The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 11, Episode 17"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-27-11, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 11, Episode 17"
Since jbug couldnít watch TBL last night because of the storms, I guess Iíll start this weekís thresd.

I didnít see Aliís season but I saw parts of Samís and Taraís seasons. Ali & Sam look great, Tara looks more like someone who is in the last few weeks of TBL. I loved that Tara beat Rulon in the car pull!

I was not surprised at all that Rulon left. He didnít perform as well as I had expected throughout the competition and he wasnít the inspiration they billed him to be. His friend Justin was more inspirational. I miss him a lot. Notice they didnít let Rulon weigh in and they didnít show him at home to see how heís done since leaving the Ranch.

Itís interesting that Irene knows she is currently THE biggest loser on the Ranch. Iím surprised that didnít figure into the voting but I think it was appropriate that Kaylee finally went home. Personally, I thought it was a little of nervy of Kaylee to think that in spite of gaining weight again that she could stay. Irene has been busting her butt on this show. Ireneís getting more screen time, which is unsurprising because of how few people are left in the competition. Austinís edit is looking better, too..

I thought it was weird that when they showed Kaylee at home, instead of saying, ďI currently weigh 165 poundsĒ she said ďI lost 68 pounds.Ē Thatís exactly what she lost on the show. Does that mean that not a lot of time passed or she hasnít lost anything since leaving? She also said she figured out why sheís gone up and down in weight but she hasnít lost anything since leaving. How could she have figured it out?

I canít wait for makeovers next week. Yay!

Statistics:

This week:

Olivia 3.57%
Hannah 3.11%
Austin 2.80%
Jay 2.64%
Irene 1.91%
Kaylee +1.23%

To date:

Irene 39.61%
Austin 38.64%
Olivia 37.93%
Hannah 37.10%
Rulon 36.50%
Jay 35.50%
Kaylee 29.18%

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 11, Episode 17 jbug 04-27-11 1
   RE: Season 11, Episode 17 suzzee 04-27-11 2
       RE: Season 11, Episode 17 samboohoo 04-27-11 6
   Show is available on Hulu now suzzee 04-27-11 3
   RE: Season 11, Episode 17 samboohoo 04-27-11 5
 RE: Season 11, Episode 17 samboohoo 04-27-11 4
 RE: Season 11, Episode 17 nap_time 04-27-11 7
   RE: Season 11, Episode 17 grit 04-27-11 9
   RE: Season 11, Episode 17 jbug 04-27-11 10
 Tara samboohoo 04-27-11 8
 RE: Season 11, Episode 17 udg 04-27-11 11
   RE: Season 11, Episode 17 grit 04-28-11 12
 Stats & numbers udg 04-29-11 13
 finally watched jbug 04-29-11 14
 Top Chef Masters jbug 04-29-11 15
 RE: Season 11, Episode 17 featherfish81 04-30-11 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-11, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
Thankie Grit (still raining here)

It's supposed to be aired at 1:35 am on Thurs morning; I gotta program the dvr.

Why did Rulon leave? Did he just quit?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-11, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
I lurk therefore I am.

Rulon at the weigh in said it was for "personal reasons", his earlier confessionals claimed he was only there to learn about himself, to learn to be accountable for his actions and that he missed his family and wanted to be the husband that his wife deserved.

Allie asked him if he was going to keep the weight off (which I found odd), he said of course but seemed distracted during the whole thing.

Somehow I'm getting the feeling that Rulon's wife liked him just as he was, seemingly childish and irresponsible for himself. Often the "dominant" in the relationship likes the neediness of the other. My impression was that things aren't all they seem in his real life.

agman makes me hot

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-11, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
I think he was lonely and missed his wife. I don't know what to think about the dominance. Jillian was definitely dominant. I don't know that he liked that so much. I don't know if I want to call use the term "reward" here. I would say his reaction is definitely different at home than on the ranch. At the ranch, he is constantly being pounded on. Where is his outlet other than to continue to work out and continue to be pounded? At home, if his wife is the dominant one, I would presume there is something different he gets out of it. Not necessarily talking about sex here.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-11, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Show is available on Hulu now"
forgot to add that to the other post.

04-27-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
Yep. He had told Cara earlier in the day that he was okay with leaving at the weigh-in if it was his time. He obviously said something to the producers before the weigh-in, which is why Ali said she knew he wanted to say something. I too found it interesting that he didn't weigh in. I wonder if he thought by leaving, someone else would stay.

It was a little odd.

04-27-11, 10:43 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
I actually got to watch it last night - especially since it was just an hour.

Where to start . . .

Sam & Ali. I too thought they looked great. Sam looks really, really, really great. LOL. I liked Ali during her season. I thought she looked fabulous on her book cover. I liked that they put them through a workout.

Tara. I wasn't a big fan of Tara during her season - there was something about her that drove me a little crazy, but I like her now, and I love her competitiveness. How awesome that she's doing an Ironman. My friend is in the middle of training for one. She's done several. We were just talking about it yesterday. I have no desire to do an Ironman, but I love doing the sprint tris and am doing two this year. I've just started the biking again to get ready.

I also found it funny that Olivia and Hannah loved Tara on the show. I love Olivia and Hannah and didn't love Tara. Oh well.

I skipped through a little of Irene's conversation with Jillian. I just get tired of the dissecting part. At one point, I thought the unknowns were going to be the last ones standing, and now there's only one left.

Austin looks great. He is getting a great edit. I can't wait to see his makeover. And I do hope he gets to the end.

I knew Kaylee was toast. Olivia/Hannah/Irene as so tight - they've been together since the beginning, so it's understandable. Olivia and Hannah had great weight loss this week. All three of them now weigh less than I do, but IMO, they don't look smaller than I do. I can say this because I'm looking at them with cameras on them. I feel like I'm 300 pounds through the camera lens.

It didn't really suprise me that Rulon left. I think Tara beating him pushed him over the top. I have been wondering about his edit all year. For so long, he was getting a heavy edit, lots of focus on him and his past life. I thought he was being set up for the end. I think he was lonely. When he lost Justin, he lost his own real connection there. I think there was some friction between he and Hannah - especially with the "eating" incident a few weeks ago. I think he felt very trapped there.

Kaylee. I agree with you. I wonder how she and the white team guy hooked up. It didn't seem to me that they had too much time to get to know each other on the show. Interesting. I don't think she's lost much. I don't think she's completely figured it out. She did look happy though.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-27-11, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
Here is an article that I found that sheds some light on Rulon leaving.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/blogs/pop_culture_blog/biggest_loser/the-biggest-loser-season-week-recap-gold-medal-mess-or/article_0c2925e0-7040-11e0-b00b-0019bb30f31a.html

Hope that paste right! I haven't watched the show yet cause my power was off...so I am glad y'all gave me the summary.

~Running in my dreams, Thanks Agman! ~

04-27-11, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
Thanks for the link - that's a pretty interesting blog. I'm surprised, though. If he was asked to leave because of his rule-breaking, why did they let him stand up there and announce that he was leaving for personal reasons?

Also, did anyone read the article in that same blog with Ken's exit interview? Very interesting. I hope he does well with his at-home weight loss.

04-27-11, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-11 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

really interesting!
and so was the link to ken's interview!

ETA: I musta been reading while Grit was typing,

04-27-11, 10:55 AM (EST)
8. "Tara"
I forgot to mention this. I don't know that I agree with her "winning" the challenge. I think she had quite an advantage there. As much as I seem to like her outside of the show, this reminded me of what I didn't like about her on the show. Tara had her time for winning. She already won money and challenges, etc.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-11, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
I thought it was a little of nervy of Kaylee to think that in spite of gaining weight again that she could stay.

I thought it was telling that, on arriving at home, she decided that the reason she was having so much trouble losing weight on the ranch was because she was "so close to her goal weight", in spite of the fact that her current BMI is higher than any of the remaining girls and her total loss is lower by far. She's apparently not even trying to lose any more weight, though she's still technically overweight according to her BMI, having given up. Again.

As for Rulon, I think he doesn't like the competition mostly because he isn't winning. He's used to being the best or darn close to it. Living life in the middle of the pack has got to suck for him, and I totally disagree with not-Jillian that going home is good for him, unless there's more to his "personal reasons" than what we were shown.

(Oh, I just saw that someone posted a link about Rulon. I'll read that when I get a chance.)

I'll do some number crunching of my own later tonight if I have the time. I have company coming over this evening, and I should be cleaning the kitchen or folding laundry right now.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

04-28-11, 11:13 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
Go read the Rulon link - it's very interesting and puts everything in much better perspective. It totally blew me away.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-29-11, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Stats & numbers"
With a BMI of 38.6, Rulon was not just "obese" but "severely obese" when he left the show. He seemed pretty convinced that his weight was a-ok, because it's close to his "fighting weight", but his fighting form was mostly muscle, and his current form is mostly fat.

Here are the ending BMIs of the previous winners:
Winner, Ending BMI
S1 (Ryan) 26.7
S2 (Matt) 26.1
S3 (Erik) 24.8
S4 (Bill) 25.8
S5 (Ali) 20.3
S6 (Michelle) 23.4
S7 (Helen) 18.9
S8 (Danny) 26.6
S9 (Michael) 32.7
S10 (Patrick) 28.1

The average of all the winners is 25.34.

Our current contestant BMIs are:
Contestant BMI
Hannah 23.7
Olivia 23.9
Irene 26.4
Kaylee 27.5
Austin 32.1
Jay 36

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

04-29-11, 10:44 AM (EST)
14. "finally watched"
I set the dvr for 1:30-2:30 Thur morning & it worked.

The scene of Rulon announcing that he was leaving was very brief. Wonder how I would have reacted if I had not read Nap-time's link?

Kaylee wanted to leave weeks ago; then was glad she was still there; make up your mind! Hopefully she'll do okay at home.

I too don't think it was fair that Tara was given the prizes. Sure, let her pull with them & even win. BUT - give the prizes to the contestant that came in first. Or have prizes for 2nd & 3rd place too. To give all prizes to one person - who has had several years to get in shape was wrong.
She could have at least given Rulon the race trip part of the prize. Keep the $5000 for your organization sure. But since it was so close, share!

04-29-11, 10:46 AM (EST)
15. "Top Chef Masters"
Anyone watching? See TBL contestants on TCM?
That episode was done while Courtney was still there.
Interesting to see their favorite foods and how the chefs transformed them into healthy alternatives.

Oh, and with Curtis Stone as host? how can they go wrong?

Agman 2009

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-30-11, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 11, Episode 17"
I finally caught up and can actually discuss the season...

I agree, it wasn't fair to let Tara win the prize. It was interesting to compete against her, but she's way more in shape than the contestants and already had her chance to win the prize.

I'm not sure I agree with Kaylee that she's reached her goal weight. If it was the goal, shouldn't she have known that already? None of the trainers mentioned that as a possibility for her plateau. She looks pretty good, but she's kind of short for 165, imo.

Rulon's an interesting story, especially with the article posted above. I overall like him, but I think he was one of those contestants that came with a specific goal, and wasn't open to the ranch completely changing him like some of the other contestants, especially the younger ones, are. But I think the producers kind of set themselves up for this. All of the publicity, and the interviews, and just the way the trainers and contestants reacted to him, was on the scale of "Here's an Olympic athlete. You get to train with an Olympic athlete. Look at how special it is because we have an Olympic athlete on the show." And then when he reacts like he's special everyone gets upset.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •