The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-07-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
So, this inflatable banana came in the mail. How did you explain this to your family/housemates? What were their reactions?

I got word from the lovely Nookie that Bruiser will be visiting me the first weekend in March. Yay! Then I got thinking, okay, so I open the mail, blow up the banana, give it a place at the dinner table, make up a bed, take pictures...my God, people. DH and the kittens are going to think I'm several kibbles short of a full bag!

It's bad enough that DH thinks you're all a bunch of axe murderers, and that Catt is really a fat, bald prison inmate with multiple rape convictions and a hairy back. (I must say, though, that he is very intrigued about my blonde lesbian friend from California named "Knockers.")

So how did you explain Bruiser and how did the family react? I'm going to tell DH and the kittens tonight at the dinner table. I'll post their reactions later.

Incessant whining.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... brvnkrz 02-07-05 1
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... miamicatt 02-07-05 32
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Glow 02-07-05 2
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... SilverStar 02-07-05 9
       RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Glow 02-07-05 12
           RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... emydi 02-07-05 20
               RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Glow 02-07-05 22
       RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Puffy 02-07-05 15
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... seahorse 02-07-05 24
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... SurvivaBear 02-07-05 3
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Surveysez 02-07-05 4
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... arkiegrl 02-07-05 5
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Asrai 02-07-05 6
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... geg6 02-07-05 7
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Asrai 02-07-05 8
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... SilverStar 02-07-05 10
       RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Asrai 02-07-05 11
           RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... SilverStar 02-07-05 16
               RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Asrai 02-07-05 17
                   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... SilverStar 02-07-05 18
                       RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Asrai 02-07-05 19
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Glow 02-07-05 14
 Are you kidding me? MTW1961 02-07-05 13
   RE: Are you kidding me? ginger 02-07-05 21
       RE: Are you kidding me? MTW1961 02-07-05 25
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... J I M B O 02-07-05 23
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... thndrkttn 02-07-05 26
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... samboohoo 02-07-05 27
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... MTW1961 02-07-05 29
 Not sure yet northernlights 02-07-05 28
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... tig_ger 02-07-05 30
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... probably clueless 02-07-05 31
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Schnookie Palookie 02-07-05 33
   RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... rasslinmomma 02-07-05 34
       RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... Schnookie Palookie 02-07-05 36
   RE: Bruiser MTW1961 02-07-05 35
 RE: Bananagate: how did you tell y... frisky 02-08-05 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
I explained nothing. I got him. blew him up and walked around with him as if nothing was strange. I spoke to him in public as if he were a real person. I told GF about our visitor. At first she did not want to travel with him. I forced her to be in public with us but she walked behind and to the side as not to be associated with us.
She rolled her eyes a lot and told me that I was in fact nuts. But I think secretly she found it amusing.

BTW:Mcatt? is not fat and she shaved her back both times that I met her.

LMAO at explaining your blonde lesbian friend named "Knockers"

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
*gasp*
I do NOT shave my back!!!!!

Don't be ridiculous!

Everybody knows I wax...

RollDdice it was handcrafted by. Thankful Miamicatt is.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Before I got Bruiser in the mail, I asked DF if he wanted to go with me to meet Star, Asrai, Geggy, and Emy. He said he did not want to go. I told him that we would be taking pictures of the banana at IKEA. He looked at me like I was nuts. "There's a banana at IKEA?" "Well, not yet. We have to take it there." I know that at some point, I mentioned the banana to him. I guess he had forgotten so I explained it again. "...So now we ship it to people from OT and we all sign it and take pictures with it." At this point, he gave me that kind of blank look that he gives me sometimes. He still did not want to go with me to the Pittsburgh meet. *shrug*

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Pfft. His loss. *rolls eyes*

The Syren? she awesome.
I told my family about it. They thought it was funny. They are used to me being stupid, so it wasn't an issue.

02-07-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
That's what I told him. eh. I'm glad he didn't go anyway.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
he probably thinks I'm a lesbian axe murderer

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-07-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Well, he didn't until I told him I thought you were.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Where's Coco's banana pictures?

Created exclusively for Puffy by JSlice
Silverstar's tag line described my situation perfectly. Same thing here.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
He still did not want to go with me to the Pittsburgh meet. *shrug*

That was definitely his loss.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-07-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
My wife looked at me like I had grown a second nose. I think her exact words were, "you are a stupid, insane, freak!" Then I told her that I was planning on taking our daughter to the AF Museum to meet people and take pictures with the banana. She directed me to always stay in a public place and take the cell phone. Actually, when she saw the pictures afterward, I think she secretly thought it was kind of cool.

A lovely creation by the lovely Syren
I said, "Of course I am a stupid, insane, freak. I married you, didn't I?"

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-07-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Tell them bananas were a really good price at the store.

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
I didn't tell arkieboy that the banana was part of our OT peep meet until we were already half-way to Chattanooga. Being 13, he was highly embarrassed at the thought, and wanted me to turn around and take him back home. You should have seen his face when we made him sit by the banana in the restaurant, . But on the way home, he said it was really cool, and wished I would have gotten the banana at our house.

bounce by Icey

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Well, seeing as I have never had Bruiser sent to me, I made the choice to travel to him!!

I told the fam about it and they were very excited....we breed 'em weird here in the Hoosier state....and were gellus of my travels far and wide to see this awesome yellow pool toy!

So, I travelled through Indiana, Ohio, Pennesylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia to be a part of the wonder that is Bruiser. He truly is worth driving hundreds of miles for. Oh yeah, so were the many peeps I met because of him!

SurBear, BEG, Nookie, Esbea, Woe, CSTL, Beav, Puffy, Deb, Mr. Puffy, Mr. Nookie, Silver Star, Glow, Geggy, and Emy are forever in my book as truly insane peeps who braved the stares, laughs, and stupid questions while hanging with that charming 'nana!!

Long live Bruiser! *giggle*

I Will Arrive...

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Well, Glowie had custody while he was here. But it did take some doing to get DBF and my friends to try to understand the whole thing. Not that they ever really did. But they accept that I am not normal and never will be. Thankfully, they have no illusions about me. That doesn't mean they don't think the whole Bruiser/OT thing isn't weird. It just means that it is not the weirdest thing I've ever done.

*smooches to Glowie and Asrai*

02-07-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
*Smooch* baby!

That Bruiser....he needs to work on his drinking skills. He was all over the unfortunate peeps behind us. What a lush!
I Will Arrive...

02-07-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Gee, no *smooch* for me? I see how you are.

The Syren? she awesome.
What.ever.

02-07-05, 12:54 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Listen here, Missy...YOU didn't get a *smooch* cause as of the time Geggy posted, YOU weren't here. Sheesh...I think someone has a twitch, or something! LOL

Now come 'ere and give me a *smooch*!!
I Will Arrive...

02-07-05, 01:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
*looks around* Who me? *eye twitch*

*smooch*

The Syren? she awesome.
Hello? you didn't notice my new siggie! Isn't it purty?

02-07-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
No, not you. The other cutie patootie with the *eye twitch*

LOL

I did...it is very purty! I'm gellus, but CQ told me that I get no more siggies cause I a siggy ho.
I Will Arrive...

02-07-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Oh, her. *eye twitch* Right.

The Syren? she awesome.
You're a plain ole ho. A peep meet ho, a siggie ho, a (censored) ho.

02-07-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

When was the last time I told you that you're absolutely adorable?

Shhh, stop spreading that around. I have a rep to maintain. Asrai = pure goodness
I Will Arrive...

ETF: Ack! My siggy went beserk!!

02-07-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
I very much believe that it's not the weirdest thing you've ever done. *grin*

*ice cream smooch*

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Are you kidding me?"
I haven't even told DW I write and post summaries of reality TV shows here. The inflatible banana? She just cannot know.

If she knew I spent hours each day corresponding online with a bunch of "strangers", she would conclude that I had far too much time on my hands. My HONEY-DO list would triple!

Anybody have any ideas of how to break the news?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Are you kidding me?"
BF thinks we are all completely whacked to be watching reality tv, let alone conversing, let alone conversing to the degree/amount we do. Wondering how I'm going to casually mention the fact that when he and I are in DC I may want to hook up with about 17 of my "friends-in-the-box," as Brave's GF calls us. On the other hand, the photo with Brave, Catt and the Hooters Girls, as well as Bruiser, did a lot to improve his outlook on things OT.

02-07-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Are you kidding me?"
Ginger, I'm going to DC in March with the family. So far, I haven't been able to think of a way to meet any DC peeps. Maybe after hours in the lobby of my hotel while the rest of them are sleeping.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
DW didn't know. If I had tried to explain it, she just would've assumed I was cheating on her.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

seriously

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-07-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
I was lucky with DH. He has a Greatful Dead board that he posts on and we have met a bunch of peeps from there so me posting on this board was no big deal. As I have mentioned before, he used to refer to JV as my "internet boyfriend." We regularly refer to peeps on the board during a discussion. In fact, he was curious this morning as to what you guys thought about the half-time show.

With the extended family--well I had it easy there too due to Webby giving me a ticket to see the Survivor finale. Although, whenever I refer to the site, I always say "Oh I read it on that site where I WON the finale ticket."

The banana was a little more difficult to explain but once people got past the whole internet/sketchy peeps bad rap, they all had fun with it. The marina owner's wife still asks me where the banana currently is.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
I got a few looks, but the kicker was when I told them I was taking Baby Boo with me to meet the Lunas. I showed DH everything, including Luna's wedding pics. He was fine with it. I told everyone else that this was something from my "mommy" board.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

02-07-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
" I told everyone else that this was something from my "mommy" board."

Mommies definitely have more "street cred" that reality TV junkies.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Not sure yet"
Guess I better figure something out soon though seeing as Bruiser's heading to my house next.

My parents and sister have met the Nookies so as long as I tell them that Nookie's in charge of the Banana Tour I'm sure they'll go along with it.

Mr lights knows all about Bruiser and he's seen pictures from some of the visits.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-07-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Mr. TigBee already has been involved with a scheme including a finger puppet entitled Mr. Happy. Mr. Happy has travelled throughout the US and the world - to Russia, Ireland, Indonesia, France, Turkey, etc. etc. etc. Mr. TigBee was just disappointed that Mr. Happy never got to meet the 'nana.

He does think that the fact that we summarize Reality TV shows is weirder.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
My family upon hearing that a girl I’ve never met would be arriving with a three-foot banana for me to bring back to Miami:

“Will they be staying for dinner, and if so, will the banana be a guest or a menu item?”

A Kittyloaf®Original
*"I'M so excited to touch the banana that you guys all touched. I'm such a little fangirl." - Coco*

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
LOL! I love reading all your stories

At first, Mr. Nookie thought it was a little strange that I would spend time organizing a Banana Tour, but now thinks it's a hoot. He had no problem carrying Bruiser around when we had him.

My family, on the other hand, have no idea about Bruiser. When I took Bruiser to Chattanooga, and took pics of the Chattanooga Choo Choo Train, DH told me I should send the pics to my Mom cause she'd enjoy seeing the train. However, Bruiser was in all the pics and I couldn't bring myself to try explaining that to her LOL.

I also think my step-sons would think I'm totally insane if they knew about Bruiser.

An IceCat Classic

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-07-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Please tell me it's not too late to throw my name in on the end of the list!!!! After seeing everyone's pics, I'm amazed at what the Naner has taken on. Pretty please?

I love a martini -- but two at the most. Three I’m under the table; Four, I’m under the host.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Hiya Momma! Never to late to join the nana tour. I'll be in touch with you when I work out a schedule for your area. *smooch*

An IceCat Classic

02-07-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Bruiser"
I think it's particularly bad now that our 'nana has a name!

*smooch!*

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Bananagate: how did you tell your family?"
Okay, so I didn't get the chance to mention the banana to DH tonight, because things were so hectic. I had some prime opportunities, though, like when he opened a cup of banana cream pie pudding for little kitten, but that happened at a time when I didn't have enough time to tell him the whole story.

I enjoyed reading your stories. I have a feeling that DH will just grunt and turn the channel, and then when the banana arrives he'll say "WTF is that?"

Incessant whining.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •