The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"INXS to Tour Again"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-10-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"INXS to Tour Again"
But without JD.

They are starting a world tour and will have "guest singers". Don't know what that means but it must mean that JD is no longer the lead singer. Maybe he shouldn't have burned his bridges.

Link

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: INXS to Tour Again weltek 12-15-09 1
 RE: INXS to Tour Again Loree 09-30-10 2
 J.D. Fortune back to fronting INXS Loree 10-22-10 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: INXS to Tour Again"
I'm bummed that INXS set JD up as temporary, but it was a good move to protect themselves in case it didn't work out (sounds like his drug use was NOT working out, but I suspect we'd have seen the same scenario even if drugs weren't an issue).

INXS seems to be deciding their fate one year at a time. I'd rather see them focus on putting out a great album rather than touring again with "guest singers."

-A Tribetastic Creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-10, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: INXS to Tour Again"
JD Fortune and INXS tour to take in the Hunter

AMY EDWARDS
30 Sep, 2010 04:00 AM

The feud is over as JD Fortune teams up again with INXS for a new album and Australian tour, including the Hunter Valley.
The band is set to begin a new chapter with today’s announcement of their first Australian tour in four years to support their new album.

The concerts will include A Day On The Green at Bimbadgen Estate, Hunter Valley, on Saturday, January 29. Reality TV winner JD Fortune’s last album with the group was 2005’s Switch, which put INXS back on the charts and back on the road.

But by early 2009, it all went pear-shaped.

Fortune said he had been dumped by the band, was broke and living out of his car, a claim that baffled INXS.

Fortune has since been welcomed back into the fold and was behind the microphone for the band’s AFL grand final performance last weekend.

Both Kirk Pengilly and Fortune were back in the studio writing this week when Pengilly spoke to Newcastle Herald reporter Jade Lazarevic.

‘‘We played the AFL grand final on the weekend, so JD was in town for that,’’ he said. ‘‘Will we be doing the AFL again this weekend? No . No we’re not doing it. I think they obviously want to make it different and they’re probably worried if we play it again it might be a draw again. We might jinx it!’’

Joining INXS at Bimbadgen next year will be US Grammy-Award winners Train, the reformed Baby Animals and ARIA Hall of Fame inductees Models.

‘‘We just love playing live so these days we try to make it a special event,’’ Pengilly said.

Tickets are on sale Monday, October 11 through Ticketmaster.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-10, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "J.D. Fortune back to fronting INXS"
J.D. Fortune back to fronting INXS

Nick Patch
The Canadian Press

Canadian singer J.D. Fortune says that he’s back on his feet and is reuniting with INXS for an upcoming Australian tour.

Fortune shot to stardom when he won the television reality contest Rock Star: INXS in 2005 and became the new frontman for the band. Later that year, he sang on the group’s record, Switch, which reached No. 1 on the Canadian charts.

But after nearly two years of touring behind the record, Fortune claimed the band dumped him at a Hong Kong airport, leaving the Mississauga, Ont., native to live out of a truck.

While it seemed then that Fortune was on the outs with INXS, he’s back in the fold now and says he’s ready to move forward, calling the earlier conflict “ancient history.”

“There was a lot of miscommunication,” Fortune said on the line from Los Angeles, with INXS drummer Jon Farriss also on the call.

“Honestly, one side was being told one thing, I was being told another. And at one point, we were literally being told not to talk to each other.”

A little over a year ago, Fortune said, the band got together in Los Angeles and talked everything out.

“Two months later, I was back in Australia and we were rehearsing for the Olympic show,” Fortune said, referring to a gig at a Vancouver Games medal ceremony this past winter.

“It’s been great playing with these incredible musicians and just having that calibre of musicianship and artistic vision back in my life. And I think that in a nutshell, it’s just the natural progression of things when you come together and say: ‘We’re going to play as a band.’

“And that’s what we’ve been doing.”

Added Farriss then: “Hear, hear.”

On Nov. 30, the band will release Original Sin, a collection of reworked versions of classic INXS songs featuring vocal turns from a variety of guests, including Ben Harper, Rob Thomas and Fortune, who reimagines the 1991 single “The Stairs.”

An eight-date tour of Australia is scheduled to follow in early 2011, which will feature Fortune as the band’s frontman.

“Wild horses couldn’t keep me away, man,” he said. “Any time I get a chance to play with these guys is just, I’m front and centre. The fact that we get to play in their home country is quite an honour.

“I’m really looking forward to it.”

Obviously, they’ve come along way from the strife and friction that seemed to characterize the splintering relationship within the band as recently as early 2009.

Then, Fortune and the rest of the group shifted blame back and forth in the press.

Fortune claimed the band had ditched him unceremoniously after a 23-month tour, while representatives from the band denied that story, with the group’s creative director Chris Murphy saying he had always planned to call Fortune for the next tour, but had “no reason to call him now.”

Fortune, who spent much of his childhood in New Glasgow, N.S., declined to elaborate on the forces that worked to maintain that schism within the group.

But Farriss attributed most of the conflict to the exhaustion that often accompanies such an extensive tour.

“That was a really gruelling tour,” he said. “Look, it was an amazing experience, but ... that tour reminds me of a really big party where ... no one slept for a few days,” he said.

“It reminds me of the scene out of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, where all the guys in the white coats are walking around, bumping into each other. ... It was quite a bit like that. We were all tired, we all wanted to go home.

“We sort of fell victim I think to letting other people intervene when really everything was fine, and everyone just needed a little bit of R&R.”

Fortune made headlines when he originally auditioned for Rock Star — a reality show oriented toward helping INXS find a replacement for charismatic former frontman Michael Hutchence, who died in 1997 — saying that he had recently been sleeping in his car and panhandling to raise cash to feed his dog.

After the supposed ouster from INXS, he said in television interviews that he was again living in his truck and he conceded that he had overindulged in cocaine while on tour.

Now, Fortune is living in a condo in L.A. and says he’s doing much better.

“Not only am I back on my feet, but I got my wings underneath me, and that’s INXS,” he said. “There’s an old saying, my grandfather used to say: ‘You can’t keep a true Canadian down.’

“And here we are.”

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •