The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-23-11, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
Super Bowl XLV is set. Steelers vs Packers. Who do you want to win?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Paclkers. Estee 01-23-11 1
   RE: Paclkers. rjrabbit 01-24-11 3
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... vince3 01-23-11 2
   RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... emydi 01-24-11 6
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Max Headroom 01-24-11 4
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Starshine 01-24-11 5
   RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... sittem 01-26-11 23
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... dragonflies 01-24-11 7
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Breezy 01-24-11 8
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... cahaya 01-24-11 9
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... zipperhead 01-24-11 10
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... CTgirl 01-24-11 11
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... michel 01-25-11 12
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Glow 01-25-11 13
   Glowwwwwwww Breezy 01-25-11 14
       RE: Glowwwwwwww Glow 01-25-11 15
           RE: Glowwwwwwww Breezy 01-25-11 19
               RE: Glowwwwwwww Glow 01-25-11 21
   RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Estee 01-25-11 16
       RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Glow 01-25-11 17
           RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Estee 01-25-11 18
               RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Glow 01-25-11 20
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Colonel Zoidberg 01-26-11 22
   RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... zipperhead 01-27-11 25
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... sittem 01-26-11 24
 RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Pack... Molaholic 01-27-11 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-11, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Paclkers."
This has very little to do with the just-ended AFC Championship game. As said before, I can't stand the thought of Big Serial having any more success, let alone bait to hit on vulnerable women with. I do know a few Steelers fans who have near-Yankee-like levels of entitlement issues (no, not you. Yes, you, the one reading this right now), and they're pretty much at the point of 'No other team has ever really won a Super Bowl. The league just forced us to spread it around a little' without getting Title #7. I don't want to see what they're going to be like with. Throw in the shared disease which Green Bay and New York alike had to suffer through (which could flare up again next August), and my sympathies lie with Titletown.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Paclkers."
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-11 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

I'm rooting for the Packers for the same reasons.

ETA I couldn't have said it better myself.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-11, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I think this shows my choice...

Tribe's Super Sig!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I'm with you brother!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"

Of these teams, I pick the Packers.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-24-11, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
Go Pack!

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

In the olde days when they showed American Football in the UK (1980's it was) The Packers were on almost every week, so one sort of supported them.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-26-11, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
Based on how the Packers played in the 80's I'm surprised you became a supporter of the team even if you saw them alot. Even I didn't want to watch them all that much in that decade.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I just have to decide which siggie to use!

Thanks Agman!

Go Pack!

Snidget cut the cheese!

ok, even though that last one refers to TAR, it's still got CHEESE in it!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
See my sig. But even if the Packers weren't there, no way would I want the Steelers to win. See Estee's post for reasons why.

IceCat is da man! GO PACK GO!!!!

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
Pun intended, I'll sittem with the future SB champs.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"

Although my fondness for the Steelers franchise goes above and beyond Roethlisberger's misbehavior (if it was a criminal offense, he should be in jail now), I also like the Packers franchise. In this case, I believe I will be rooting for Aaorn Rodgers to get completely out from under the shadow of his completely discredited predecessor. Packers for their 4th ring! Cleanse the palate of history with a fresh hero! Or something like that!!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-11, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
Packers!

How can I not cheer for the small town community-owned football team when I am inundated with big money sports teams around me in NYC and Boston!!

Snowfall by Tribe

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-11, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I practically always root for the AFC and I'd prefer seeing a division champ winning rather than a wild card. I'm hoping for a good game and, while Big Ben is a big disgrace, I do like Mike Tomlin and his defense so I guess that's where I'm leaning. Should be fun either way.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-11, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I prefer to think of myself as lucky. Fortunate. Grateful. Thankful. Always appreciative. I am a proud fan of a franchise that puts a competitive team out there year after year.

I do have a bit of a thing for Aaron Rodgers though.

01-25-11, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Glowwwwwwww"
*smooch* My favorite Steeler's fan.

01-25-11, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Glowwwwwwww"
Breeeeeeeeeezy, my favorite Pack backer. *smooch* As soon as the Steelers won, I thought, how fun would it be to watch the SB with Breezy?

Thought you'd like this. Pens' Goligoski Backs Pack hrmpf

01-25-11, 12:38 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Glowwwwwwww"
We should text during the game!

LOL

01-25-11, 12:43 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Glowwwwwwww"
There would be a lot of "ooooh SACK" texts back and forth.

01-25-11, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I do have a bit of a thing for Aaron Rodgers though.

Oh, is he the latest one in the series? NFL: Not For Long...

01-25-11, 11:38 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I almost forgot how often you confuse me. Why would he be not for long? Concussions? Because he gets sacked all the time? Don't get it.

If you are (and yes, I know you are) referring to me saying I have a bit of a thing for him, it's been there for a while now. Since he was backup to that man he used to back up. But I wouldn't expect you to know or care about that.

And by "thing" I don't mean like the "thing" I have for Peyton Hillis, I mean "thing" like the "thing" I have for Heath Miller.

01-25-11, 12:04 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
The 'Not For Long' bit is an in-sport joke about what NFL really stands for. Since the average player has a career of four years (if they're lucky), no one can count on extended paychecks or reaching their free agency payday. So fans have trouble connecting to players long-term because the vast majority aren't going to be there long-term.

So whenever you get a crush on an active Steeler, it's Not For Long: odds are he'll be out of the league pretty soon -- or traded -- or injured -- or you could get lucky, but you can't like your chances...

01-25-11, 12:39 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
ohhhh. Okay. Thankfully, the awesomeness of Aaron Rodgers goes beyond football.

The only Steelers "crush" I ever had was a well-documented one. Oh Plaxico. *sigh*

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-26-11, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
On one hand, Ben Roethlisberger is a self-absorbed pig who might have raped someone and probably did something dumb. Plus he went to Miami of Ohio. That's bad enough by itself.

On the other hand, they did beat the Jets. That's admirable enough.

On the other hand...the Steelers benefitted from a bad call earlier in the season. Against my team. If the refs get it right, the Steelers are the #5 seed at best...and they have to play the Ravens on the road. And maybe don't win. At worst, they're #6, and we all know they're not beating the Pats.

On the other hand...if the Steelers win, they might take the title of "Team of the Decade" from the Pats. And the Pats losing anything is a wonderful thing.

On the other hand...the Pack winning is a colossal "up yours" to Brett Favre. The only greater "up yours" would be Cleveland winning the NBA title. And we all know that ain't happening.

On the other hand...a 10-6 team that ight not even be in the playoffs if not for the fact that they played a team with nothing to play for at the end winning it? The only 10-6 team to win it all that was...well, cool...was the Giants in 2007. Again, I invoke the "beating the Pats" clause.

On the other hand...if Pittsurgh wins, that pompous windbag Peter King is right.

On the other hand...if Green Bay wins, the "trendy" team wins. And we can't have that.

So...I vote for the stadium to collapse, and all the fans to escape with their lives and declare Texas Christian University the Sper Bowl champs.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-11, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
I stopped reading Peter King regularly about two years ago. Once in a blue moon I slip up and click on a link to one of his articles.

But I realized that I just don't give a damn what his coffee was like at the Seattle airport. And his practice of addressing teams in his writing as if he is in their locker room got on my last nerve. I've even sent him an e-mail telling him what I think of his articles. No response, of course.

Don Banks is far more readable as far as SI writers go, imho. I also like Posnaski (sp?).

Simmons at EPN is also starting to annoy me. I can't listen to his podcasts while at work and his writing is becoming mechanical and repetitive.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-26-11, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-11, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Super Bowl XLV Steelers vs Packers"
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-11 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

Since I've invested $40 in office pools, I'm pulling for my numbers.

Of course, since my nephew now lives deep in Cheese County, I'll be pulling for them

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.
siggie stolen from AyaK 1/26/2011

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •