The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-28-01, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Scalped by a Squirrel!"
This could also be titled: "A Tale of Two Squirrels" or "A Squirrely Tale" or any number of other cutsey little things.

I was out on my patio early this morning, greeting the new day with the usual hacking followed by a nice smoke, which produced more hacking. I was sort of leaning over the little latched gate looking up and down the yard, wondering where the squirrel was that usually hangs around waiting for me to put peanuts on the railing for him to eat.

I heard a noise and looked up and on the plastic roofing, hanging over looking down at me looking up at him, was Mr. Nutsy. I guess the patio roof must have been a little slick from the early morning fog and dew, because I heard scampering, much like I would imagine a drunk would make on ice skates and by the time it registered in my addled brain what was happening, I had a head full of squirrel.

He had obviously lost his balance and came plunging down and grabbed the first thing he could to break his fall. Unfortunately, that happened to be the top of my head with what little plumage of hair I have on it. Or HAD, I should say.

He wasn't entirely happy with the situation, especially with me screaming bloody murder and jumping up and down and he was flung off into the grass, still firmly clutching a paw full of hair. My hair.

Who among us has not, as children, watched a Cowboy & Indian movie and not wondered how it would feel to be scalped? Well, pardners, belly up here to the bar and let old Sky tell you all about it. It hurt like a Mo'fo!

After partially staunching the blood flow with towels wrapped around my head (which again scared me when I looked in the mirror...) I called the local hospital's ER. They apparently weren't doing much business that early in the morning and took great delight in reading long excerts from a book of horrible things I could possibly get from a squirrel bite, scratch, or scalping.

The phone call went something like this:

Me: "And my head is all bloody and I'm missing a big plug of hair and....."

ER Person: "Sir, could you just calm down please? We're trying to help you, okay? Now, what KIND of squirrel was it?"

Me: "I don't know what kind! Maybe it was a male, maybe it was a female, maybe it was undeclared! How the hell do I know what KIND of squirrel it was? It landed on my head, it wasn't trying to screw me!"

ER Person: "Sir! I meant what KIND was it....Was it a GROUND squirrel, or a TREE squirrel?"

Me: "It was a PATIO squirrel! It was on top of the PATIO!"

ER Person: (Chuckling audibly and whispering to someone....'Hey, pick up the other line, I want you to hear this!') "Sir, there are no PATIO squirrels. The only classifications we have are TREE squirrels and GROUND squirrels. Since it was on TOP of the patio we will assume it was a TREE squirrel, okay? Now, did you retain the body of the animal?"

Me: "RETAIN THE BODY? What BODY? That little fuqer has part of MY body! I didn't do anything to him. Or her. Why, were you gonna call PETA or the Humane Society? I need help, that damned squirrel doesn't!"

ER Person: "Okay, did the squirrel actually BITE you or just SCRATCH you?"

Me: (Very, very slowly and distinctly) "The squirrel was on TOP of my head. I could not see the TOP of my head. I don't know if he (or she) BIT me or SCRATCHED me. I just know I'm missing a big paw full of hair and my head is bleeding."

ER Person: "Sir, all I can suggest then is that you come in so we can take a look at it and try to determine if there are teeth marks, or claw marks, or if just some hair was pulled out. It's really difficult to determine the extent of injury or even type of injury over the phone and especially when the person is crying and screaming loudly."

Me: "Fuq you!" SLAM!

Soooooo........anyone know anything about squirrels?

Oh.....I can't believe it! Even as I type this, looking around my monitor, I can see that damned squirrel outside the window, frolicking on the grass, just as if nothing had happened! BRB....I have to go toss it a few peanuts, otherwise, who knows what it will do to me next?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! ItzLisa 10-28-01 1
 RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! LadyT 10-28-01 2
 RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! SkyRaider 10-28-01 3
   RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! Mon Cherie 10-28-01 4
 Be Afraid... IceCat 10-28-01 5
 RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! VampKira 10-29-01 6
 RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! MakeItStop 10-29-01 7
 RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! ItzLisa 10-29-01 8
 RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! Drive My Car 10-29-01 9
   RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! Thrill Seeker 10-31-01 10
       RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! Drive My Car 11-01-01 11
           RE: Scalped by a Squirrel! Thrill Seeker 11-01-01 12
               Aw Thrill Drive My Car 11-01-01 13
 To Sky flying squirrel 11-01-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-28-01, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Sky hon.... WHAT are you doing here typing this to us??? GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! You'll probably need at the very least a tetanus shot and to have the wound cleaned! Go!!! GOOOO, you wacky guy! And let us know if you're okay!

HI, SILAS!!!

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-01, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
You need to get to a hospital, like NOW! You have no idea what kind of germs that Squirell might be carrying. Get the wound thoroughly cleaned!

Beatrice, get yee to Heaven, heres no place for you maids...and away to Saint Peter's for the Heavens, he shows me where the bachelors sit, and there live we as merry as the day is long -Much Ado About Nothing

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-28-01, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Hey, I thought it was a great funny story you guys would like to hear before I went into shock or whatever.

I stopped by the local body parts store (AKA: ER) and got patched up. Other than a couple of scratches where he'd came unglued so to speak, from my head as I was swinging him around, all he did was take about a square inch and a half plug of skin and hair off the very top. They poured a bunch of stuff on it that almost took off the rest of the hair - and skin - from the feel of it.

I had a tetanus shot last year (which I found out after all this time that I was allergic too when it swelled up as big as a baseball) so I am covered in that area.

I'm wondering though.....I wonder if I could get into Ripley's Believe It Or Not as "The Man Who Was Scalped by a Squirrel and Lived Tell About It?"

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-28-01, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Sky, you need to put a disclaimer on your posts:

WARNING! Reading the following post may cause spontaneous bladder combustion or projectile eruption of any fluids you may be drinking as you read! Make sure your bladder is empty, and put down your drink before you read any further!

Mon Cherie

Before you give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully how much you can spare.
-Anonymous

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-01, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Be Afraid..."
... be very afraid...

The Killer Squirrels of Hanford

September 11, 2001

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-29-01, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Oh, Sky! You poor thing!! Thanks for the morning guffaw! I am so glad you're ok.... Silly man.... LOL!

"Just die, Frank..." - Lindsey, S3

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-29-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
OMG! I'm LMAO, but I am sorry to hear about that big gapping hole in your head. I hope you're feeling better soon.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-29-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Uh oh!!! Big gaping hole in Sky's head means his brains are gonna leak out, LOL!!! Just kiddin', hon, I'm glad you're okay! I emailed you!

HI, SILAS!!!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-01, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Oh Sky!!! you didn't hurt the little guy did you?

>>Me: "I don't know what kind! Maybe it was a male, maybe it was a female, maybe it was undeclared! How the hell do I know what KIND of squirrel it was? It landed on my head, it wasn't trying to screw me!"

OMG this cracked me up!!!!
Poor Sky, poor Squirrel.

OMG Ice is that for real???? Too funny

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-31-01, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
Skyraider, don't do anything more about it.
If that squirrell gives you rabies, it might make you insane.
I would really enjoy reading the posts of an insane guy.

11-01-01, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
>>I would really enjoy reading the posts of an insane guy

And here I thought I was when I read yours. ;)

Thrill Seeker 220 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thrill%20Seeker Click to send private message to Thrill%20Seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Scalped by a Squirrel!"
>>>I would really enjoy reading the posts of an insane guy
>
> And here I thought I was when I read yours. ;)

I'm crazy all right. I'm crazy about EBug.

11-01-01, 11:45 AM (EST)
13. "Aw Thrill"
**Blush**

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "To Sky"
Here you are playing with one of my relatives, and I didn't even know it! First, I wouldn't be worried about rabies, since the squirrel didn't bite you or attack you in any way (except to try to keep from falling itself). Squirrels are naturally curious and will often try every different route possible to get to a feeding place -- so don't think that this one disaster will prevent Mr. Nutsy from gamboling across your roof again.

Squirrels also like risk, sometimes too much (I have seen two squirrels get killed when baiting dogs by getting too close ... and then biting the dog when cornered, which is why the dog killed them both times).

And IceCat's link is right: squirrels are omnivorous and will generally eat anything that they can reach. However, squirrels don't like carrion, so the "bunny" shot IS unusual.

Anyway, Sky, all of us squirrels send our sympathy and hope you're OK.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •