The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 11 Ep 4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-11, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 11 Ep 4"
Here, I opened it up.
now ya'll talk!

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 11 Ep 4 samboohoo 01-26-11 1
   RE: Season 11 Ep 4 Tummy 01-26-11 5
   RE: Season 11 Ep 4 featherfish81 01-30-11 11
 RE: Season 11 Ep 4 grit 01-26-11 2
   RE: Season 11 Ep 4 jbug 01-26-11 3
       RE: Season 11 Ep 4 grit 01-26-11 4
           RE: Season 11 Ep 4 JessicaRN 01-27-11 8
 RE: Season 11 Ep 4 Cyndimaus 01-26-11 6
   RE: Season 11 Ep 4 Flowerpower 01-27-11 7
       RE: Season 11 Ep 4 JessicaRN 01-27-11 9
   RE: Season 11 Ep 4 featherfish81 01-30-11 12
 RE: Season 11 Ep 4 susang 01-28-11 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-11, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
I think I would have rather had a week off than to have no weigh-in. Interesting dynamics within the two teams. I'm glad the Unknowns embraced the Green Team. I agree with whomever said they didn't want to go over there because of being egged the week before.

I think the Unknowns are in for a rude awakening when they return to the Ranch and find that they will not be waited on and cooked for, etc. I think it will also be interesting to see four trainers in one gym. Hmmmm.

Next week the preview shows a 6 pound gain with the person going from 280 to 286. Based on Bob's comment, it makes you think it's going to be Don. I went back to the beginnig of the episode and froze it when they showed Black's 9 pound gain. Don did weigh 280 before gaining the 9, so I'm not sure if it's Don or not, but I don't know who else weighed 280. Could they make him go back to the 280 as a twist or a fix to avoid contestants watering up?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-26-11, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
Me too! I didn't like the 'to be continued'.

I told Rob I would have volunteered to go - but I've watched too much Survivor. When the "unknowns that are now known" comes back to the Ranch and eliminations start the "utank" are going to have a tighter bond with the Green team and they're going to have the numbers to pick off the Ranchers, so that could possibly be Green's saving grace.

Don keeps saying how he's already starting in the hole, so I'm assuming he knows about the "twist" and realizes he has to lose that 9 lbs plus an additional amount.

The new trainers seem much more engaged and interactive with their contestants. I like that.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-30-11, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
They do measure it from what you weighed before you gained the weight. It's to prevent people from watering up when they have immunity so that they'll lose a lot the next week, because I'm pretty sure that happened once.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-26-11, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
It was an interesting episode. I still hate how the producers are playing up the "us vs. them" angle. I still think that will backfire. It was nice to see how the "unknowns" warmly welcomed the green team and made them part of their family. I think the green team truly felt bad when they didn't win the reward.

There is definitely a difference in the dynamics at each house. The "unknowns" seem to be a much tighter group. They're more like a family and there is a closeness that seems to be missing at the Ranch. They willingly chose the unknown trainers because they wanted the full 4 weeks to really kick-start their weight loss. None of them seemed to choose the unknown ranch as a way of sitting on their butts and resting on their immunity for 4 weeks. Every one of them seems to be fighting harder than the teams on the Ranch.

I think the boxing is a great idea. It's an emotional release and it's symbolic of the fight that they are going through. Bob & Jillian had to force Don to express his feelings in the gym. The "unknowns" are letting their emotions out every time they step in the boxing ring.

The teams on the Ranch seem offended that the other teams chose unknown trainers over Bob & Jillian. But the teams that chose Bob & Jillian don't seem to be working as hard. Maybe it's because they feel that Bob & Jillian have the magic pill that will cause them to lose the weight. They haven't invested themselves into the process. They expect Bob & Jillian to be the ones who will bring about the changes.

I also think it might be Don who gains the 6 pounds. Based on Bob's comments it has to be someone at the Ranch, not one of the "unknowns".

It will be really interesting to see everyone all together at the ranch. I'm pretty excited for the next couple of episodes.

It's a capn2patch original

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-11, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
force Don to express his feelings in the gym.

Don's "temper" didn't seem real; sounded to me like he was reading from a script - or - in other words - just mouthing the words that he thought Jillian wanted to hear...

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-26-11, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
Yeah, I thought it was fake too. He's got some serious control issues. He's really buttoned up emotionally. That's probably contributed to his weight problem.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-27-11, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
I agree that sometimes, Jillian thinks that there has to be some huge emotional breakthrough, but that one just seemed forced. If loosing his son wasn't enough of an incentive, then being forced to have a temper tantrum in front of everyone is not going to do it.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-26-11, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
Do you think the "unknowns" will be at a disadvantage once they're on the ranch and having to prepare their own food? I would think it would be harder for them since they haven't had to get in and do it themselves for their main meals. One of them said how nice it was when they came in all tired to have meals ready for them. But when they go home they're going to come in all tired and have to prepare their own meals. Seems like it could come back to bite them in the end, especially if they get eliminated quickly before they have the chance to really get used to food prep.

Wish it hadn't been a "to be continued" episode. On the west coast the POTUS speech was already over. We started at our regular time. After Biggest Loser was over they went to local news (the Parenthood and then more local news)

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-11, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
I agree with those that feel there is a polarization going on of the two teams....and, I also worry that they will be pitted against each other for the remaining part of the season. I hope not. I have some faith though, because I have seen team based shows end up harmonious.

The biggest advantage I think the "unknowns" have in regard to their cohesiveness is that they have the yellow team. Rulon and his friend are real leaders, and because of their experiences in life, they are in and of themselves inspirational. The yellow team seem to take charge and the "unknowns" treat each other with regard and respect, and they challenge each other in a very supportive way. They make the other teams believe that they too can rise to the status as this Olympian. Rulon in a way, must validate all of the others....if it happened to him, the Olympian, it can darn well happen to us all. As they take this "journey" together, they all identify with Rulon, "the Olympian".

I also agree that the boxing is more conducive to letting out frustrations and venting...it must be incredibly liberating. I hope that Don will be around to get to try it. But, I have to say, I would be happy if he is the next to go....after the stunt he pulled with his brother, I don't know if he deserves to be there. And, I agree with the ranchers, their behavior does indeed affect them all. I sure hope he doesn't pull the "orange" girl down with him. I do think that Dan leaving will be better for Don. He's got alot to prove....to himself and to everyone.

I have to say, as an identical twin myself, I think it is pathologic that they have been in each others lives every single day. They share the same life really, same place to live, same job, etc. I think that they are too interdependent, and they need to realize that they are first individuals....they validate each other with their size, and neither are strong enough to do anything about it. I wish them well, but clearly, they have some inner issues that need to be resolved, and Bob and Jillian are fully aware of it.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-27-11, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
So I'm assuming that the unknowns have been at the Biggest Loser Resort that they are pushing. I also thing that the new trainers are a younger, hotter, and more enthusiastic version of Bob and Jillian.

Cracks me up that Bob and Jillian still seemed shocked by the twists and turns in the show.

Arthur is one of those that is going to drop huge amounts of weight and leave still having to lose a huge amount. I'm not sure that he is going to do well on his own.

I am finding this season more enjoyable than last, which was kind of forgettable, considering that it was not very long ago. Had to go remind myself who won. I only remember Frado and it is really just his name that I remember.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-30-11, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
I was wondering that, too. On the other hand, they get to focus on their weight loss in steps - first worrying just about exercising, then adding in preparing food (and cleaning), then doing it at home. I'm not sure if that will be a benefit or not.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-28-11, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 11 Ep 4"
As a group, I like these contestants better than last season's

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •