedroom window still had the storm window on the outside (back when there was such a thing as storm windows). I tried with all my might to open the window & POP! out the storm window fell to the ground & shattered.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Um . . . oops?"
Hiya, Cygnus!

Sorry to hear about your window.

Here's mine: at the grocery store, they installed garbage cans on the outside rail of the cart return. A neat idea, so people don't leave garbage in the carts. So I parked my car in the space right next to the cart return and needed to straighten up a bit. I backed up and heard the most awful noise. I had bent my passenger side mirror. My last car had bendy arm thing so this wouldn't happen. My brain refused to admit that I wasn't in that car.

DH was really nice about it. He fixed it up with some duct tape until we could afford to have the damn thing replaced. $300 later...

Whenever I get too full of myself, I have a little look at my new mirror.

The best part is how my 6-year-old remembers. If it looks like I'm going for a spot near the cart return, she tells me not to break the mirror again.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Um . . . oops?"
I was sure that "gone to the weed whacker" was code for something.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Um . . . oops?"

I know noth-ing . . . I see noth-ing . . .

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Um . . . oops?"
Kudos for use of "shadoobie"!

Success success success
Doesn't matter.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "when I was a kid"
I was playing hockey in the yard with my sister and we made the goal between two trash cans. Ya know what else was between those two cans? The basement window. I got the first and last goal of the game

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Um . . . oops?"
i am also in mower hell. a 2 hour chore has taken me days to resolve (well, it's still unresolved, i guess, as the lawn still hasn't been mowed)

i *was* proud of myself for taking over mr. badger's yard duties... 'til tuesday afternoon, when i hit a large rock with the mower and bent the blade. A LOT.

so i went to the store and bought a new blade. took the old one off, put the new one on -- pretty good, "for a girl."

until i couldn't get the lawnmower to start again.

apparently, when i turned the mower onto its side to fix it, all the gas drained into the air filter (i think that was the problem -- Literature is my specialty, not Mechanics).

i've just bought a new air filter. but now it's, like, 90 degrees. NOT lawn-mowing weather.

and the lawn is beginning to be jungle-like. and the new blade is "crappy" (so says mr. badger)

dammit.

and of course, all of this makes me feel woefully inadequate. and makes mr. badger feel woefully inadequate, too

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Oh!"
So that's what was wrong with my mower yesterday! Thanks for the help! (con you believe it didn't even occur to me to ask OT, yet I found the answer, anyway!)

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-26-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Um . . . oops?"
Are you making one of the Vonage phone service ads?

Come play Survivor Mogo Mogo - The Game of the Same Names
Also be part of the conclusion of The Fantabulous Race

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Um . . . oops?"

Yikes! Shards of glass scare me.

DH put up a wall cabinet and nicked a drain pipe. A small amount of leakage, thank goodness, and it was easy to repair.

Silvergirl

Life is Good!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •