The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-10, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller"
A pretty charmed life has come to an end at age 92 after a battle with leukemia. RIP, Bob Feller, one of the most genuine persons around who wasn't afraid to speak his mind.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller Estee 12-16-10 1
 RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller byoffer 12-16-10 2
   RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller PepeLePew13 12-17-10 4
 RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller Molaholic 12-17-10 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-10, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller"
Y'know, back in his day, real men didn't die of anything.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-10, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller"
as a 17-year-old <> he struck out 17 -- striking out his age.

I've heard of golfers shooting their age (a balance of staying good at golf while getting older) but striking out one's age in the majors will be very difficult to achieve.

Even phenom Stephen Strasburg got a max of 14 strikeouts in his first season - and he was age 22.

I certainly don't remember Rapid Rob, but certainly an interesting fellow to read about.
Seems this guy wouldn't want a lot of rest or peace.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-10, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-10 AT 09:59 AM (EST)

>I've heard of golfers shooting their age (a balance of staying good at golf while getting older) but striking out one's age in the majors will be very difficult to achieve.

Indeed, it's been done only one other time - Kerry Wood struck out 20 at age 20 (check out the whiffle ball curve at 3:57) in arguably the greatest single-game performance in baseball history, a 2-0 win with 20K, no walks, no baserunners other than one infield hit off the 3B's glove - and this was against the top-hitting team in the bigs. I saw the second half of this game on TV and it was easily the most dominating performance I've ever seen, even moreso than either of Clemens' 20K games, both of which I saw parts of.

Even so, Bob Feller stood out because not only did he strike out a lot but he was consistently good for so long with only the 3.5 years of war-time service interrupting his great career. Think of how much more he would have accomplished if he didn't suddenly go off to war in his prime.

Still, I agree with Moley that he was heroic in being willing to give up his career just-like-that in order to go off to war even though all MLB players were exempted from the draft. That's what makes him even more special as a person after you look at all of the prima donnas that rule sports in today's world.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-10, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: R.I.P., "Rapid Robert" Feller"
Given the fact that he was the first MLBer to volunteer for military service after December 7th, and gave his country literally the best years of his career, the man was a hero (a title he constantly denied, more proof that he was indeed a hero).

Thank you, Robert. We are much the poorer now without you.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •