The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-07, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen)"
This is all Aaron's fault.

Figure that the reward roster is set well before the season starts, and occasionally before the casting starts. You might also figure that as the series ages, more of the rewards are going to have sponsors and built-in promotions. Factor in the number of other events that have to happen in-season, and you're pretty much fixed in on a minimum episode count. You can't drop an entire week without offending the network, at least one sponsor, and so on down the line.

Now last season, we didn't have Donald Syndrome just yet: there was some flexibility available. A lot of the rewards were small, personal, and didn't have any brand names attached. It was possible to lose a contestant to unforseeable circumstances and not annoy anyone except FOX. And they deserve it.

But this year -- this year, some of the rewards have names attached. And the thing about annoying FOX is that you can safely do it once. So when unforseeable circumstances showed up for the second season in a row, the higher-ups very likely declared 'We have a summer schedule to plan and they're not going to let us get away with Ultimate Celebrity Fighting until November. Stretch it out to the original order or we're going to treat you like bad risotto.'

And thus, the first NEK. Hell's Kitchen gives out a second chance and Gordon Hath Sold Out, but it becomes more forgivable when you realize there was a gun to his head at the time.

Now what does this actually mean for the show? First, we're stuck with Melissa for at least one more week, and she was out on merit, (censored) it.

Second: the nominations are more unsure than ever. Gordon can override, Gordon can twist, and Gordon can decide to not send anyone home at all. Be careful who you put up, because anything can happen -- and 'anything' now includes 'nothing'.

Third: we've got at least one event coming up that couldn't be canceled or rescheduled.

And fourth: the Unfrozen Cavewoman Chef lines can keep on coming. Flintchef, meet the flintchef, she's a bossy stone-age be-yotchery...

*sigh* Gordon lost his innocence last night. Good thing he didn't have much of it left.

'NEK' term copyright to Mysticwolf. All rights reserved.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen) Jims02 07-03-07 1
   RE: NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen) Seana 07-03-07 2
 RE: NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen) foonermints 07-05-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen)"
I'd say that it's a combination of Rock and Chef Ramsey's fault. Rock should've nominated Aaron at the first chance he got. Instead, Eddie goes and they end up losing Aaron later anyway. It was one of the dumbest decisions I'd seen on this show. Keeping a weak link during Week 2 is a ridiculously stupid strategy. It wasn't as if Aaron was going to the Final 4.

Ramsey could've overruled him, though. It's not completely clear whether Aaron would've gone anyway, had it been Aaron vs. Eddie.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-07, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen)"
I agree. It was an extremely bad idea to keep Aaron instead of Eddie. Thus, it's Rock's own fault he's stuck with Melissa now.

Also, I totally called this in the Vote thread. Alright, I thought it would be someone else who went to the Blue team, and under different circumstances, but I still called it.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NEK (Non-Elimination Kitchen)"
Oh sure, go ahead and blame the hospitalized Dewberry clone. If the scientists who created him had some decent stem cells to work with, he could be cooking up your meal at the Redrum Rivendell Green Valley Inn? ~whatever~ right now! Not everyone can be making their own steak knives, now can they?

Some people just can't push through the pain.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •