The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
" Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-25-09, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
" Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
Just to get started.
Good episode but a bit too much talking about the same things over and over and over and over.....

Someone explain how the vote happens again please? I forgot.

Back later.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... samboohoo 11-25-09 1
 RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... Estee 11-25-09 2
   RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... samboohoo 11-25-09 3
   RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... mom2bjm 11-25-09 4
       RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... samboohoo 11-25-09 5
   RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... MKitty 11-25-09 8
 RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... warp_core breach 11-25-09 6
   I'm just going to keep repeating th... Estee 11-25-09 7
 RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... nap_time 11-25-09 9
   RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... samboohoo 11-25-09 10
       RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... nap_time 11-25-09 11
           RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... Estee 11-25-09 12
           RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... 2curious 11-27-09 14
   RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... weltek 11-30-09 15
 By the numbers nap_time 11-25-09 13
 RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/2... featherfish81 12-01-09 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
I almost started this post but had a feeling you were already drafting something.

I'm not quite sure. I think the two that fall below the yellow line will go to America's vote for a Final 3, which didn't make sense to me since they kept talking like that was it.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
Good episode

Disagree: I feel like I overdosed on filler. At least fifteen percent of the episode was made up of older episodes, throw on another thirty percent in inspirational confessionals and scale speeches, take a point or two out for Jillian's mandatory commercial, throw some tape over our Special Guest Star's mouth at just the right moment, dump out the time stretch on the scale, remove all instant recaps -- after removing all desperate attempts to somehow find 96 minutes of material in this group, I've got the actual content at around eighteen. Congratulations: it's a half-hour show.

Y'know what I did during this episode? Read a book with the TV on in the background, because I could go through whole chapters without missing a thing. This was the show where the artificial ingredients ran away with the meat and beat it to death in a dark corner. Watch the show? Sure -- all eighteen minutes worth of it. The rest could not only be safely ignored, but not paying attention was better for my health. There's no nutrition in filler. You may think you're getting full, but your body is starving. And in this case, the brain joins in.

NBC keeps stretching out the episodes because they're trying to take the title of Cheapest Network Ever and making these as long as possible means that much less extra programming to pay for. But they're stretching too far -- and at some point, the audience is going to break in half.

11-25-09, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
Agree.

The only thing I enjoyed is seeing them Day 1 vs. Today in their workouts.

I also am fine though with this final five. They are all likeable, and that makes it enjoyable.

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-25-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
I agree - got up and left the room several times, without feeling I was missing anything... just lots of re-crap and pre-crap going on...

Will be interested to watch tonights Where Are They Now episode!

11-25-09, 11:15 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
Me too. I wonder who Bob was talking to. It must either be Eric from Season 3 or that guy from Season 1.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-25-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
Yup, agreed. I can no longer watch this show live and now never do..thank gawd for my PVR....as I speed through much of it.

My bet is that Eric Chopin will be featured as one who gained it all back..as he has already "outed" his fat-again self on Oprah last year, but it could be some other previous contestants as well as I recall reading about somebody else who put back on 90 pounds...

Tribe manga'd my mug

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-25-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
I was doing laundry and checking my email and putting my kid to bed while I had the show on. I actually turned it on at 8:00, which I normally don't do, but ended up doing the above until the weigh-in. There's no reason why this show has to be two hours long!

A Tribe-ulous Holiday Creation

11-25-09, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm just going to keep repeating this."
NBC: We're Cheap And It's Paid For.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-25-09, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
Agree with everyone about how they dragged out the show last night. But it worked out rather well for me. We are visiting the MIL and neither she nor my husband (who normally is at Boy Scouts on Tuesday nights) have seen BL. SOO... they really got to see what the contestants looked like at the beginning and how far they have come in 11 weeks.

I was disappointed in the financial segment... Dave Ramsey would have done such a better job. Plus...they didn't give the viewers much information about how to be finacially fit. But they don't give us much on healthy eating either, (Unless you count the quick trainer tips or the food product placement.)

There was one thing that really caught my attention, and that was the scene between Amanda and Bob. She has a major BOBcrush and I can't help but wonder if he doesn't have some feelings for her as well....I was joking with my sister (via text) about the letter she wrote him... wondered if it said Do you like me, check yes or no. LOL

I couldn't believe the numbers that Danny pulled off last night. 11 weeks into this and he is still pulling double digits. He made me cry again last night when he was talking about his wife and how she hadn't signed up for a 400 lbs. Danny. I hope he is successful in keeping the weight off for good this time.

I was proud of Amanda's vote last night. She could have game played and taken the easy way out, but took on the challenge. I don't know if Liz is that big of a threat..haven't looked at the numbers yet. And at least Rudy kept any nasty comments to himself tonight. I really don't like him anymore.

I believe that the way they will do the voting is that next week they will weigh in one more time. The two that fall below the yellow line will be up for voting. American will decide like last year which one will go to the finale in the final three and the other will compete with the at home group.

Can't wait for tonight's show. I want to see all the past contestants. Did anyone else get the feeling from the previews that Bob is going to do some intervention on the past contestant who gained the weight back??

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

~Thanks Agman..couldn't have done it without you. ~

11-25-09, 02:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
I agree with you about Bob and Amanda. LOL at the check box. When I saw her take him outside and then him saying what he said, I was caught off guard and thought something was about to happen.

11-25-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
I wondered if there wasn't a kiss that we missed because of the commerical break. LOL
OK...so I'm a romantic..sorry!

11-25-09, 03:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
I keep wondering if Bob would believe this many people think he's heterosexual.

He loves her like a sister -- and that's all, folks.

2curious 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-27-09, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 2curious Click to send private message to 2curious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
You do know he's gay, right? I love Bob and think he's a doll, but he does not like her THAT way

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-09, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
LOL re: Bob & Amanda's note. *gigglesnort*

-A Tribetastic Creation

11-25-09, 03:41 PM (EST)
13. "By the numbers"
Ok... since I am bored. (still at MIL, LOL) I decided to play with some numbers and see what I could figure out.

Using the numbers from the height/weight chart for a medium boned person, these are the numbers I came up with...

Amanda at 5'6" should weigh 130. To do this she would need to lose a total of 120 lbs, which would put her at 48%.

Danny at 5'11" should weigh 172. To do this he would need to lose a total of 258, which would put him at 60%.

Liz at 5'7" should weigh 135. To do this she would need to lose 132, which would put her at 49%.

Rudy at 6'4" should weigh 202. To do this he would need to lose 240, which would put him at 54%.

So.....to stay in the healthy reams of weight loss... Danny could lose the highest percentage and win.

Of course, we have seen contestants go below what is "healthy normal weight" to win the contest... so it still is anyone's game.

Any thoughts?

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-01-09, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 8: Episode 11 - 11/24/09"
A little late to the party, but that's what happens when NBC doesn't post the video for a week.

I agree on lots of filler. Unfortunately it's harder to fast forward online, so I had to end up watching the whole thing. The football challenge was cool, but I could have done without the Suze Orman bit. It just seemed a little forced.

I know it was silly, but the mascot thing at the end made me laugh, especially when it showed us it's love handles.

Also, does anyone know where I can see the Where Are They Now special from Wednesday? I'm not sure NBC is going to put it on its website.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •