The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chat Transcripts for Mac users Jon & Garry"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-15-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chat Transcripts for Mac users Jon & Garry"
Digital Dish Diva says:
Welcome to MSN Live. This afternoon we are pleased to welcome INXS band members Jon Farriss and Garry Beers from "Rock Star: INXS." Jon, Garry, welcome to MSN Live. Sweet having you here!

Digital Dish Diva says:
Thanks for being here!

Jon Farriss says:
Hello. To everyone out there joining in on this webchat, we love you all and we are so excited to be here doing what we do. Just being a band looking for a new lead singer.

Garry Beers says:
I agree.

justsky22 in Onstage_1 asks:
Do you think it will be easy for you to ALL agree on a final decision for who's to front INXS?

Garry Beers says:
It changes each week in the band. They are all fantastic singers and we feel it will come down to the wire.

maggiemeg1199 in Onstage_1 asks:
Has the "reality show" experience been positive thus far?

Garry Beers says:
Yeah, it has been a great experience. It is very different for us. It is an eye opening experience. It has been a lot of fun.

annieseuss in Onstage_1 asks:
How did you decide to pick a lead singer this way?

Jon Farriss says:
We were faced with again being without a singer and we tried to think of a way that would involve the world to bring out from this vast reservoir of talent that lies out there in the world. To document and stretch out an audition process. To combine both was I guess a challenge for us and it turned out to be a challenge for the contestants but it has given us time to know these singers.

Garry Beers says:
Really it was the only way we could see to do a true worldwide search for a singer of the caliber we needed. It worked out perfectly.

Jonnie-Est in Onstage_1 asks:
Have you had much time to bond and really get to know the contestants?

Jon Farriss says:
In the beginning there were 15 and we were getting acclimated to the TV world. It was heavy schedules for the singers and INXS. We purposely had space from the singers to watch them from a distance to get our initial gut reaction.

Jon Farriss says:
But as the last few weeks have gone by we have had the chance to get to know the singers in different situations. We have had several off camera situations which have helped immeasurably. However it has only made it more difficult for us to send someone home each week because we have become close to them.

INXSfan3 in Onstage_1 asks:
How soon does the band plan to tour? Please consider Kansas

Garry Beers says:
As soon as we get our singer we will be completing our album which we will have out by Christmas and we shall be rehearsing over Christmas and touring in 2006. Kansas will be an important stop for us. We will try to get to every place once we get the lead singer we'll be going straight into the studio to complete the first studio album with that singer and then we will prepare to go on tour in 2006 at some point.

Jon Farriss says:
We'd like to send out thoughts and condolences to everyone who is experiencing the devastation that the hurricane has left in the South USA. I know the people affected won't be reading this webchat but our hearts go out to them. God bless you all.

CarolbJD4INXS in Onstage_1 asks:
Are you looking more for a singer with charisma and sex appeal as opposed to perfect vocals? I tend to vote more towards charisma and sex appeal

Jon Farriss says:
There is a fine line between perfect vocals and sex appeal because there is nothing sexier than someone who can really sing. And it is fair to say that sex appeal is open to interpretation. Especially from where I am sitting being the drummer but yes it is difficult. There is a thing called the star quality or the X factor for want of a better term that comes into play. The six remaining are all fantastic singers.

JuicyLucyd in Onstage_1 asks:
It looks like you guys have fun watching the rockers perform, what has been the funniest moment so far?

Garry Beers says:
It is a lot of fun watching the singers perform. They are all very very talented.

Jon Farriss says:
I have been having so much fun watching these performances sometimes I have to get up and shake some booty, you know?

Garry Beers says:
The real fun provider is Dave. He is a great pleasure to have on the show. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met.

julee1211 in Onstage_1 asks:
when will the finale be?

Garry Beers says:
At this point of the 20th of September.

OneTwoLindaSue in Onstage_1 asks:
Speaking of sex appeal and the X factor, you original guys have that ALL over these youngsters!

Charlykate1 in Onstage_1 asks:
What new trials will you put to the remaining contestants?

Jon Farriss says:
I mean basically now it is down to the wire. We will probably have the opportunity that there are fewer remaining singers to sing more sings.

Jon Farriss says:
We will be jamming with them spending a bit of time in the studio.

Jon Farriss says:
We are going to get in a bus and drive around for six hours and see how that works and making the diver brake really hard and accelerate really fast and stopping at truck stops.

ImMystified in Onstage_1 asks:
Will you perform with the final three prior to your decision?

INXS says:
We are not sure.

echappee8 in Onstage_1 asks:
As a horsewoman, rhythm is *essential*; when I lose it I have a heckuva time reclaiming it. I've taken up drumming to improve rhythm. What sort of rhythm-losing "horror stories" stick out for you and how did you overcome?

Jon Farriss says:
Back in 1987 we were filming in Prague for video clips from "Kick" and I was extremely exhausted after arriving in new castle England and one of the songs I counted '2, 3, 4" having the "1" in my head but not telling the band thinking they knew what I was thinking. So I came in on the "3" and the band came in on the "4" and let me tell you that was horrific but we recovered when I bounced the back beat forward.

Charlykate1 in Onstage_1 asks:
Do you guys have a city you especially like on tour?

Garry Beers says:
Always fond of playing in NY. There is so much to do and people to meet and hang out with.

Melissica12 in Onstage_1 asks:
You guys were my first concert, 17 years ago today. You've meant a lot to me over the years. Thanks for sticking together through the tough times. Best of luck for the future.

INXS says:
Thanks very much. we look forward to coming to your town!

Keri1029 in Onstage_1 asks:
Do you guys have a fan club?

INXS says:
Yes we do.

INXS says:
Go to INXS.com

mahe405 in Onstage_1 asks:
This is a big thrill to chat with you because today is my birthday and I'm a huge fan. Is this process of picking a new lead singer as you expected or more challenging?

Garry Beers says:
It is more challenging by the fact that it is a television show and in that respect it is more of a contest. What makes it really hard now is that we are becoming closer to the final singers. It is emotional to see them go.

Jam-onjanna in Onstage_1 asks:
What would the impact be if a female won? What changes would you have to make for tours, etc.

Garry Beers says:
There would have to be some changes but the changes would be exciting to us. We are open to male or female and the main change would be changing the key in certain songs. We're not sure at this point.

Digital Dish Diva says:
This is a question we ask every guest: What is your idea of a perfect day?

Garry Beers says:
At this point the perfect day is when we release a new album but from a personal point of view my perfect day would be surfing the beach back in Australia.

Jon Farriss says:
My perfect day is sharing a bright sunny day with my fiancée and walking along a beach, coming back for a barbecue and a salad and the rest I really can't get into detail about, if you know what I mean, baby! (laughs)

Digital Dish Diva says:
Jon, Garry, from all the fans from around the world especially those who stayed up really late to be here, thanks for joining us to talk about "Rock Star: INXS."

Jon Farriss says:
Clearly we can't answer all the questions. We thank everybody from the bottom of our hearts for joining in and supporting us and helping us through this wonderful time.

Garry Beers says:
We look forward to seeing you when we get out playing.

Jon Farriss says:
We love you all and you know who you are.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chat Transcripts for Mac users ... photokitty 09-17-05 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-05, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chat Transcripts for Mac users Jon & Garry"
Very interesting...Thanx LaLa
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •