The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final Votes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-02, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final Votes"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-02 AT 03:37 AM (EST)

Well, friends, the time has come to determine the Ultimate Gufus for Survivors 1 and 2. Which dangdumb game moves will join:

Silas' Strategy Proposal (S3 ep4) and
Rotu4 Reveal Boot Order at IC8 (S4 ep8)

as Ultimate Gufus? That depends on how you vote!

In this thread you have nine (count 'em, 9!) votes to cast. After I post this post I will post the contendor posts for the three categories; Production (combining both S1 and S2), Survivor 1 Contestants; Survivor 2 Contestants. You have three votes to cast in each of those categories, specifically a first place vote, a second place vote, a third place vote.

Each contendor has been given a letter designation (since there were ties in some episodes resulting in additional gufu contendors). In your vote reply (you should reply to each of the three contendor posts) in each categpory, make your vote known specifically by stating your choices in order (first place vote/second place vote/third place vote). For example, if in the production category you think A is the biggest gufu, B is the second biggest, D is the third biggest, your reply (in the subject line) should read:

A/B/D

Feel free to make any commentary supporting your votes as you desire.

And thank you all for playing.

edited to add: Voting will remain open for 3 or 4 weeks, take your time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Production Contendors dabo 08-02-02 1
   RE: Production Contendors Femme 08-04-02 6
   RE: Production Contendors Rebel Crown 08-05-02 10
   RE: Production Contendors PagongRatEater 08-05-02 14
   RE: Production Contendors Frau Hexe 08-05-02 15
   RE: Production Contendors FesterFan1 08-06-02 18
   RE: Production Contendors lroy 08-07-02 21
   I/D/F Survivorerist 08-07-02 24
   E/B/A LionChow 08-08-02 25
   E/I/A dabo 08-16-02 30
   G/F/D PackMan 08-16-02 31
   RE: Production Contendors I_AM_HE 08-21-02 38
   B/C/E PepeLePew13 08-21-02 40
   RE: Production Contenders George Tirebiter 08-27-02 44
 Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors dabo 08-02-02 2
   H/I/J Strider 08-04-02 4
   RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contend... Femme 08-04-02 7
   RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contend... Rebel Crown 08-05-02 11
   RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contend... Frau Hexe 08-05-02 16
   RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contend... FesterFan1 08-06-02 19
   RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contend... lroy 08-07-02 22
   H/J/B LionChow 08-08-02 26
   I/H/L Survivorerist 08-16-02 29
   P/H/O PackMan 08-16-02 32
   P/G/J dabo 08-16-02 33
   RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contend... I_AM_HE 08-21-02 39
   H/P/J PepeLePew13 08-21-02 41
   RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contend... George Tirebiter 08-27-02 45
 Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Con... dabo 08-02-02 3
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... Strider 08-04-02 5
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... Femme 08-04-02 8
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... Rebel Crown 08-05-02 12
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... Frau Hexe 08-05-02 17
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... FesterFan1 08-06-02 20
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... lroy 08-07-02 23
   F/D/I LionChow 08-08-02 27
   B/G/M Survivorerist 08-16-02 28
   P/I/G PackMan 08-16-02 34
   H/B/M dabo 08-16-02 35
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... I_AM_HE 08-21-02 37
   P/M/ tie between F and I for 3rd PepeLePew13 08-21-02 42
   RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback)... George Tirebiter 08-27-02 46
 RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final V... SurvivinDawg 08-04-02 9
   RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final V... dabo 08-05-02 13
 RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final V... dabo 08-21-02 36
 RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final V... Ra_8secs 08-23-02 43
 Biggest GUFU on the vote thread? George Tirebiter 08-29-02 47
   RE: Biggest GUFU on the vote thread... Dakota 08-29-02 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-02-02, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Production Contendors"
A. (Survivor 1 episode 8) Two Worst Challenges Ever! First, Jenna couldn't win the RC, then the ropes IC was impossible to follow.

B. (Survivor 1 episode 12) Survivor Bar Thrown Together at Last Minute. Yeah, that reward was an afterthought, originally the reward was just going to be one cold beer.

C. (Survivor 1 episode 12) Showing Episode 1 As Reward Prior to Fallen Comrades Trivia Game.

D. (Survivor 2 episode 5) Maze IC with 5 players against 7 players, talk about putting the fix in.

E. (Survivor 2 episode 6, but not aired) Making Kucha Go To TC After Michael Was Evacuated.

F. (Survivor 2 episode 8) IC8 (Squares Game) Amounted to Luck of the Draw.

G. (Survivor 2 episode 9) Allowing Colby to Bring Back Coral Reef Souvenirs.

H. (Survivor 2 episode 13) Matching Game IC.

I. (Survivor 2 episode 14) Dragging It Out to a 14th Episode.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-04-02, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Production Contendors"
G. (Survivor 2 episode 9) Allowing Colby to Bring Back Coral Reef Souvenirs.
Idoits! What kind of moron would destory a national treasure of your host country? On national TV no less? And then, to have retard producers LEAVE IT IN THE SHOW!

E. (Survivor 2 episode 6, but not aired) Making Kucha Go To TC After Michael Was Evacuated.
Yeah. This is just tacky.

D. (Survivor 2 episode 5) Maze IC with 5 players against 7 players, talk about putting the fix in.
"Hey, lets back up everyone's claim that this game is rigged!" Wow. Lame.

Femme

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-05-02, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Production Contendors"
Great work on the Gufus, dabo! I always looked forward to reading these each week. You've done a wonderful job and kept it interesting all season.

Now, my votes -

1. D-Maze IC
2. E-Kucha TC
3. G-Colby's coral

The maze was the most blatant manipulation by the production staff, in my opinion. I remember thinking "no way will it be 5-on-7" in the maze, but it was. Kucha had no shot at winning.

And, like most everyone else here, I was surprised that Colby didn't get in more trouble by bringing back the coral.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Production Contendors"
E. Screwing the lovable Kucha tribe was a such a crock and it totally changed the entire course of the game.

I. Why did we need to see Tina and Colby walking around and making those stupid totems!

C. Weak reward. What was the point? To market yourself to your own audience?

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-02, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Production Contendors"
1. G. (Survivor 2 episode 9) Allowing Colby to Bring Back Coral Reef Souvenirs.

2. F. (Survivor 2 episode 8) IC8 (Squares Game) Amounted to Luck of the Draw.

3. E. (Survivor 2 episode 6, but not aired) Making Kucha Go To TC After Michael Was Evacuated.

Wow, it was harder than I thought to pick three because so much of what happens in the production of this show could win!

Thanks dabo, for putting these together!

"I know I can't be the only whatever I am in the room." -Ani Difranco

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-02, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Production Contendors"
1) I. (Survivor 2 episode 14) Dragging It Out to a 14th Episode – Worst. Episode. Ever. After watching Colby, Keith, and Tina contemplate their navels, blather on about how they’ve learned so much about themselves, and make their little tributes to the River God--or whatever, I didn’t even care who was going to win. Hey Burnett, never, ever do this again. Really.

2) A. (Survivor 1 episode 8) Two Worst Challenges Ever! First, Jenna couldn't win the RC, then the ropes IC was impossible to follow. – Nice follow through. Ummm, guys, howsabout a follow-up phone call…or seven. And if that doesn’t work go over to her Mom’s house and make the tape yourselves. Way to make your show look like a Mickey-Mouse operation.

3) E. (Survivor 2 episode 6, but not aired) Making Kucha Go To TC After Michael Was Evacuated. – Damn MB, you are one sick individual. Why not have the EMT helicopter fly the tribe to TC while you’re at it.

Fester

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Production Contendors"
B. (Survivor 1 episode 12) Survivor Bar Thrown Together at Last Minute. Yeah, that
reward was an afterthought, originally the reward was just going
to be one cold beer.

This one was so awful, i'm surprised Kelly didn't protest. And then throwing in the first 3 minutes of the first show. Talk about adding insult to injury.

This was fixed beyond belief... EPM didn't want a sweep, so he cheated.

I. (Survivor 2 episode 14) Dragging It Out to a 14th Episode.

Watching Colby and Tina, wow, what fun

But, oh my heck, i'm a girl...

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-07-02, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "I/D/F"
I: Oh my heck! (or should it be Oh My Gawd!?) That 14th episode of S2 was maybe the most boring thing in the entire world!

D: That really was unfair. As much as I was rooting against Kucha to win that challenge, it seemed darned unclassy to penalize a tribe for having more members (i.e. doing better in the game)

F: I'm trying to decide which IC stolen from a child's game was more pathetic. In the end I decided on this one.

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-08-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "E/B/A"
>E. (Survivor 2 episode 6,
>but not aired) Making
>Kucha Go To TC After
>Michael Was Evacuated.

Just seems cold.

>B. (Survivor 1 episode 12)
>Survivor Bar Thrown Together at
>Last Minute. Yeah, that
>reward was an afterthought, originally
>the reward was just going
>to be one cold beer.

The 'bar' and 'patrons' seemed so corny.

>A. (Survivor 1 episode 8)
>Two Worst Challenges Ever!
>First, Jenna couldn't win the
>RC, then the ropes IC
>was impossible to follow.

Jenna, mmm.

08-16-02, 11:41 AM (EST)
30. "E/I/A"
Guess I'm on the vowel strategy on this one.

E. Hopefully, the opportunity to repeat this sick, demented, twisted decision will never arise again.

I. Three players left and two hours to fill, it just wasn't worth trying. Thank goodness they didn't repeat this in Africa or the Marquesas.

A. Awful, just awful. Consider this vote a slap at cutting corners and making it up as you go.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-16-02, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "G/F/D"
1. (Survivor 2 episode 9) Allowing Colby to Bring Back Coral Reef Souvenirs.

It's one thing to trash a beach. It's an entirely different, and irresponsible, thing to contribute to the destruction of a national (and global) treasure.

2. (Survivor 2 episode 8) IC8 (Squares Game) Amounted to Luck of the Draw.

Wouldn't have been quicker to just draw for purple rocks?!

3. (Survivor 2 episode 5) Maze IC with 5 players against 7 players, talk about putting the fix in.

Don't you just love it when Burnit stacks the deck?

These were tough choices, dabo. Thanks for putting this all together.

We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings. - Abraham Maslow

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway before it has stopped snowing. - Anonymous

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-02, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Production Contendors"
D/H/A

(i won't include E, although it was horrible, because they didn't actually make us watch it)

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-02, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "B/C/E"

>B. (Survivor 1 episode 12) Survivor Bar Thrown Together at
>Last Minute.

Easily the winner in my mind. What's up with that?!? You'd think they would have been better organized than that -- and to consider only giving Kelly a glass of beer as the only reward in the first place was pretty insulting. I'm glad they at least whisked Kelly off to some place -- even if it was thrown together at the last minute. The producers completely deserve a big fat Gufu stamped on their foreheads for this.

>C. (Survivor 1 episode 12) Showing Episode 1 As Reward
>Prior to Fallen Comrades Trivia Game.

Talk about stacking the deck in Kelly's favour!

>E. (Survivor 2 episode 6, but not aired) Making
>Kucha Go To TC After Michael Was Evacuated.

Didn't think that was fair.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-27-02, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Production Contenders"
Poor dabo--hoping I'm not the only one here who's having trouble figuring out the directions. . . If I totally screw up your thread, please make adjustments where necessary, because I'm literally running through here and can't take time to orient myself properly.

Of these choices (I pick THREE, right?) I'll have to choose I (incredible waste of time, that extra episode!), then D (lopsided numbers obviously were going to make it like a Three Stooges short) and C (only thing better than giving them the answers would be allowing them to keep a DIARY to use, right?)

Sheesh--two more replies to go, right?

GT

Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. - FZ

08-02-02, 03:15 AM (EST)
2. "Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-02 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

A. (episode 1) Richard Goes Out on a Limb.

B. (episode 2) BB Does His Laundry.

C. (episode 3) Stacey's Prima Donna Attitude.

D. (episode 4) Pagong Sits Out Ramona (IC4).

E. (episode 5) Kelly's Rowing (IC5).

F. (episode 5) Dirk Gets Biblical.

G. (episode 6) Joel's Male Chauvanism.

H. (episode 7) Pagong's Anti-Alliance Voting (non)Strategy.

I. (episode 8) Pagong Allies Against Pagong-Jenna.

J. (episode 9) Sean's Alphabet System.

K. (episode 9) Kelly Breaks Alliance.

L. (episode 10) Rift Between Kelly and Sue.

M. (episode 11) Sean Picks Richard For Breakfast Companion.

N. (episode 12) Rudy Doesn't Listen (I Dunno).

O. (episode 12 and previous) Sean's General Ineptitude.

P. (episode 13) Kelly Changes Vote From Richard to Sue.

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "H/I/J"
Even if Survivor lasts 100 seasons, we'll still be using the word "pagonged" to describe a team being picked off systematically.

First, let's not have a strategy. Then, let's have a strategy where we pagong ourselves.

J. (episode 9) Sean's Alphabet System.
I picked the order of my votes using the alphabet system, you may have noticed.

08-04-02, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-02 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

Yeah, this is just dumb.

Hey, idiot, it's too late. Spend it with someone you really like since he's gonna send you packing anyway. Or, yeah, just show him how desperate you are.

C. (episode 3) Stacey's Prima Donna Attitude.
"Why are you voting me off? What did I do?"

Femme

08-05-02, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-02 AT 01:42 AM (EST)

This was fun, reading again about S1. This is my favorite series.

1. H-Pagong vote
2. J-Alphabet
3. C-Stacey

If only Pagong had grasped the chance to ally, we all would be saying "..and the Tagi-ing will commence", for which, in hindsight, we are all grateful.

08-05-02, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors"
1. G. (episode 6) Joel's Male Chauvanism.
2. B. (episode 2) BB Does His Laundry.
3. J. (episode 9) Sean's Alphabet System.

Again, hard to pick, but looking back at this people--what idiots! Fabulous gufu contenders as far as I'm concerned.

08-06-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors"
1) H. (episode 7) Pagong's Anti-Alliance Voting (non)Strategy. – “Why would the other tribe have an alliance?” Oh, I don’t know, but I suspect it has something to do with that pirate chest full of Ben Franklin portraits, and trying to increase their odds of going home with it. When a new word gets added to the vocabulary based on your ineptness, that’s not such a good thing.

2) P. (episode 13) Kelly Changes Vote From Richard to Sue. – Perhaps Dicque really is a Jedi master…Or perhaps Kelly was really, really stupid.

3) J. (episode 9) Sean's Alphabet System. – I is for imbecile, Sean; you magnificent Mr. Magoo bastard. Nice strategy, really. Interesting that no one since has picked it up. Go figure.

Fester

08-07-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors"
P. (episode 13) Kelly Changes Vote From Richard to Sue.

Had she stuck by her guns, she wouldn't have had to listen to Sue's speech.

Cows lined up for the slaughter.

Hey Sean can you spell dumb, you desperate idiot.

08-08-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "H/J/B"
>H. (episode 7) Pagong's Anti-Alliance Voting (non)Strategy.

Gotta open your eyes and wake up!

>J. (episode 9) Sean's Alphabet System.

A weasel-y way of trying to be 'fair'.

>B. (episode 2) BB Does His Laundry.

As I've said before, the simplist rule for the first few episodes: Don't be a butthead!

08-16-02, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "I/H/L"
The first two, I mean c'mon. This has been said a thousand times, I'll make it 1001. If a blunder gets a term named after you, it's a huge mistake. The rift between Sue and Kelly just happened to hand Richard the game.

=======================

(Courtesy of Strider )

Sir's Mole Record
Was the Mole: 0 times
Nailed the Mole: 2 times

08-16-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "P/H/O"
1. (episode 13) Kelly Changes Vote From Richard to Sue.

Waffler, waffler, waffler! No one likes someone who can't make up their mind.

2. (episode 7) Pagong's Anti-Alliance Voting (non)Strategy.

This would have been my first vote, except it WAS the first season, and I will cut them just a little slack.

3. (episode 12 and previous) Sean's General Ineptitude.

Okay, everybody sing a long... A, B, C, D, E , F, G...

We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings. - Abraham Maslow

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway before it has stopped snowing. - Anonymous

08-16-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
33. "P/G/J"
P. Kelly Changes Vote! Dumb dumb dumb, so dumb that they've now changed the tie-breaker situation to make them openly negotiate at TC.

G. Joel's Male Chauvanism. Even the tribe that wouldn't allign got into alligning against that one.

J. Sean's Alphabet Strategy. Given the circumstances, that all the Pagong names were ahead of all the Tagi names (in first name alphabetical order), it was actually a sensible move on his part, but he overplayed it by talking it to death. Richard, of all people, resorted to begging him to just shut up, and yet he continued repeating his talking points.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

08-21-02, 02:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contendors"
H/H/and um H?

for the record: H/J/E (just cause its always funny and bewildering to see the "experts" get smoked in tailor-made callenges )

08-21-02, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "H/P/J"

>A. (episode 1) Richard Goes Out on a Limb.

I can't give him a Gufu for this because, after all, he did win it all. If he got booted early for this, then yes, he deserves it.

>H. (episode 7) Pagong's Anti-Alliance Voting
>(non)Strategy.

Thanks for giving us a new word in our vocabularies -- Pagonging!

>J. (episode 9) Sean's Alphabet System.

Moronic tactic from a moron.

>P. (episode 13) Kelly Changes Vote
>From Richard to Sue.

I still believe that Kelly could have won it all if she went up against Soozin in the final vote.

08-27-02, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Survivor 1 (Pulau Tiga) Contenders"
Thank you SO much for helping me to relive this series. . .

J - Possibly the biggest moron EVER.
P - I know--Dique and Sue were equally unlikeable, but I'm still disgusted he wasn't given the heave-ho in the first half of the series. Morons abound.
N - Dunno why I picked this one. . . for some reason, Rudy's longevity didn't seem to suffer due to the fact that he was incapable of playing the GAME. Maybe everyone else deserves this GUFU, instead, for underestimating/overlooking him.

GT

Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action. -Goethe

08-02-02, 03:25 AM (EST)
3. "Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
A. (episode 1) Debb's Pushy Abrasiveness.

B. (episode 2) Ogakor's Kel Boot.

C. (episode 3) Jerri Hounds Colby.

D. (episode 4) Kimmi's Militant Vegganism.

E. (episode 5) Cat Fight (Alicia and Kimmi)!

F. (episode 6) Michael Destroys Himself.

G. (episode 7) Varner Takes Peanut Butter Bribe.

H. (episode 7) Kucha Votes Colby.

I. (episode 7) Camp Barramundi in Dry River Bed (in Wet Season no Less!)

J. (episode 8) Elisabeth's Dumb Optimism.

K. (episode 9) Jerri's "Not Fair" Comment.

L. (episode 10) Keith Leaves Backpack Behind.

M. (episode 11) Amber Doesn't Reallign With Kucha.

N. (episode 12) Keith Alienates Colby.

O. (episode 13) Colby and Mama Donaldson at Reward (I'm not going any further with this one but it did result in the infamous conjugal statement).

P. (episode 14) Colby Votes Out Keith.

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-02, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
P. (episode 14) Colby Votes Out Keith.
Sorry Colby, your dislike of a two-bit chef ain't worth $900,000.

Sorry Jeff, your love of peanut butter ain't worth $1,000,000.

H. (episode 7) Kucha Votes Colby.
Now why on earth would Colby have had votes against him?

08-04-02, 09:58 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-02 AT 09:59 PM (EST)

B. (episode 2) Ogakor's Kel Boot.
Yeah, ummm, you might need that strong guy. Maybe next time you ditch the waif-boy, 'k?

M. (episode 11) Amber Doesn't Reallign With Kucha.
Who will save your soul?

I liked you, but you had to know you were going, Previous-Vote Boy.

Femme

08-05-02, 01:38 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
1. M-Amber realigning
2. I-Camp
3. B- Kel

Since Amber's head had recently been up Jerri's ass, I can understand why she wasn't thinking clearly.

I'm sure I don't have to comment on placing a campsite in a dry river bed. Rudy said it best. And Kel? Too many scenarios play out to different endings that this had a big influence on the end.

08-05-02, 08:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
1. I. (episode 7) Camp Barramundi in Dry River Bed (in Wet Season no Less!)
2. O. (episode 13) Colby and Mama Donaldson at Reward (I'm not going any further with this one but it did result in the infamous conjugal statement).
3. K. (episode 9) Jerri's "Not Fair" Comment.

Ah, what an excellent season this was--so many lovely gufus all over the place.

08-06-02, 05:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
1) H. (episode 7) Kucha Votes Colby. – This stroke of genius was the Kirk Gibson homerun of Survivor, and left me echoing the late Jack Buck…”I don’t believe what I just saw!” Colby? COLBY?! Hey, I’ve got an idea, why don’t we pick the most athletic, most popular guy from the tribe we just met. I’ll bet he’s got some votes against him. Idiots.

2) P. (episode 14) Colby Votes Out Keith. - He really didn't want that extra $900,000 and the tax implications. I'm sure of it, because that's the only explanation as to why he would do something so completely asinine. "Yeah, Tina won!" Give it a rest cowboy...

3) F. (episode 6) Michael Destroys Himself. - Man, I’ll bet the ink wasn’t even dry on Tina’s deal with the devil before Mikey’s face-plant. Haven't seen tragicomedy like that since that Eric Idle character in "National Lampoon's European Vaction".

Fester

08-07-02, 12:31 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
F. (episode 6) Michael Destroys Himself.

Hadn't you ever gone camping! You don't stand that close to a smoking fire in the wind you dumb a$$.

Was the Peanut Butter really worth a million bucks, i don't think so.

O. (episode 13) Colby and Mama Donaldson at Reward (I'm not going any further with this one but it did result in the infamous conjugal statement).

one word, YUCK

08-08-02, 11:42 AM (EST)
27. "F/D/I"
>F. (episode 6) Michael Destroys Himself.

Yeah, it was an accident, but a devastating one that totally changed the whole game.

>D. (episode 4) Kimmi's Militant Vegganism.

Way to make yourself a target!

>I. (episode 7) Camp Barramundi in Dry River Bed (in Wet Season no Less!)

Boneheads!

08-16-02, 07:12 AM (EST)
28. "B/G/M"
Really tough choices here. The first two, major tactical mistakes. The last one was more a group thing so not so huge IMO.

=======================

(Courtesy of Strider )

Sir's Mole Record
Was the Mole: 0 times
Nailed the Mole: 2 times

08-16-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
34. "P/I/G"
1. (episode 14) Colby Votes Out Keith.

At least he has that acting thing to fall back on.

2. (episode 7) Camp Barramundi in Dry River Bed (in Wet Season no Less!)

Now explain this to me one more time. What, exactly, were you thinking?

3. (episode 7) Varner Takes Peanut Butter Bribe.

How much peanut butter could you buy for a million dollars?

08-16-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
35. "H/B/M"
H. Kucha Votes Colby! Granted, they didn't have the advantage of a mouthy Kimmi letting them know who to vote off, but going after the MVP of the other tribe at the merge just begs the big HUH?

B. Ogakor's Kel Boot. Voting out a valuable player for being socially inept, early in the game, is just a deadly dumb move, and Ogakor never actually recovered from that move (they got lucky that Kucha suffered an even more critical set-back).

M. Amber Doesn't Reallign With Kucha. Granted, she still probably wouldn't have gone on to win the game, but it was really her only chance to stay in the game after Jerri was booted. She even thought about doing it but, in a display of confounding logic beyond belief, decided against it because it would get her votes from the people who were going to vote her off anyway.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

08-21-02, 02:23 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contendors"
M/I/G ()

08-21-02, 12:46 PM (EST)
42. "P/M/ tie between F and I for 3rd"

>F. (episode 6) Michael Destroys Himself.

It doesn't take a lot to stay out of a fire, does it? Whoosh, a swan dive.

>I. (episode 7) Camp Barramundi in Dry River Bed (in Wet
>Season no Less!)

That was dumb.

>M. (episode 11) Amber Doesn't Reallign With Kucha.

She's so dumb, she still wouldn't have gotten it if there was a big sign with flashing strobe lights saying "go with Kucha and save your ass."

>P. (episode 14) Colby Votes Out Keith.

IMHO, the single dumbest move of the 4 Survivors to date. A $900,000 mistake.

08-27-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Survivor 2 (Australian Outback) Contenders"
D - Survivor was, at this point, OBVIOUSLY not a place for high-falutin' principles; pretty safe to say, if you're not prepared to eat the grossest of critters, you shouldn't even bother showing up.

K - Wonder if Jerri ever learned to spell "hypocrite."

O - Perhaps the single most unsavory moment in any Survivor. A Freudian slip that will live in infamy.

Gee, dabs--I wouldn't have bothered with this for anyone else, but at this point I'm glad I did! I'm just a sucker for nostalgia, I guess. Thanks for putting so much work into these GUFU threads!

GT

You can't eat your friends and have them too.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-02, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final Votes"
To me, there is just one possible GUFU for Survivor II: Jeff Varner jumping off the pole for the want of peanut butter.

But I would also suggest, as honorable mention: that Amber, Liz and Rodger didn't ally to oust the C/T/K trio.

I don't think Colby's action in waxing Keith and keeping Tina was bad (and it WAS a close 4-3 vote).

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

08-05-02, 09:10 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final Votes"
Duly noted, S-Dawg; to me it seems you have cast a first place vote for G and a second place vote for M (qualified to include Rodger and LisLis) in S2. If this isn't the case, correct me. If it is the case, you still have a third place vote which you may cast (or not, it's entirely up to you). Should M win, place or show, I will make note of your inclusion of the Kucha Two in the presentation ceremony.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

08-21-02, 00:41 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final Votes"

Just bumping this to let those who haven't yet gotten their votes in know that there is still a little bit of time left to do that. Once the votes are counted the results will be final.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-02, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Gufu Awards (S1 and S2) Final Votes"
somewhere in geo/helio eccentric orbit, Ra

08-29-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
47. "Biggest GUFU on the vote thread?"
I guess that would go to myself and everyone else who failed to read the instructions:

<For example, if in the production category you think A is the
<biggest gufu, B is the second biggest, D is the third biggest,
<your reply (in the subject line) should read:

<A/B/D

At least I seem to be in good company. . . Apologies, coonhead, for goobering up your lovely thread this way--I'm sure you have more important things to do than load the whole friggin' thread to tally the votes (but hey, at least it's not one of those monstrous things that's simply impossible to deal with.)

GT

The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Biggest GUFU on the vote thread?"
1. Dangdumb Sue's Speech to Kelly
2. Dangdumb Pagong: If they vote another one of us out, then we'll know for sure there's an alliance.
3. Dangdumb Jeri losing the blindfold challenge - or was it Amber that lost it?
4. Dangdumb production - (4a) pole standing challenges, (4b) seeing who is best at not barfing over live bugs, spurting blood, or cow brains.
5. Dangdumb dummies voting out Hunter and Kel much too early.
6. Dangdumb BB washing clothes in the pot.
7. Dangdumb Linda and her goddess babbling.
8. Dangdumb press treating Deb like a child molester.
9. Dangdumb throat slitting gut guy telling Theresa how much he trusted her (what was his name?)
10. AND THE DANGDUMBEST MOVE OF ALL: S4 Alpha Sean complaining, tanking challenges (didn't want to get the oar wet), complaining, complaining, complaining.

One more vote that I'm allowed, but that's because I live in Chicago so I'm used to it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •