The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Super Bowl Trivia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-11, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Super Bowl Trivia"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-11 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-04-11 AT 07:18PM (EST)
ETA hidden answers

What will this Super Bowl not have that every other previous Super Bowl had?

Who is the only Super Bowl MVP from the losing team?

Who is the only player to win MVP of the Super Bowl 3 times?

What team has the most Super Bowl MVPs?

There are 4 players who won both the Super Bowl MVP and the Heisman Trophy, name one.

Who was the first Wildcard team to make it to the Super Bowl?

New siggie by agman!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Super Bowl Trivia cahaya 02-04-11 1
   RE: Super Bowl Trivia rjrabbit 02-04-11 2
 RE: Super Bowl Trivia AyaK 02-05-11 3
   RE: Super Bowl Trivia rjrabbit 02-05-11 4
       RE: Super Bowl Trivia AyaK 02-05-11 5
           RE: Super Bowl Trivia rjrabbit 02-06-11 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-11, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Super Bowl Trivia"
I mentioned it in the other thresd, but no cheerleaders!

When your team is losing, it helps to have a diversion to keep your eyes off of the field.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-04-11, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Super Bowl Trivia"
I missed that in the other thread. I'll have to go back and find it.

New siggie by cahaya!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-11, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Super Bowl Trivia"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-11 AT 11:21 PM (EST)

Some of the hidden answers have complications; the answers are not clearly correct.

"What team has the most Super Bowl MVPs?"

Since a player from the winning team has won the MVP award in every Super Bowl except for Super Bowl V (when Chuck Howley of Dallas won although the Baltimore Colts won the game), a quick way to answer this is to look at Super Bowl victories. Pittsburgh has 6, Dallas has 5 and San Francisco has 5. Taking Chuck Howley into account, it's clear that Pittsburgh and Dallas each have 6 Super Bowl MVPs. The fact that Harvey Martin and Randy White were co-MVPs in 1978 shouldn't change that. Counting them as two different recipients ignores the fact that neither actually won the MVP outright.

Pittsburgh: Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, Terry Bradshaw (2), Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes.
Dallas: Chuck Howley, Roger Staubach, Harvey Martin & Randy White, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Larry Brown.

"Who was the first wild card team to make it to the Super Bowl?"

Does a wild card team mean a division non-winner? That's the sense that it's always been used in. If that's so, the first wild card team to make it to the Super Bowl was one of the first two division non-winners to reach the playoffs: the 1969 Kansas City Chiefs.

Beginning the second season of the Super Bowl, the AFL had two divisions (East and West); the NFL had four (Central, Coastal, Capital and Century). For Super Bowl IV, the AFL decided to go to a 4-team playoff to match the NFL, since the leagues were merging the next year. Thus, in addition to the division winners (NYJ and Oakland), both second place teams made the playoffs as well (KC and Houston). KC beat both the Jets (13-6) and the Raiders (17-7) to make the Super Bowl, which KC won over the Vikings 23-7.

To make the answer given correct, the question has to be worded thusly: "Who was the first wild card team in the NFL to make it to the Super Bowl?"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
In 1970, three NFL teams moved to the AFC, giving each conference 13 teams, and the conferences realigned so that each had three divisions: East, Central, West. The three teams that left the NFC came from the Coastal (Baltimore) and Century (Cleveland, Pittsburgh) Divisions. To return the Coastal to four teams, New Orleans was moved from the Capital to join Atlanta, LA and SF, and it became the West. The remaining teams in Capital (Washington, Philadelphia and Dallas) joined the two teams left from the Century (NYG and St. Louis) to form the East. The Central (GB, Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit) was left unchanged. After that, to maintain the four-team playoffs, each league added one wild-card team per year (expanded to two in 1978 and three in 1990, then back to two when a fourth division was added in 2002). The first wild card team to make the Super Bowl in that format was indeed the 1975 Dallas Cowboys (who beat the Vikings on the famous "Hail Mary" pass from Staubach to Drew Pearson), but that's also not the question asked.

02-05-11, 10:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Super Bowl Trivia"
I bow to the master Thanks Ayak for clarifying how I should have worded my questions.

New siggie by agman!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-11, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Super Bowl Trivia"
You know, it's interesting to remember what East and West used to mean in pro football prior to 1970. Technically, in the NFL the East was the Capital and Century Divisions; the West was the Coastal and Central. So here were Western teams in the Eastern time zone:

Baltimore, Atlanta, Detroit, Cincinnati (AFL).

Those were offset by Eastern teams in the Central time zone:

Dallas, New Orleans, St. Louis, Houston (AFL)

After 1970, the Central teams weren't considered East or West (taking out Detroit, Cincinnati and Houston), and Baltimore moved to the East while New Orleans moved to the West, leaving only Atlanta, Dallas and St. Louis as problems.

Nowadays, the NFL alignment is much better, although I still think Miami, Baltimore and Indianapolis should switch in the AFC: Indy to the North with Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Cleveland (a natural cluster); Baltimore to the East with Buffalo, New England and New York; and Miami to the South with Carolina, Tennessee and Jacksonville.

And, in a perfect world, Dallas wouldn't be in the NFC East, but do you really want to swap Dallas for Detroit?

02-06-11, 00:03 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Super Bowl Trivia"
Very interesting. I always wondered by Dallas was in the NFC East. I thing the Eagles, Redskins and Giants would like to have Detroit over Dallas.

New siggie by cahaya!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •