The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences So You Think You Can Dance Forum (Protected)
Original message

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-14-07, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
OMGAAAAAAAAWWWWWWDDDD! What an amazing start to what will be an even better season than last year!!! This is where everyone gets the chance to rank your couples (with or without commentary). Show your love people!! Below is the order and dance routine that everyone did.

Jaime/Hok - HipHop
Anya/Danny - Jive
Lacey/Kameron - Contemporary
Sabra/Dominic - Disco
Ashlee/Ricky - Argentine Tango
Sara/Jesus - Pop Jazz
Jessi/Pasha - Smooth Waltz
Faina/Cedric - HipHop
Lauren/Neil - Salsa
Shauna/Jimmy - Broadway

Rockin’ the dance moves thanks to Tribey

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances Magnolia_Rocker 06-14-07 1
   RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances Tahj 06-14-07 10
 My rankings djandy 06-14-07 2
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances emydi 06-14-07 3
   RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances Magnolia_Rocker 06-14-07 4
       RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances emydi 06-14-07 8
   RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances Asrai 06-14-07 5
       RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances emydi 06-14-07 9
   RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances MKitty 06-14-07 13
       RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances Sagebrush Dan 06-14-07 14
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances fullofgrace2470 06-14-07 6
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances Sagebrush Dan 06-14-07 7
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances CTgirl 06-14-07 11
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances jbug 06-14-07 12
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances StarryLuna 06-14-07 15
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances riverrocker 06-14-07 16
 RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances SilverStar 06-18-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-14-07, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
My ranks for the evening.

1 - Lacey/Kameron - OMHeck. Love, love, loved this routine even though I thought it was a little freaky. The way she threw herself at Kam and the ease he showed in catching her every.single.time just blew me away.

2 - Jessi/Pasha - Beautiful routine, beautiful lines, beautiful flow, it was just beautiful! Effortless they made it seem. I got teary eyed.

3 - Anya/Danny - I love watching the Jive and these two did not let me down! Such enthusiasm, such spunk and they seemed to really gel well with one another. Even though I went in not wanting to like Danny I think he did an excellent job on this routine.

4 - Jaime/Hok - I knew Hok would hit a homerun on this one so I didn't pay as much attention to him as I did Jaime. To be a contemp girl I think she did a fabulous job on this(much better than Faina). She started off with a tough pick for her style and ran with it. Way to go!!!

5 - Sara/Jesus - I really like these two as a couple. I liked the theme of this routine and thought these two did a great job portraying the characters of the dance. The choreography was fantastic! Chances are these two would have placed 1st for me last year but the competition is just too stiff this year. (heh heh, I said stiff)

6 - Faina/Cedric - He did great of course, this is his thing. Faina OTOH lacked during parts. She was too smooth going from form to form, she didn't "pop" enough. Being so totally out of her element isn't excuse enough because Jaime did it and did it much better.

7 - Lauren/Neil - It irritated me that they didn't say anything negative to Lauren, just to Neil. IMO they both should have been shot down a bit for that routine. Lauren seemed behind the beat a lot through that routine. She also didn't seem confident going into the tricks, hesitating at times. Yes, Neil needed more sexy in it just like the judges said but Lauren didn't hit it out of the park either.

8 - Shauna/Jimmy - I thought this was a some-what fun routine. Seemed too easy though and too spastic to really be able to judge it. A feel good routine I would call it. Eh, again I wasn't impressed due to the choreography which is unfortunate for the dancers.

9 - Sabra/Dominic - I did not like this. Something was missing and I'm not sure what it was. Also, I thought the choreography was horrible (and I usually like the disco numbers). Energy was missing maybe? Not enough umphhh IMO.

10 - Ashlee/Ricky - Ummmm, me no likey. That height difference really threw me off from the very first of this routine. Couldn't they have gotten that boy some platforms?? No chemistry, no fire, it was just bleh. Ashlee looked great in that dress though.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-14-07, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
I agree with your list and comments Magnolia. You made it easy for me!

I feel bad for Ashlee and Ricky. That pairing just doesn't work and I wonder who put them together. Did they draw names?

There is something odd about Ricky at times. It's not just that he's geeky. He is a little creepy sometimes.

Tribe rocked my sig!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-14-07, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "My rankings"
1.) Lacey/Kameron - Incredible!
2.) Anya/Danny - She was very good in her element. Now let's see how well she does with other dances.
3.) Jessi/Pasha - So smooooooooth.
4.) Sara/Jesus - Very original, and I was impressed with the B-Girl's versatility.
5.) Jamie/Hok - It was dumbed down for Hok so that Jamie could keep up.
6.) Shauna/Jimmy - High energy. Unfair for Nigel to criticize Shauna's wardrobe as she was probably assigned it. No worse than Donyelle's Broadway dress last year, and she didn't get criticized for it.
7.) Sabra/Dominic - I thought Dominic did a good job for never partnering before, and Sabra looked like she was having fun.
8.) Lauren/Neil - He did look like a cheerleader/gymnast out there.
9.) Faina/Cedric - Cedric was great, Faina was not. Will probably reverse next week when Cedric gets away from Hip Hop.
10.) Ashlee/Ricky - Why did they match these two up when she's much taller than him? I blame the producers for this match-up. Hopefully one in this partnership will go and there will be a shuffle with a better result.

djandy

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-14-07, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
OMH THAT WAS AWESOME...best season so far!!

Smidge is right...why can't AI be this good....

Here's my rankings

1. Jesus/Sara

OMG I love Wade Robson ..he is the zombie choreo dude too....this was tremendous so original and Jesus and Sara are my OMH I so surprised...I was worried about this couple but not anymore. I voted for them the most (about 2/3 to my 1/3 voting for my other)

2. Lacey/Kameron

WOW JUST WOW!! Lacey was smart and took some cont/jazz lessons...Benji could never shine like this...I still won't vote for her (for now) tho...she has enough fans

It was funny when I saw Lacey all over Kameron...I imagined SilverRedStar screaming at her tv...GET OFF MY BOYFRIEND!!
(like Jackie did to the girl kissing Kelso in That 70s show)

3. Pasha/Jessi

Jessi looked so beautiful and Pasha did everything perfect!!

My 4 through 6 were very close but here's how they finally fell

4. Hok/Jaimie

I loved this routing and Jaimie did really well out of her comfort zone. I love Hok so my other 1/3 votes went to them!!

5. Danny/Anya

It wasn't all that for me like Mary but it was good and Danny listened to the judges (and probably his brother) and toned down the arrogance...Where was Travis anyway...everyone else was there...oh yeah...he's working bc he's the best dancer from last year

and you know what...the SONG WAS HORRIBLE I HATE AVRIL HATE HER and this is her WORST.SONG.EVER!! I couldn't get past it...
6. Neil/Lauren

I didn't like her as much as the judges (or everyone else) did...but they are def. the cutest couple and have the Ivan/Allison feel that will get them VERY FAR in this comp. The judges were right about Neil doing it like a cheerleader.

7. Dominic/Sabra

It was okay...dan was right. But Nigel was right about D looking like John L in Summer of Sam!!! He did really well for partnering for first time...she is forgettable for me

The last 3 are pretty close too

8. Jimmy/Shauna

I liked him so much more than her...Nigel was right on her costume...it should have been sexier...and she was just ok..he is very good but he will get lost in this bunch

9. Cedric/Faina

Poor Faina...she really did not do well...Cedric is really good but I think he will be the victim of Mia's wrath and he'll probably go instead of Ricky

10. Ricky/Ashlee

They really did not pick the couple right here...maybe Faina and Ashlee should have switched bc Cedric is taller... And qwerty...I'm so sorry for you...it wasn't good and I know you want them to be in A Tango...De Silva tho is so hot...I just love him

This will be the BEST.SEASON.EVER

06-14-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
Ummm, Travis was sitting right next to Benji dear. When the camera zoomed into Mia you could see Benji over her right shoulder and Travis over her left. He had his mowhawk flattened so maybe that threw you off?

06-14-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
I saw that in the east coast thread...I have to go see again...Travis and Dmitry are not allowed to change hair like that..I can't recognize them....but Travi wasn't focused on when Danny danced like Benji and mom and dad....UGH...

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
I agree with your rankings, emy! I may have different reasonings, but still the same order.

I need to be better prepared before the show so I can make sure I get my thoughts down. I was scrambling for something to write on, then I got confused at my own writing when it came time to order them. *sigh*

06-14-07, 10:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
I can never read my writing!! I wrote something and not even 2 mins later I did not know what it was...

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-14-07, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
I too totally agree with your ranking other than the fact I have a hard time distinguishing between the Lacey/Kameron and Jesus/Sara numbers as I really loved them both...so they really could be interchangeable for me..but everything else I totally agree with.

I said the exact same thing as Nigel about the "Dorothy" costume for Shauna...he was kicking it and she was okay.

Still, however, blown away the most by Lacey/Kameron and Jesus and Sara...WOW!!

*furrified by Agman*

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
I just rewatched the Shauna number. Nigel was right. The costume did her in cuz she was incredible in that routine. She was every bit as good as her partner, but the dress dampened her quite a bit.

Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
—Mark Twain

fullofgrace2470 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-14-07, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fullofgrace2470 Click to send private message to fullofgrace2470 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
1. Sara/Jesus-that was awesome and totally unexpected!!!!
2. Lacey/Kameron-ditto
3. Jaimie/Hok-because I'm Jaimie in the Be The Dancer lol, and I love Hok
4. Jessi/Pasha-very elegant
5. Lauren/Neil-the best of the rest
6. Shauna/Jimmy-I liked Jimmy, not so much Shauna-the judges were right, he definitely outperformed her
7. Anya/Danny-I'm not thrilled with this couple
8. Sabra/Dominic-I just could't get past Dominick's pants.
9. Ashlee/Ricky-Not good
10. Faina/Cedric-I hope they both go home. I don't care for either one of them.

Sagebrush Dan 9824 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-07 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

1. Lacey/Kameron

This is here cuz Lacey was so unbelievable. I rewatched her routine several times and wow, just wow. I was defensive of Kameron at first, but when I rewatched it, I agreed with the judges. Even though he was spot on in his catches, but it sort of had the feel of him doing his own thing when they were apart.
I think Lacey got all the sexuality of the Schwimmer's. I can't imagine Benji doing this with any credibility — or Heidi for that matter (OTOH, I have this feeling that she would have fared better with this bunch than Benji).

2. Jesus/Sara

This is barely number two. Great stuff. Wildly original, wonderful moves, just another knockout performance. Another surprise.

3. Pasha/Jessi

Pasha was so über-masculine in this. He lost his boyishness and showed a maturity and strength that the other men lacked. Very good. For Jessi to come from hip-hop to this was also amazing.

4. Danny/Anya

After Danny was so thrashed in the initial judging, I was plesantly surprised at this. Anya sold it and did wonderfully as expected. Danny was obviously out of his league with her, but he had some unique moves of his own that I enjoyed.

5. Jimmy/Shauna

Quite entertaining, but something was off about Shauna. I'm a Broadway style freak, so I enjoyed them. Thought they were talented at what they did.

5. Hok/Jaimie

As good as Hok was, this was sort of a meh for me. Maybe because I was expecting more out of Hok. It was good, but it didn't grab me like 1-4 did. Maybe it'll fare better on the replay, but I simply wasn't wil about that.

6. Neil/Lauren

I thought they would be better than they were. As good-looking as Neil is, he just did not project well in his dance, no matter how he would have done it. Sexing it up wouldn't have helped him.

7. Dominic/Sabra

Disco has yet to evolve into an art form. That said, these two could have done more with it and didn't.

9. Cedric/Faina

I like Faina a lot, but she was still "white girl doing hip-hop" for me. Even so, her moves were very very good. They are only here cuz they didn't sell it for me.

10. Ricky/Ashlee

This was sad sad sad. Wrong pairing completely. Was Ricky the tallest guy there, though? I felt sorry for both, in one respect, and yet like the judges said last night, the other dancers still stepped it up a notch and did very well outside of their comfort zone. These two did not.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
This was an entertaining night - and most of them were out of their comfort zone and dancing with people they'd never seen before. I can only imagine the heights we'll see as they all improve!!

1. Lacey/Kameron - This was just amazing. They were sizzling together and Mia did a great job with the choreography.

2. Sara/Jesus - This was my favorite performance of the night. I was really impressed with Sara's performance, it was much more than I expected. And Wade Robson, I love him! He's so inventive (and cute too!)

3. Jessi/Pasha - Their waltz was beautiful, smooth, graceful. Jessi's lines were great and I'm starting to feel the love for Pasha. He's more talented than I thought and he has a great sense of humor (I know that's not really important in dance, but it helps when you're on a TV show like this!)

4. Jaime/Hok - I enjoyed this and I like both of these dancers. It's too bad Jaimie held Hok back a bit, because this would've been his dance to shine.

5. Lauren/Neil - This didn't live up to my expectations because Neil just wasn't sexy enough, but it was still good. I do like Lauren and think Neil has the potential to really improve.

6. Shauna/Jimmy - I know I liked this when I watched it, but it hasn't really stayed with me. Jimmy was much better than Shauna, but they had good chemistry together.

7. Anya/Danny - They were good partnered together but I was a little bored at times.

8. Faina/Cedric - Wow is Cedric "fluid." There was no vibe between them to and if they both make it through, I don't see any chemistry developing between them.

9. Sabra/Dominic - Dominic did a good job but there wasn't any energy between them.

10. Ashlee/Ricky - I can't get the image of Ricky looking at Ashlee's collarbone as they danced out of my head! This was a total mismatch and I blame the producers. They both are talented and I don't think they should be in the bottom yet, but they will be.

Spotlighted by Tribe

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
1. Jessi & Pasha
2. Anya & Danny
3. Sara & Jesus
4. Sabre & Dominic
5. Lauren & Neil
6. Faina & Cedric
7. Shauna & Jimmy
8. Lacey & Cameron
9. Jaimie & Hok
10. Ashlee & Ricky

Boot Scootin with Snidget

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-14-07, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
1. Lacey & Kameron - only routine I went back to for seconds. And thirds. And fourths. OMH, I loved this routine and I'm not usually too crazy about the contemporary stuff. Did you see how high she jumped? Dayum.

2. Anya & Danny - I was prepared to hate him because of his attitude, but I'm a sucker for the jive and they did a really great job with it. It was fun, fast, upbeat, and surprisingly worked well with Avril Lavigne!

3. Sara & Jesus - Wade Robson is the man. That was so creative and incredibly fun to watch. Great entertainers, these two, although her true test will come with ballroom.

4. Jaimie & Hok
4. Lauren & Neil
4. Sabra & Dominic
4. Jessi & Pasha
4. Shauna & Jimmy
I enjoyed all of these performances but nothing stood out over the others for me on any of these dancers yet. I suspect they'll all be around next week and I hope to see more of their personalities then.

9. Faina & Cedric - just painful to watch.

10. Ashlee & Ricky - Unfortunately, this is much more the producers fault then the dancers. What bonehead paired them up? With her height, it was very jerky and lurch-y, not unlike Clyde Drexler on DWTS earlier this year. No spark, no fire, and no fun to watch.

It's a Syren kind of summer

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-14-07, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
FINALLY, some people who CAN dance!!!! Yippee.

My favs in order:
Jessi & Pasha--just gorgeous

Sara & Jesus--weird dance, but they did it well

Jaimie & Hok--I'm not a hip hop fan, but they won me on this one

Anya & Danny--smooth

Lauren & Neil--he was a little ragged, but I think the white suit was the kicker; if he'd been in black, I think the whole thing would have taken on a different--and more professional--appearance

Sabra & Dominic--personally thought it was good; can't believe he nailed the "catch"

Didn't care for:

Shauna & Jimmy--Nigel was right-on about her dress! UGH!

Faina & Cedric--he was good; she was not

Ashlee & Ricky--she was good; he was not

Lacey & Kameron--couldn't stand her...but then that style of dance leaves me cold! I'd rather watch hip hop than whatever that was supposed to be!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rank'Em! 06-13-07 Performances"
1. Lacey/Kameron -- Duh. Was there any question this would be my #1? LOL. This routine was amazing. Emotional, sexy, passionate. It makes me tear up every time I watch it and I don't even know why. and Kam is effing hot.

2. Sara/Jesus/Wade -- Gotta give major props to Wade for this. Sara and Jesus danced it great and really got into character, but I think the choreo/music was the main star of this routine.

3. Jessi/Pasha -- I was really surprised that Jessi did so well with this. They both looked and danced beautifully.

4. Anya/Danny -- I wasn't very impressed with this first time around, but I really began to enjoy it the second (and third) times I watched my tape. It was fun and energetic and they both did a great job.

5. Shauna/Jimmy -- It was fun. They danced it well. I'm not sure if they have the star power to stay on the show for long. We'll see.

6. Jamie/Hok -- It was good, but nothing special, really. Jamie did great... considering that it's not her style.

7. Lauren/Neil -- They were both way too smiley. Lauren definitely danced it better than Neil. Overall I wasn't too impressed.

8. Sabra/Dominic -- Meh. I give him credit for his first time partnering, but his moves weren't very crisp. He did good with the lifts. As I said (and got whacked for) on the ECST, I never really enjoy the Disco numbers. They bore me.

9. Faina/Cedric -- Cedric? Awesome. Though he has the personality of a dishcloth. Faina? Awful. And her personality isn't the greatest either. I hope they go next, barring some amazing routine next week.

10. Ashlee/Ricky -- Bad. Just bad. Somewhat painful to watch. Too bad for them, really. They never had a chance. Unfair pairing and style of dance had them handicapped from the start.

Star <3 Tribe

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •