The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What the Heck Went Wrong!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

JUSBNV 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-01-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JUSBNV Click to send private message to JUSBNV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What the Heck Went Wrong!"
Okay, I just watched AMGT and I must say I'm confused. How the heck did Queeen Emily place 5th? I almost feel off my chair and dropped my Hardees aple pie when they announced her name. However, I continued sitting there, in shoci, wating patiently for the results and for them to announce Nuttin But Strings as the winner. Boy was I ever wrong. They took 3rd, yeas, 3rd. I', trying to figure out what is ontheminds of the Americans. I know we are all concerned with the state of America and what's going to happen on election day, however, sometimes we must take a step back to enjoy some laughter and entertainment. I wll say that the Queen and Strings handled themselves as pros, however, I could see the disappointment and disbelief in their eyes. Now, I have nothing against opera, but let's be serious, if the Queen (I'm not worthy), or Strings (those young me were off the chain), didn't win, then my next guess would have been Eli. He had it all, looks, versatility and the man could sing. I guess talent is an acquired taste, and as for me, this was my last taste of this pie. Good Luck all, I'm sure I'll be hearing from you on the radio or on someone's tv show real soon. Keep in mind folks, that this is MY opinion, which I am entitled to, and you don't have to agree with me, but if you were actually watching the same show as I was, you'd more than likely agree with me. L8tr & be good!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! dabo 10-02-08 1
   RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! grit 10-02-08 2
       Agree dabo 10-02-08 3
       RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! Max Headroom 10-02-08 4
   RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! jbug 10-02-08 6
 RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! DoodleBug 10-02-08 5
 RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! BOYmeetsREALITY 10-05-08 7
 RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! susang 10-06-08 8
   RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! BOYmeetsREALITY 10-07-08 9
       RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! trustory10 12-23-08 10
           RE: What the Heck Went Wrong! thewire12 01-05-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-02-08, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-08 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

Welcome aboard! Always glad to welcome new posters!

What went wrong? Dunno, America voted, don't we always get what we deserve when that happens?

Seriously, we may as well use this thread as the series finale thread, and great question. Didn't we all realize when the Top 10 were nine singing acts and one musical act that this supposedly pure variety talent competition was having an off season?

Where were the jugglers, the quickchange artists, the magicians, the dance acts, the comedians, the female impersonators, the burlesque gals, the comics, the Leonid the Greatses whatever he was?

This show is ultimately about Schmaltz (sp?). The opening act tonight was a Top 10 revival joint act that was all about the Schmaltz. The Hoff was overheard saying Schmaltzilly that they could all headline in Vegas even though two of them... okay, three of them... at least... would be abysmal headliners.

Schmaltz, baby, that's what the show is all about.

Then an actual professional singer hot chick came on with her backing band and backing singers, that was actually worth tuning into. Way hot actual professional singer chick, works every time.

Following the commercial break we were treated to the joint performance of the Audition Nightmares. Um, they said Allstars, but it was seriously awful because hey we needed to be reminded what seriously awful can be, I guess. And reality TV, which this all theoretically is, always goes gonzo at some point. This bit of business was truly horrible and I was strongly hoping for a surprise upstage by Rappin' Granny, or Leonid, or Quickchange, or the Redneck Tenors, or even KITT.

Or Butterscotch. Even the Indiggo Dracula Girls Bizarros would have dressed up that bit of flimflam... but I digress.

Finally, we got to the eliminations.

Fifth place: Queen Emily. This actually shocked me, I thought this year the disgruntled Hillary supporters would have supported a female candidate no matter what, why why why did you let me down?

In all seriousness, I didn't expect her to win, but I thought she would have placed higher.

Fourth Place: Donald Braswell. Honestly, he had the Schmaltzy factor totally in the bag, in the end it worked for him though he should have finished lower. Practice practice practice, though, this guy has a place on the stage, maybe even Broadway.

Third place: Nuttin' But Stingz. I literally fell off the couch. How these guys lost I do not know. Other than maybe all their performances seemed very the same. But they totally owned the shmaltzy angle, very weird.

So, it came down to Eli of no star personality and Neal the opera doof. Somehow Neal managed to edge out the no-sob-story piano player for the title. Was anyone surprised by then?

In retrospect, this season was a disappointment, though I did enjoy many of the performances. The Top 10 performers, though, displayed a very narrow range of talents. Where were the offbeat acts?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-02-08, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-08 AT 08:26 AM (EST)

OMG! What can I say?

That opening montage with the top ten - CHEESY! CHEESY! CHEESY! They should all be embarassed that they participated in it! They should see if they can get a sponsorship from Kraft.

Then the "All Stars" - what, they couldn't find some of the more interesting rejects? I loved the first year when the brought back Leonid the Magnificent. That was fabulous!

As for the results, I turned to my husband and said, "Queen Emily goes first" and I was right. Then DH said, "Eli is next" and I said, "No, Donald Braswell is next" and I was right again. Then I said, "NOW Eli goes" and all heck broke loose. We were stunned when NBS went. We thought they were going to win the whole thing.

I'm not sorry to see Neal win this thing. I always thought it would come down to him and NBS. When they showed the tape of his experience on AGT, there were a couple of clips of him singing that gave me chills. His final performance gave me chills. He's got a beautiful voice and he will go far.

As for the rest of the top 5, they will probably get offers so they will be fine also. In the end, though, it's just a freakin' reality TV show and my life doesn't change in the least because NBS didn't win this thing.

Edited to add: Max Headroom should be in here within the next couple of hours to give me my lobotomy because neither NBS nor Eli won this thing!

I got sliced!

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Agree"
Neal is a wonderful opera singer, I have no problem with him being the winner.

Still, the question remains, what went wrong with this season? No Leonid the Magnificator? In fact no acts to really set off Piers or the Hoff? Two Ozzy impersonators, who other than Sharon even knew there were any at all? How much do they owe her for being allowed to be on TV?

We were dripping in schmaltz this season, that's for sure. Back stories, that's what this show is all about!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
No lobotomy for you, grit. I was ok with any of my top 3 winning: Nuttin But Stringz, Neal E. Boyd, Eli Mattson. The lobotomizer would've come out if Donald Braswell or Queen Emily won.

I got home late last night and AGT had started, though my family had paused the TiVo so I wouldn't miss anything. Once I saw the show was a full hour, I proclaimed, "I'm only watching the last five minutes of this drivel. I'm going upstairs to watch the end of the Cubs/Dodgers game." Which I did. (Though it was interrupted by loud groaning from downstairs when Nuttin But Stringz came in 3rd.)

While I was a big Nuttin But Stringz fan, I thought Neal was the best pure singer in the competition, and I'm not disappointed that he won.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
I missed the finale last night, but am happy with the winner.
From his first performance, I said This guy is a winner; he really should win!
Even before seeing the rest of the season's selections.

The string guys were really good; and might possibly make a better Vegas show than opera. But no one can say Neal doesn't have talent.

Queen has a good voice, but not as polished as Neal.
Eli and Donald were ok, but none of these three were in Neal's league.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
I thought Donald would go first, then Emily, then Eli. I never saw this final two coming. I am going to echo comments from Grit that a couple of the clips from Neal had me all goosebumpy. He has an amazing instrument. I am just thrilled for my fellow Missourian. Way to go!

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-05-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-08 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

Oh well...

I knew we were in trouble when half way through the season the show turned into "Senior Star Search Idol"!

If only they would keep the focus on finding the best TALENT in America and not the best VEGAS HEADLINER, we might get a whole different (and more enjoyable!) show.

Maybe "America's Got Talent" needs to be a whole separate show from "America's Best Vegas Headliner", and start over from scratch. If I thought for one minute that the producers really cared more about finding and exposing true talents than they did about selling ad space, I'd hold my breath for such a makeover of the show. Alas, the air is fresh, crisp, and clear here in the northeast autumn, and I'm breathing quite freely!

Good luck to Neil and what I predict will be a very short-lived visit to the Vegas stage. Maybe Terry Fator will let him be his special guest or something for a song or two each night...

Now...to find the REAL American Talent...

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-06-08, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
At least there were no child singers among the top 5

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-07-08, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
>At least there were no child
>singers among the top 5

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!

HAHA!

trustory10 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-23-08, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trustory10 Click to send private message to trustory10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
ahhha agreed

thewire12 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-05-09, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thewire12 Click to send private message to thewire12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What the Heck Went Wrong!"
yea wtf

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •