The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ZERO TOLERANCE"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-01, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ZERO TOLERANCE"
I've had enough -- if you want to act like bickering children, then you'll be treated like children.

Effective immediately I've adopted a zero tolerance policy on personal attack flamefests.

That means IF IN MY JUDGEMENT (ie, I don't give a rat's ass -- sorry RatChef -- what excuses you try and come up with after the fact) the content of your post was a personal, hate filled attack on another poster then you're gone. That's it.

...post any posts that you intended to be sarcastic personal attack jokes at your own risk. Although I believe that I can pretty effectively tell the jokes from the flames, if in my opinion the post was a geniune personal attack -- despite what you claim to have intended -- then you're banned.

Not only are we in the middle of a national tragedy, but we're at the start of the Fall television season and I'll not have this site destroyed by a few posters. New visitors come to visit the Love Cruise site right now and what's the first thing they see -- a big flaming flamefest...

Consider yourself all warned. There will be no second warning.

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE VampKira 09-12-01 1
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE PepeLePew13 09-12-01 2
   RE: ZERO TOLERANCE VampKira 09-12-01 3
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE Dalton 09-13-01 4
 Aye Aye, chief Outfrontgirl 09-13-01 5
   RE: Roger That, Webby! Dakota 09-13-01 6
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE Lolly 09-13-01 7
   RE: ZERO TOLERANCE dabo 09-13-01 8
   Welcome Lolly Outfrontgirl 09-13-01 9
 Likely Offenders dabo 09-13-01 10
 Thank You, Webby... IceCat 09-13-01 11
 Agreed AyatollahKhomeini 09-13-01 12
   RE: Agreed MakeItStop 09-13-01 13
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE LadyT 09-13-01 14
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE ItzLisa 09-13-01 15
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE Survivorerist 09-13-01 16
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE Dalton 09-22-01 17
   And she spits her coffee all over h... Outfrontgirl 09-22-01 18
   How could you do it Dalton? Monkeyboy 09-22-01 19
   RE: ZERO TOLERANCE Ronnet 09-22-01 20
 RE: ZERO TOLERANCE LadyT 09-22-01 21
   RE: ZERO TOLERANCE ItzLisa 09-22-01 22
   RE: ZERO TOLERANCE dangerkitty 09-22-01 23
       RE: ZERO TOLERANCE LadyT 09-22-01 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-12-01, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-01 AT 11:31 PM (EST)

*hugs Webby*

"Come to me. Come to me because only I, and my like, can end the lonliness you feel." - The Vampire Lestat

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-01, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
Thanks Webby.

I'd also like everyone to consider a Day of Silence on the boards to take time out to spend time with family and friends IRL and to make sense of their emotions as we all try to deal with the raw emotions of the past day and half.

I will be taking a day off from the boards because I feel that things are getting out of control emotionally with many people and while we've had the past day and half to vent feelings, now is the time to spend with loved ones and re-evaluate everything in our lives and take stock at what's important (as opposed to this stupid bickering).

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-01, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
OK.. I HAD to post again....

I apologize to ALL of you for not understanding what was happening here when I posted my first *HUG* to Webby...

As you all know.. I was in Manhattan when IT happened, and I have been trying to get back to SOME type of normality.. and I have not been reading any of the other boards since I have returned... So to read the locked thresd after I posted above.. I honestly can say, I am WAY confused.. apparently.. I missed alot in the short time I was away, and I know we are all emotional.. but I cannot comment on the flaming.. obviously.. because the posts were removed or edited before I saw them..

So again.. I am confused. I know we are all at the height of emotion.. but now is the time to pull together.. I know I have not said anything that you all haven't thought or said yourselves.. and Webby put it so well in his post. But I wanted to weigh in somewhat.. and to remind you all again... it's all about the love... *hugs*

Vampy

"Come to me. Come to me because only I, and my like, can end the lonliness you feel." - The Vampire Lestat

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-13-01, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
Thank you Webby.

I can't wait for S3 to start so we will have some "real" targets for our sarcastic brands of wit and humor. And Love Cruise...well those hunks and hunkettes are fine targets for jokes and good teasing.

I've even promised Sleeves & IceCat I would read and try to take seriously all their fine spoiling stuff.

We came here to enjoy the community and discuss these "reality teevee shows". I, for one, will be overjoyed to get back to dissing the show and the evil Burn-it!! That is why I came here and that is why I will stay.

Dalton

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Aye Aye, chief"
Sounds good to me. I trust your judment, Webby.

I'm with Dalton on looking forward to the new season.
As for the day of silence, I hope everyone spends their time with the people they love. Personally, my husband doesn't like to talk about such things much and I've really lost my love for talking on the phone...so I logged on to the board.

I would like to say that this board did me a lot of good yesterday and also I was concerned for people here just as much as friends and acquaintances I've met in non-electronic ways.
So whatever you have to share, I would like to listen. And if I don't reply to everyone, it's not because I don't care but because I'm very busy with a new job.

No further comment on the flame. It's over. But--as to the damage to the LC forum image--I was very serious when I apologized to Shakes for contributing to taking his thresd off subject (I am not using the H word for threads any more because it's no longer jest material). On the light side, Shakes had the grace and humor to comment on the high number of posts.

I hereby pledge to Shakes I will help raise the LC-related post count (in a good way) as soon as I've seen the first episode. I can't vote or spoil from vidcaps alone (without sound) and for some reason I have yet to see a preview. Probably has something to do with not watching Fox lately except for the news... But that's soon to change... anyway, I will be on board so to speak.
*waves at Dalton*
*Hugs to all*

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-01, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Roger That, Webby!"
I agree. This is a funny, intelligent and friendly place to come at 1:23 a.m. Don't let anyone spoil that.

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-01, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolly Click to send private message to Lolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
psssst . . . Mr. Webby (soft whisper)

. . . hey, um, just wanted to say . . . ummm

Well, h@ll, I'll just spit it out. The people on these boards are extraordinary. And a first time reader cannot help but note that there is a rare atmosphere of genuine affection permeating this cyber-space community. And believe it or not, the depth of your regard for each other is particularly poignant in moments of strife.

Just wanted you to know. Can't help loving your babies.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-01, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
Big welcome, Lolly! And thank you for the kind words about the Blows Community.

Webby, not to pick nits, and certainly the regulars will get the message, but ... on second thought, never mind, posting this only on OT will get the message to all of those most likely to take off on something, those who don't stray from their prefered forums generally don't get sucked into the politics anyway.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

09-13-01, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Welcome Lolly"
Hi Lolly,
Your first post is amazing and eloquent. I hope you will stay so we can get to know you better.
(Whispers) thanks for putting in a good word for us kids...
this kid appreciates that sooo much...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-01, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Likely Offenders"
Thank you, Webby, for putting a moratorium on pointless fights and taunts and whatever. We all have been traumatized by the tragic events on Tuesday, let us all keep that in mind. We are all fragile at this time, we need to be supportive and understanding of one another.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-01, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Thank You, Webby..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-01 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

The policy is an even-handed, timely, and effective solution.

I have a feeling that the coming days will see this community become an even more valued enclave for people to either discuss the developing events of the day or to seek a light-hearted diversion from them.

"There is madness enough for a thousand lifetimes
abroad in the world this day...

Let none of us add one ounce more."

September 11, 2001

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-13-01, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Agreed"
I thought I'd check in briefly today to see how everyone was doing; since then, I've read exactly two threads: this one and the locked one. I think Webby is taking exactly the right approach to the situation, and I completely agree with both of his posts on the locked thread as well.

LadyT and OFG, I'm sorry you were subjected to what I saw on the board (and I didn't even read the deleted post). I feel responsible for letting this situation get so out-of-hand that some members of this community felt free to respond in the manner that they did.

I hope that this is the last time that people need to be reminded how to behave. Banning has always been a last resort, but it's completely appropriate under the circumstance.

Back to tax law....

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-13-01, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Agreed"
Pssst Aya... you know it's not your fault. Try not to feel responsible. Let's ALL forget the past. I, for one, am looking forward!

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-01, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
Thank you Webby. I completely agree with you.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
Thank you again, Webby and Aya, for taking care of us when we sometimes don't do such a hot job of doing it ourselves ()! Not sure what took place, don't care and won't take sides. And particularly after Tuesday, we all have much bigger things to deal with without the additional stress of getting in each other's faces over little stuff. After what happened, don'tcha see that the little petty squabbles don't matter, and that they never did? Only that we love each other and respect each other! However, I will admit that it makes me feel better that Webby has adopted this new policy - I wish it hadn't come to this, but at least this is a solution from the Big Kahuna himself (Psst...that's you, Webby!)!

Also, welcome Lolly!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-01, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
Thank you webbie. Not just for your adoption of the policy (which I'm sure is in our best interest) but for all you've done since I arrived. <hugs webbie>

"Aren't instruments fun?"
-Alyson Hannigan, American Pie 2

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-22-01, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
I had a strange dream last night....

A cute little guy in a RED SKI PARKA outfit appeared.

He said: "Dalton, BUMP dude!"

I growled: "Dude, you better not be 'bumpin' ME!"

He amended: "No, BUMP Webby!!"

I asked in a panic: "You want me to Bump Webby??"

He giggled with glee: "Bump Webby's Zero Tolerace thread!!"

I sighed but added: "OK Dude, but you understand the Zero Tolerance applies to to YOU too!!"

He responded: "Wow, KEWL!"

Then he disappeared down a slippery slope and was gone.

Dalton

09-22-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
18. "And she spits her coffee all over her keyboard..."
OMG <click>

I take a quick look at the posts while I sip my morning coffee (yeah I know it seems late, but it's the weekend on the Left coast and civilized people are still emerging from the morning fog)--and I find that Dalton's channelling Skier!!!

This is what comes of letting them hang out together on Monkeyboy Island...

>>>Then he disappeared down a slippery slope

Bu-wha-ha-ha! That's one of the best examples of turning a metaphor into a literal image I've seen in some time!

BTW, thanks ever so much Dalton--it was only two days ago I got inspired to clean my keyboard. Now I'll be cleaning coffee from between the keys for awhile...

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-22-01, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "How could you do it Dalton?"
I drop in on a sunny fall day and what do I find?
Dalton is BUMPING Webby...that's what!
How could you do it to me Dalton???
I thought you only wanted to BUMP me?

I need to take some time to grieve over this aDALTery!

*DERK doesn't think this is KEWL at all!*

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-22-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
"Wow, KEWL!" Thank you Dalton for bumping this thresd!!

<Encourages Mr. Webby to post the "Zero Tolerace" on the front door>

09-22-01, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
Great minds think alike, I must say. I was thinking about this thread last night. However, I didn't fream about it, nor did I channel anyone. I did have a talk with Miss Cleo about it though.
GOD BLESS AMERICA

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-22-01, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
>I did have a talk with Miss Cleo about it though.

*** ....and she told Lady T, "G'on an' bump de tred, daahlin'!"

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-22-01, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"

> However, I didn't fream
>about it

Really, T...overshare.

dangerkitty

09-22-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
24. "RE: ZERO TOLERANCE"
LMAO DK!
Like Dalton is channeling Skierdude, I am channeling BA with his typo abilities
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •