The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-23-05, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
Just watched tonight's episode and thought it was pretty good. Enjoyed learning more about the secret of the new neighbors. Sounds like Caleb (I think that's what his name was) killed that girl in Chicago, and I am assuming he is probably Matthew's brother. It will be interesting to see where this storyline takes us in the future.

As for Susan, I even thought she was a bit more enjoyable to watch tonight. She didn't seem to make quite as many dumb moves for a change. I also liked the fact that we finally saw all the housewives together again for some much needed cards. Am glad Edie is now joining them as it adds a bit of comic relief to the group.

As for the previews I just can't even think about Bree's storyline. I love Bree, but for her to get involved with that repulsive pharmacist just makes me want to gag. Ugh! I hope we don't have to endure watching that for too long.

So, what did you guys think of tonight's show?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion Rhyn 10-24-05 1
 RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion samboohoo 10-24-05 2
 RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion frisky 10-24-05 3
   RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion jkokoj 10-24-05 4
   RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion StarryLuna 10-24-05 6
   RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion samboohoo 10-27-05 12
 RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion shabalaba 10-24-05 5
   RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion frisky 10-24-05 7
       RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion northernlights 10-26-05 8
 RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion KScott 10-27-05 9
   Good Rhyn 10-27-05 10
       RE: Good jkokoj 10-27-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-05, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
Lynette's story line expanded a little from guilt to job-security, Bree raging was brilliant, all the women together (not once, but twice, when Lynette joined them at the cemetary) and a toned down Susan made this the best episode of the season.

We had mystery again, with the "Paul's return" cliffhanger. We had a shocking revelation in Betty's story.

This episode was a million times better than some that have come before it recently, but look how much interest has dwindled... too little, too late?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
I agree with you, bdemoney. Pretty much on everything. Poor Bree. I do love to see her in a fit of rage.

I wonder what is behind Caleb's story. Meaning, I wonder if there was any truth to what Betty was saying to the shrink about her abusive husband. So far, it doesn't appear if this is a "birth" issue or the result of something that happened to him at the hands of his father. Matthew referred to him as being "slow" I think.

Nutzy skeered me

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
Things that bugged me:

Gabrielle's ultrasound picture. Is the the end of my "Gabby isn't really pregnant" theory? I'm suspicious as to why we don't get to see someone as princessy as Gabby going through the ultrasound, having to hold in all that pee, and having the cold gloop glopped onto her belly.

The music. I've figured out that this is what bugs me the most about the show. That plucky, quirky music that they usually play during Susan's plucky, quirky scenes wasn't in her scenes this time. Instead, it was in one of the Gabby/Carlos scenes. It makes me squirm.

Things that made me go "hmmmm...":

Remember the good cop/bad cop scene where the good cop stuck up for Bree, and before she left she thanked him, then she glared at the "bad cop" and he gave her a look and I thought "those two are gonna do each other before the season is out."

So, mark my words, Bree will be doing the bad cop from that scene before the season is out. George will have a fit, poison the cop, and the "good cop" who tried to get Bree to confess in the morgue will pin it on Bree. Geez, this thing writes itself!!

The package. What was in the package that was mistakenly delivered to Betty? What was in the package that the kooky mailman put in Paul's mail? Will the letter that was mailed to the Chicago police be difficult to trace because of the kooky mailman?

Susan was a little more low-key, but I don't understand where this Lonnie guy came from and why. I mean, his story came and went in one episode. Why?

The "hot" new lawyer sounds like he's trying to do a Charlie Sheen impression. A bad one.

Things I liked:

Woohoo!! Felicity Huffman can boogy!! I wanna put on...my my my my my boogy shoes! I loved the "hold my purse!"

Carlos is dreamy. I'm starting to put Prison Orange on my list of fantasy "uniforms."

This morning there was a write up of the actor who played Caleb on CNN.com. I was happy to see it, because the buildup of Caleb escaping the basement and running up the stairs to escape, and then the look on that guy's face when he stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Matthew talking about execution...I swear it was the face of my five-year-old son when he's in trouble. That was a great scene. I hope we see more of this Caleb guy.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
That was a good summary Frisky!!

I like the Caleb story line, lots of potential.

Really am disliking Susan's story line.

Edie was a hoot last night, I love how she does not hold back the punches.

Bree was also excellant, so glad to see her let it loose!

I like the new lawyer, Gabby has her work cut out for her.

And, finally, the best was Lynette. I was really glad she put the lady in her place, talk about reverse discrimination! LOL

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-24-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
I agree on the scene with Caleb coming up the stairs. I actually rewound the TiVo just to watch the look on his face. Very powerful scene. I'm glad something is finally moving forward with that storyline.

Luna's Eclipses

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
I think I'm gonna just start waiting for you to post and then agree with everything you say.

Also, there's a story about Caleb in this week's People. I haven't read it yet. I'm still on the People from 2 weeks ago. And, I think in that one there is something from Alfre indicating that people are not going to like her character.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-24-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
How 'bout the group therapy scene with Gabby and Carlos? I loved that scene. Gabby had me laughing out loud!!!
"You beat your wife so you're not exactly in a position to gasp at me!"
"Back off Lisa or I'll go over there and backhand you myself!"
and the wife at the end: "do you have ANY idea what kinda problem we have?" insinuating about her possibly gay hubby!
Funny stuff!

I did find it odd though that Rex has just passed away and Bree has already sent Andrew away again...feuling the fire of anger inside of him I'm sure. And Danielle was gone too. Just seems weird that after a death they go their seperate ways so fast.

Also, I totally loved the way the lawyer fessed up to carlos and then explained why he couldn't fire him. Priceless! Carlos really liked that as I'll bet he probably saw shades of himself.

Great episode...we'd been waiting for this for so long!

But I echo what a previous poster said...too little too late? Where are all the other posters at this thread??? Well as for me, I'm still hooked and can't wait to see what develops this season. I'm surprised they revealed as much as they did about the Betty storyline. I think Caleb is Betty's other son.

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-05, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
Yep, looks like it's just us diehards.

Last night's ep was almost as if the producers read the boards, called all the cast together and did a quick re-shoot of the rest of the season.

But I also felt that some things were happening too quickly. After all the stretched-out mystery, Betty's storyline kind of exploded last night. Bree's story is going at a better pace.

As I said above, the Lonnie in-Lonnie out story was quick and felt out of place, like it was just filler. Susan had this great agent who was there during all the important happenings in her life and was one of her dearest friends, yet we're just meeting him now? C'mon!

I remember when I first started watching the show "Providence" when it first started, and it was pretty good. Then, about half the season in, it really started to blow! Suddenly, they were winding everything up so fast, and it all seemed so contrived and unrealistic. I realize DH is supposed to be satire, but satire can fall flat if it's contrived. Look at the last few seasons of the Simpson's.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
Last night's ep was almost as if the producers read the boards, called all the cast together and did a quick re-shoot of the rest of the season.

LOL Frisky, the exact same thought went through my head as I finally had a chance to watch my tape last night. I was at a Blue Rodeo concert on Sunday night and my sweetheart Jim Cuddy sang Bulletproof directly to me.

I also felt the same way about Betty's story exploding. Sheesh, they give us crumbs for weeks and then all of a sudden we've got a whole loaf of bread!

Gabby's nervous laugh when the lawyer told Carlos what he planned to do with her almost made me pee my pants. And the marriage counselling stuff was hilarious.

Loved the bar scenes with Lynette. Reminded me of the time that Felicity was on Oprah as a back up singer for Tina Turner. All mr lights could say was "She's hot!"

So you were the other Providence fan huh? And here I thought I was the only one.

Why did I think of Whoville while watching the show last night? *grin*

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-27-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 2, Episode 5 discussion"
Sounds like we're not the only ones who want the Housewives to spend more time together..

BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- You can count Marcia Cross among the fans of "Desperate Housewives" who want the characters' stories to connect again.

"I think it would be nice if we start spending a little more time together," said Cross, who plays Bree on the hit ABC series.

"I think in the first few episodes (of the second season) we weren't, but that wasn't anything sort of set in stone, it's just sometimes things just evolve," the 43-year-old actress told AP Radio recently.

Cross said there are scenes that haven't aired yet, and she's not worried about the backlash from viewers and critics.

"You know what, with a show that's successful that's bound to happen, so it'll pass," she said

A Phoenix Mons original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Good"
It's nice that people on or involved with the show recognize that it's been lacking that interaction. I count that a positive.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-27-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Good"
Me too! I like the new developments but the interaction between the housewives really make it all come together.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •