The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"James"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-06, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"James"
Let's talk about James, shall we? Evil genius, master manipulator, just plain evil, just plain mean, other, or all of the above?

My opinion? Just plain mean.

It doesn't seem like this comes across on the shows, but watching the live feeds I have decided that James is condescending, mean, snippy, bitchy, petty, anal, and annoying. Was he like this last year?

He doesn't miss an opportunity to point out others' mistakes (grammatical, historical, political, general point of view, etc.). I think James feels he is the Evil Dr. Will of Season 6: biting humor, witty repartee, telling it like it is. However, James is certainly no Dr. Will. Will can be very sarcastic and his comments--no matter how funny--can have truth to them, but Will is charming and likable in his delivery, while James just comes across as petty and bitchy.

He gripes about how messy the house is, but I have yet to see him clean anything, except pick up his HOH room. CG and Danielle seem to be the only two who really make an effort to clean. James just complains about the mess as he walks past it.

His hours long tirade over the Veto competition went from valid points (I too believe the comp was rigged for George to win) to just plain poor sportsmanship. Suck it up, James...you had a good plan, but it got sidetracked. Deal with it and move on. Instead he pouted, whined, cried, and threw a major tantrum.

I do give him kudos for his secret alliance. He knew coming into the show that he was low man on the S6 totem pole and worked out a deal. Excellent move on his part, and it'll be interesting to see how he manuevers his way through it.

However brilliant (and I use the term "brilliant" loosely) his game plan is or isn't, his personality sucks.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: James brvnkrz 07-27-06 1
 RE: James syren 07-27-06 2
   RE: James Breezy 07-27-06 3
   RE: James AugustGirl 07-27-06 4
       RE: James samboohoo 07-27-06 5
       RE: James Buggy 07-27-06 7
       RE: James brvnkrz 07-27-06 11
   RE: James Buggy 07-27-06 6
 RE: James nailbone 07-27-06 8
   RE: James AugustGirl 07-27-06 10
 RE: James CattyChat 07-27-06 9
   RE: James Snidget 07-27-06 12
   RE: James AugustGirl 07-28-06 15
 RE: James universityofkentuckyrocks 07-28-06 13
 RE: James Savahnna 07-28-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: James"
James, for me, is very difficult to read. And without being able to watch him on the live feeds, I think it makes it harder to come to a real assesment of him. From the edited version of him that I have seen, I still think he is a great player. Certainly not a Dr. Will though.
But nothing can compare to Boogie. That's who i find to be the most vile thing in the house.
I'm still rooting for James. For now.

A wonderful Tribe original

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: James"
His personality does suck...

But I think James is one of the most strategic players to ever be on BB. That being said I think that if he could keep his emotions out of it, he could win...but once his emotions get into the game he screws up, just as he did last year.

When Jase went outside on his rant and was 'calling' everyone out, James knew exactly what he was doing...he could hardly contain the smile that kept creeping onto his face. I honestly do not think that there is a word that he says that he does not see as game play in some way. He is always thinking and always trying to skew perception of something.

But yes his overall personality does suck.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: James"
I agree with everything Syren said and also yes he was a pissy jerk last year too.

Summer breeze by Tribey.

07-27-06, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: James"
But I think James is one of the most strategic players to ever be on BB. That being said I think that if he could keep his emotions out of it, he could win...but once his emotions get into the game he screws up, just as he did last year.

Agree with you 100%, Syren. The problem is if James makes it to the final two, he thinks that the jury is going to award the "most deserving" person with the money, personality having nothing to do with it. That is where his plan is going to fail. He could very well lose because he's such a petty jackass, not because he's so smart and devious.

James is absolutely smart and devious, but being able to charm a person while stabbing them in the back is not one of his abilities. He needs to take lessons from the master...Dr. Will.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: James"
Yep, what Augie said of course.

It's Arkie Love

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: James"
Agree with Auggie and Syren, both good points.

I think believing he is smarter than everyone else will cause a mis-step somewhere. I was thinking he had a great chance at final two, now I am not so sure.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: James"
I have to say that this is one thing that drives me insane with all of these reality "games". People forget that it is a game and vote with their hearts and vote for who they like better. I would absolutely vote for someone to win if I couldn't stand them if they had played the better game.

A wonderful Tribe original

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: James"
I'm not surprised to find myself agreeing with Syren's post.

I was enjoying James more at the beginning, I enjoyed his stories and he seemed a bit more relaxed, and it he was entertaining to listen too. But he is quite the bit the know-it-all.

Love his smirk though!

Wouldn't want to hang out with him in real life.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: James"
I love how pissy he's been about being HoH. He's never had it before now, and I think that he thought it was like vacation time. Now that he's in the position, he sees how hard it is to do the nominations and handling the veto, and what kind of target being HoH puts on a player.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

07-27-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
10. "RE: James"
His first HOH has been a royal disaster. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. *snort*

Hi Boner!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-27-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: James"
I don't hate or dislike James, but there is something about him that I don't trust at all. He just comes off as extremely insincere and no matter who he's talking to it seems to me as though it is all an act. I think he is very insecure and likes to be the center of attention. He wants people to think he's smarter than everyone and I've noticed he gets riled when someone "corrects" him on some "factual or "statistical" statement he makes. He's all show & no substance, IMO.

I DO think he makes the game more interesting, for sure, because he's not loyal and I'm just waiting for when he makes his move and whether or not K/J/H see through him in time. However, I don't think he's this "genious" strategist that others (especially himself) believe him to be.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: James"
He does seem to have that perpetual guilty/I'm lying face look which makes it hard to beleive anything he says.

I think your "insecure" hits the mark. What bugs me is that while he is smart, stategic, manipulative, etc. he seems to need to prove he is all that above and beyond what he actually has. So there is a gap between what he pretends he is and what he can do that can be annoying. If he'd just be as smart, etc. as he his and relax about trying to be the mostest all the time he'd be a lot more tolerable.

I think for me his game play tends to go into "over-playing" and that makes it harder for me to appreaciate what he is doing well. Out-play doesn't mean you have to over-play everything to death. Part of that is IMO also knowing when to back off.

It's a tribe creation!

07-28-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: James"
I'm just waiting for when he makes his move and whether or not K/J/H see through him in time.

Funny you should mention that CC because early this morning on the live feeds K/J/H were discussing exactly when James was going to dump them and go to the other side. They are super suspicious of his relationship with Dani and Diane.

They don't trust him, but figure he will stay loyal as long as it suits him, which should be long enough to suit them too...which is getting to sequester.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2572 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-28-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: James"
Last year, most people hated James. Yet, he is my all time favorite player. I love his strategizing and him focusing on winning. He is a cool person. The thing I like about James is his strategy. I think he is great. And I would love to hang out with James out because I think he has a lot of insight about politics and stuff.

ukrocks got a blog!

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-28-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: James"
Great thread! I too am not wild about James.

I found him detestable in BB6....but this year, the only thing I find myself liking about him is that he appears to be the smartest of BB6. Including Janelle. He wanted Will out....yet the others found more harm in keeping Jase. I don't know...they're a l l screwed up.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •