The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-11, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=6119256

What playing partner?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Bea... AyaK 02-14-11 1
   RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Bea... Estee 02-14-11 2
       RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Bea... AyaK 02-15-11 3
           RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Bea... Estee 02-15-11 4
               RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Bea... AyaK 02-15-11 5
 RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Bea... kingfish 02-18-11 6
   RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Bea... cahaya 02-20-11 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
Amazingly, Murray and his partner D.A. Points met each other for the first time on Tuesday ... because no one who knew Murray wanted to play with him.

They didn't know what they were missing.

But did anyone else notice who finished second? A former reality TV star.

Blake Mycoskie from The Amazing Race 2.

AT&T, which did a cooperative ad featuring TOMS Shoes, paid for Blake's outing. And he and his partner Vaughn Taylor were in the pro-am lead until Points eagled 14.

No sign of Paige, though.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-14-11, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
Blake Mycoskie from The Amazing Race 2.

*sniff* They grow up so fast... and it's good to know his company (and the secondary cause) is doing so well.

No, I didn't know he was playing: I don't think I caught a full hole of the tournament. (Pebble Beach is a hard tournament to follow unless you've got exactly the right cable package, a lot of camera eyes were on Dubai, and a major short-term Mission Impossible is getting a full Internet list of the amateurs. Also, like a lot of casual followers, my attention doesn't really kick in until the majors do.) But that would have been fun to watch, if only for some of the things people could scream at him between holes. And of course Paige wasn't there. At most, she would have felt obligated to watch about seven holes. And then if Blake lost a ball or broke a club, she would have tried to provide a replacement at no cost to his score. Which might have been a problem... But I'm sure she'll let us know how long it takes before Blake stops talking about the loss in his sleep.

BTW, is Murray's reputation really that bad? I know he's prone to antics and threatened to leave the tournament at least once, but I also got the impression he had the courtesy to wait until after the shots finished falling on a per-hole basis.

02-15-11, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-11 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

You have to remember that, despite Brian Bosworth's slam at the NFL, the real "No Fun League" is the PGA. Most of these guys could be replaced with mannequins and no one would know the difference. I used to play with a guy who won the grand total of one pro tour tournament (which by itself makes him better than 99.99% of everyone who has ever played golf), and I can safely say that these players are actually taught never to take their minds out of the game during the round.

Putting Bill Murray in with them is a disaster waiting to happen. Honestly, I think Steve Marino (the third round leader) lost the tournament because he had to play behind Murray on the last day. He was getting so tense that you could almost see the veins bulging out on his neck. On the 18th, Murray did a little bit of Caddyshack on the green for the audience after the rest of his group had putted out -- but Marino was waiting on the fairway to hit his third, and you could see his tension level rise every second. When Murray and Points finally left the green, Marino rushed up to the ball and hit his third shot from about 200 yards ... right into the Pacific Ocean.

Points, on the other hand, credited his victory to playing with Murray. After he made the eagle on 14, which suddenly put him in the tournament lead over Marino, Murray walked over to him and started asking him which of the houses next to the course he'd like to own. He said that Murray never gave him the time to get nervous. On 16, Points said that he had a six-footer for par and was getting nervous, so his caddy told him to make a joke -- and he told Murray, loudly in front of the whole gallery, that the crowd would love to see him make the 40-foot birdie putt the he was facing. Murray almost did -- and then Points made his own six-footer for par, his last par save.

It's not that Murray's bad. It's just that he couldn't care less about the solemnness of a Sunday round with big bucks at state, when most of the players are giving vent to their inner psycho.

No wonder Tiger was in Dubai, far away. Maybe he'll stay there.

02-15-11, 08:34 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
the real "No Fun League" is the PGA.

Maybe that's why players like Daly keep their following. Sure, the personality he displays is addictive, out of control, and incapable of learning -- but at least he has one.

When Murray and Points finally left the green, Marino rushed up to the ball and hit his third shot from about 200 yards ... right into the Pacific Ocean.

That degree in sociology really pays off. (He was out the day they covered crowd appeal.)

I used to play with a guy who won the grand total of one pro tour tournament

Which brings up the question of your own handicap. ('Congress' is the classic answer, right?)

No wonder Tiger was in Dubai, far away. Maybe he'll stay there.

Out of spitting range?

02-15-11, 07:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
At the time, I was a 7 on a Pete Dye course rated 75, which means that my best rounds were in the high 70s, but I usually shot in the low 80s. He was scratch and about 10 shots better than me on average.

Those days are gone, I'm afraid.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-11, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
I would seriously consider giving up a testicle to partner with Bill Murray, or even play behind him.

OK, not seriously seriously, but still, the guy is just about the funniest natural comic I've ever seen. And I'd be very happy to have someone divert attention from my game.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-11, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bill Murray wins the Pebble Beach Pro-Am."
And I'd be very happy to have someone diverot attention from my game.

Fixed that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •