URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 136
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jack lives!"

Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-18-05 at 11:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-05 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

Actor Matthew Fox gave an interview to The Advocate, a magazine marketed to gay men, that indicates that his character, Jack, does not die this season. Nor does Sawyer, or Kate.

The Advocate / pg 26 / March 29, 2005

Matthew Fox

"That's awesome!" says Matthew Fox, laughing, when he's informed that gay audiences love him. That adoration began during Fox's stint as the protective older brother on the family drama Party of Five, but it's been deepened by the Wyoming born actor's current role as Jack, the doctor turned reluctant leader to his fellow crash survivors on ABC's hit series Lost. Read more of Fox's answers on Advocate.com.

--Richard Andreoli

We can't stand the tension any longer! Are you the main character who dies this season?
No. I'm not dying, but somebody is, and we've already shot that. It was really difficult, obviously, with Jack being the doctor and the moral compass on the show, and it triggers a really strong division amongst the group. It was also really difficult personally for the cast and everybody involved.

Now that that's covered, rumor has it you're the big nude guy on set. Is that true?
Yeah, but not on set. I've been known to take my clothes off and go skinny-dipping at 2 o'clock in the morning after some cocktails, which I think in Hawaii is everybody's right.

Speaking of taking your clothes off, when are Jack and Kate going to finally get some action?
They've definitely got the hots for each other on a really deep level, but they've also got a lot of *beep* in between them, so the show will really take its time. I think that's good, because it's such an intense world that we're creating, so finding the right moment for people to get physical is going to take time.

So what about Jack and Sawyer?
They're probably going to be at each other's throats for a long time, although I do think that they will become better friends, through the circumstances they're dealing with, as time goes on.

I mean, will Jack and Sawyer hook up?
(Laughs) No, I don't think that'll be happening.

Edited to add the hyperlink to the page.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jack lives!"
Posted by KLicK on 03-19-05 at 08:07 PM
Whew!

"Label spoilers please"
Posted by Bebo on 03-20-05 at 10:16 AM
This really should have been put in the current speculation thread, so that those folks who are trying to avoid information on the big death can.

Folks, please remember the guidelines on posting spoilers in non-spoiler forums:

XI. KEEP "SPOILERS" IN THE SPOILERS FORUMS... OR OTHERWISE CLEARLY MARKED

Much of the discussion in this community revolves around "spoilers" -- known upcoming events in one of the TV shows that the discussion forums follow. However, some of the members of the RealityTVWorld.com community prefer to enjoy these shows without knowing about the upcoming events until they are broadcast. Therefore, for certain shows, we have created a special forum dedicated to spoilers (such as the "Survivor Spoilers Forum"). For those shows with a spoilers forum, please limit discussion of spoilers to that forum and do not post spoilers, or links to spoilers, in other forums. For those shows without a dedicated spoilers forum, we ask that you clearly indicate in the subject line of your post that the topic contains spoiler information and ensure that no spoiler content is revealed within the first 200 characters of your message body (since this text may also appear on the forum's topic listing page.)

"mea culpa"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-22-05 at 02:25 AM
Maybe we need a SOTS

"RE: mea culpa"
Posted by Devious Weasel on 03-22-05 at 09:53 AM
I thought Joisey was talking Will and Grace...

Posted by PhoenixMons on 03-20-05 at 10:52 AM
So what about Jack and Sawyer?
They're probably going to be at each other's throats for a long time, although I do think that they will become better friends, through the circumstances they're dealing with, as time goes on.

Does this also mean that Sawyer will stick around? Sure seems like it. 'A long time' and 'As time goes on' sure suggests a lengthier time line than the next few episodes, methinks.

I might actually have to start consider a Boone death (I still don't buy it and think it's totally predictable, but what do I know?) with only Locke, Sayid, and Boone as real candidates at this point (if you believe everything Fox says above).

Got blog?

Posted by shakes the clown on 03-21-05 at 03:29 PM
>I might actually have to start
>consider a Boone death (I
>still don't buy it and
>think it's totally predictable, but
>what do I know?) with
>only Locke, Sayid, and Boone
>as real candidates at this
>point

..I've been saying from day one that the ONLY candidates are Boone and Sayid. Boone because he is the character that we can most afford to lose and Sayid because of Barbara Hershey.

No way they kill of Locke...he is easily the most important character on the show, besides Jack.

Posted by volsfan on 03-22-05 at 08:09 AM
I understand the importance of Jack because he is the doctor but I think Locke is more important to the story of the island. He is the only person that seems to understand what is going on!

Posted by FunTimeLost One on 03-22-05 at 11:23 AM
Vols, my wife has the same thought. Especially after Locke said he knows the islands secrets in his flashback episode. I think he knows everyone else's secrets, and instead of using them against them he is trying to help them solve them. Losing Locke would be huge. My guess would be Boone, or whatever character they have D Roebuck play.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

And please, call me Funt

Posted by HistoryDetective on 03-23-05 at 11:55 AM
"I mean, will Jack and Sawyer hook up?
(Laughs) No, I don't think that'll be happening."

Too bad.

a sig by syren