The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Adios, Andy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-11, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Adios, Andy"
I know there's no Yankee love to be found here, but I have to post a fond farewell (or a see-ya-later) to one of my all-time favorite Yankees.

The 38-year-old Pettitte announced his retirement at a televised news conference at Yankee Stadium. He helped the Yankees win five World Series championships in 13 seasons in the Bronx, and record a record 19 victories in postseason play.

Full Story:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-04/andy-pettitte-says-his-heart-wasn-t-committed-to-2011-return-for-yankees.html

</3

And yet, there is one section that gives me hope:
Pettitte said that he was confident that he wouldn’t play this season. He wouldn’t rule out a future return.
“You can never say never,” he said. “I don’t think I would be scared, if I literally went through this whole season and I had hurt in my stomach that I wanted to pitch, to maybe try it again."

I hope he misses the game enough to "maybe try it again." If not, I wish him a happy retirement.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Adios, Andy Max Headroom 02-04-11 1
 RE: Adios, Andy byoffer 02-04-11 2
 RE: Adios, Andy Estee 02-05-11 3
 RE: Adios, Andy Spanky68 02-07-11 4
 RE: Adios, Andy Colonel Zoidberg 02-10-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-11, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Adios, Andy"
I'll always appreciate Andy Pettitte because the guy won me a fantasy baseball championship in my most competitive league. In 2005, when he was pitching for the Houston Astros, Andy got off to a slow start, and one of my fellow managers dropped him from his roster. Being the opportunist that I am, I picked Andy up and stuck him in my starting lineup. When I picked him up, after a poor start on May 18th, Andy's ERA was 4.11 and his record was 2-5, and his final stats that season ended up being a 17-9 record and a 2.39 ERA (over a whopping 222 innings pitched). That was probably the greatest fantasy free agent pickup I've ever made.

After the season, the guy who dropped Andy Pettitte did the math and calculated that Andy's performance was the difference between my team finishing first (ahead of his team) and finishing second (behind where his team would have been with Andy's stats included).

Thanks, Andy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-11, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Adios, Andy"
there's no Yankee love to be found here

That would include me!!

But, I will say that I have respect for Andy and his body of work as a great pitcher, though as with many of his generation the stain of steroids is dark. I wish him a happy (and long ) retirement.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-11, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Adios, Andy"
I appreciated this comment from John O'Connell.

'"Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" is now "CC and Hughes... then we lose."'

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-11, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Adios, Andy"
I never rooted for his teams. But I was keenly aware of the fact that he was a fierce competitor and (by most accounts) a superb person.

Congrats on the spectacular career. You will be missed (especially this year by a suddenly rudder-less Yankee team).

Agman made this fancy sig for me

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-10-11, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Adios, Andy"
I got to see him pitch in Columbus before he made the bigs.

I hope for his sake, and for all of ours, that he stays retired. It never works out seeing people come back as much as they do.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •