The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 11, Episode 16"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-19-11, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 11, Episode 16"
Yay! For once I got to watch the entire show in real time – my husband is working late tonight.

I thought it was fun watching everyone do their different extreme sports challenges. I can’t believe how scared Kara was! I wonder if they miscalculated with Rulon. I always thought you weren’t supposed to go into the water on a bungee jump because you might hit your head on a rock.

Irene, Hannah and Kaylee are all around the same weight now but I think Irene looks so much better than the other two. Her shape is really nice.

Ken was whining at Kara the previous week. He seemed to think that it was Kara’s fault for not pushing him harder. But this week he was complaining that he was tired and that his body is failing him. I never thought that Kara was the problem and that Ken’s different health problems were the reason he’s been having trouble losing the weight.

I thought pretty early on in the show the editing was hitting us over the head that Hannah was going home. When they were deliberating about who to send home, Olivia said that Hannah was so close to finishing. To me, that’s the best reason to send her home. Ken’s not close to finishing and he needs to be there more.

I get really annoyed with the way they edit the weigh-ins that they continue after a commercial break. With Rulon, they showed the scale at 310 with a 1 pound loss and everyone looking shocked. Yet when they came back from commercial, they showed him at 301 with a 10 pound loss and everyone looking happy. Also, with Kaylee, they showed everyone shaking their heads and looking disappointed before the commercial. But she ended up having a great weight loss. I hate that they do that every week.

Statistics:

This week:
**A note about statistics: TBL doesn’t start with the previous weight for anyone who gained weight for the purpose of game play and the yellow line. I DO take that into consideration because it’s a weight loss and it figures into their weight loss to-date.

Kaylee 5.23% (2.98% - TBL, 2nd place)
Rulon 3.22%
Jay 2.57% (1.85% - TBL, 6th place)
Irene 2.48%
Olivia 2.33%
Austin 1.96%
Hannah 1.83%
Ken 1.62%

To date:

Irene 38.43%
Austin 36.87%
Rulon 36.50%
Olivia 35.63%
Ken 35.54%
Hannah 35.08%
Jay 33.75%
Kaylee 30.04%

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

I love that I get to start the thresd this week!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 11, Episode 16 Tummy 04-20-11 1
 RE: Season 11, Episode 16 samboohoo 04-20-11 2
 RE: Season 11, Episode 16 jbug 04-20-11 3
 More stats: how much weight do they... udg 04-20-11 4
   RE: More stats: how much weight do ... grit 04-21-11 5
       RE: More stats: how much weight do ... udg 04-21-11 6
   Still more stats: Women vs men.... udg 04-22-11 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-20-11, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 11, Episode 16"
I love how interactive everyone is this season, the contestants, the trainers and even Ali.

I don't think they miscalculated on Rulon because the had a camera ready for that shot. But I don't think it's a safe practice!

I was ok with either going. Ken kind of gets on my nerves and Hannah's so close to goal.

That must have been some family emergency for Jillian to leave New Zealand.

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-11, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 11, Episode 16"
I haven't watched it all yet. I'm glad you got to watch it live. I started to watch but then had to watch Season Finale of Parenthood live.

One note about the gain. This is the first year TBL hasn't counted the gain. I for one am happy. While yes, it's still a loss, most of the time the gain was water, and it wasn't a true gain. I was actually irritated for a moment when I saw Kaylee's weight loss because I didn't think they had deducted her gain last week.

I understand true weight gains, but there aren't too many on this show.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-11, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 11, Episode 16"
I love that I get to start the thresd this week! I love it too!
& I too hate the way they edit the weigh ins. Production has to know that by now we are all onto their little fun; & it's not fun any more. They keep doing this like they think we're all too stoopid to know it's all edited.

This is interesting....
Olivia 35.63%
Hannah 35.08%
Sisters having lost almost the same percentage overall.

I'm glad Ken stood up for himself and tried to get them to let him stay instead of giving in to the spoiled girls.

I'm disappointed that they sent Ken home. Their 'talk' all said it was because of formed friendship, blah blah blah.
But really, don't you think it was because Hannah would be more likely to fall below again next week; whereas Ken might be more likely to have a good week next week?
Game - yep.

All the men still have a goodly amount of weight to lose; but all the women left are pretty close to their goal. With 3 - or is it 4 - more weeks, how much more can they really lose?

I was rooting for Rulon to win the water ride challenge.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-20-11, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "More stats: how much weight do they have left to lose?"
It's a bit deceptive seeing the contestants, because they look so much better than they used to, but Hannah and Olivia both just *barely* crossed the threshold for a "normal" BMI (24.9) this week. Neither of them is thin, and both of them have the potential to lose a lot more.

Contestant * Height * Possible weight left
Hannah 5'8" 35
Olivia 5'9" 39
Irene 5'4" 43
Kaylee 5'5" 46
Austin 6'1" 98
Ken 5'10" 99
Jay 5'11" 119
Rulon 6'2" 146

Current BMIs:
Hannah 24.50
Olivia 24.80
Irene 26.90
Kaylee 27.10
Austin 33.00
Ken 34.90
Jay 37.00
Rulon 38.60

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
Based on the charts here and calculator here. Contestant heights from Wikipedia. I used the "small frame" numbers to be consistent, even though some of the contestants are definitely "big boned".

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-21-11, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: More stats: how much weight do they have left to lose?"
Mwah! Ha! Ha! I've converted another viewer into a statistician!

I'm glad you looked at their weight loss from the perspective of BMI. I find it interesting that Irene has a highter BMI than Hannah & Olivia because she's carrying the weight differently. I think she looks better than the 2 sisters.

And your numbers confirm what I think we all knew - the guys still have more weight to lose than the girls. Which also begs the question: The winner is decided by total percentage of weight lost. If these guys have a lot more weight to lose than the girls, can a girl even win this season?

I got sliced!

04-21-11, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: More stats: how much weight do they have left to lose?"
If these guys have a lot more weight to lose than the girls, can a girl even win this season?

I've been pondering that question. I may crunch some more numbers later if I have time.

04-22-11, 02:53 AM (EST)
7. "Still more stats: Women vs men...."
Of the four women remaining, Irene started out with the highest BMI (43.8) and Hannah with the lowest (37.7). If they both hit their lowest "idea body weight" (based on generic BMI charts and the assumption that they're both "small framed"), Irene will weigh 114 lb, having lost 141 lb for a total percentage of weight loss of 55.29%, and Hannah will be at 126 lb, having lost 122 lb, which is 49.19%.

To beat Irene, if she maxes out, here are the boys' stats:
Contestant, End Weight, Total Loss, End BMI
Rulon, 212, 262, 27.2
Jay, 179, 221, 25
Ken, 169, 208, 24.2
Austin, 177, 218, 23.3

To beat Hannah, if she maxes out, here are the boys' stats:
Contestant, End Weight, Total Loss, End BMI
Rulon, 237, 237, 30.4
Jay, 200, 200, 27.9
Ken, 188, 189, 27
Austin, 198, 198, 26.1

I don't know what the final BMIs for previous winners have been, but based on these numbers, I don't see any way for Hannah to win the title. The remaining boys could beat her percentage even while remaining officially "overweight" (i.e., BMIs over 25). Irene stands a better chance. Getting down to 177 would be pretty impressive for Austin (#2 on the ranch so far), but it certainly seems doable. Rulon (3rd place overall) would only have to get down to 212 to beat Irene's hypothetical maximum weight loss.

Overall, I don't foresee a woman winning this season. I'm also going to recheck this thread before watching the finale.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •