The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Desperate Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Not sure if it's me or not, but to me, there is something missing this season. Something is lacking. I've said before that I keep feeling like someone is missing.

Anyway, on to the discussion:

So, Betty made the comment about listening to all of that banging and rattling being "her" punishment. When she went to the doctor and told him about not sleeping and how her husband was abusive, she told him her younger son died. So I thought that she was referring to this as being the reason she is being punished -- that she didn't protect her son. However, I am left with the impression that she is lying. It appears that she just wanted the sleeping pills for whoever is down in the basement.

I didn't think I was going to like the direction the Lynette story is taking, but that rat incident was just too darn funny.

Gabby is going to wind up broke, again.

And blah to Susan. It was funny when she caused the paperboy to wreck and when she ran over Edie, but I really don't care about her relationship with Mike right now.

Nutzy skeered me

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion simi1001 10-03-05 1
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion KScott 10-03-05 2
   RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion samboohoo 10-03-05 3
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion shabalaba 10-03-05 6
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion sisyphus 10-03-05 4
   RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion shabalaba 10-03-05 7
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion samboohoo 10-03-05 14
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion Bucky Katt 10-03-05 5
   RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion bdemoney 10-03-05 8
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion bystander 10-03-05 9
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion buckeyegirl 10-03-05 10
   RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion bdemoney 10-03-05 11
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion shabalaba 10-03-05 12
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion bystander 10-03-05 13
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion Rhyn 10-05-05 20
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion DontGetMeStarted 10-03-05 15
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion GeorjiB 10-03-05 16
   RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion skeetergirl87 10-04-05 18
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion frisky 10-04-05 17
   RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion shabalaba 10-04-05 19
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion samboohoo 10-05-05 22
           RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion KScott 10-05-05 23
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion simi1001 10-07-05 24
           RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion KScott 10-08-05 25
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion Rhyn 10-05-05 21
 RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion Sahara 10-08-05 26
   RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion KScott 10-09-05 27
       RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion Sahara 10-09-05 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

simi1001 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-03-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail simi1001 Click to send private message to simi1001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I agree that something is missing. Maybe because there are hardly any men involved this time? I was actually glad when George turned up. I think Bree's story is the most interesting one. I don't care much for Susan at all, and that thing w/ Gabby...how much can you really do w/ the hubby being in prison.
I never cared much for Lynette, but it's getting better!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-03-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I love them all

Bree: smacking MIL across the face
Lynette: trying to desheet the bed and then bringing the rat into the house
Susan: the paper boy and Edie
Gabby: money money money and poor Carlos, getting beat up by his cell mate because of a boob job!

Betty: darker side, getting caught in her lie about the noise being her son, that was funny. Getting sleeping pills to quiet whoever was downstairs, do you really think the story she told was her story (to a certain extent) or just totally made up?

A Phoenix Mons original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

10-03-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Really hard to tell at the moment because I haven't seen enough of her character yet. I find it to be believable that she feels she is being punished if her child did in fact die. She could certainly get some sleeping pills OTC, so I just don't know yet. But at this point I'm inclined to think she's lying.

Nutzy skeered me

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-03-05, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I wholeheartedly believe she was making it up. He sole motive was to get that perscription for some strong sleeping pills. I found it very curious when she scolded her "son" (who by the way, we still don't know if in fact this is her son) for yelling down at the person in the basement. She said not to talk to him directly. Psychological games....what oh what is going on here?

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I don't like the turn susan's story is taking she is just too wishy washy for my taste....

Now bree's story is looking up....she will be accused/suspected of murdering Rex.....let see how that goes especially with the pharmacist in the picture...

Lynette was really funny with the mouse thing and trying to make the bed will tom was in it.....I was just waiting for her to open the other garbage bin and see another rat.....that would have been funnier.....BTW what ever happened to her twins...I di not see them last night or last week...

10-03-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"

I was just
>waiting for her to open
>the other garbage bin and
>see another rat

As she stood out by the trash bin talking to the dead rat, I thought either tom was going to come outside and overhear her and find out what she had done, or I thought perhaps he would find the box that the rat came in from the pet store. That would not have been good for lynette!

10-03-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I did think she would find a surprise from Tom.

Nutzy skeered me

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I think what is missing is the "wives" being together. They each have their own storyline, like last season, but they don't have that common thread of Mary Alice's suicide which made the storylines merge. Perhaps they will soon become suspicious of the "basement rattler" and we will see them attempt to uncover that mystery together.

It is a known fact that history has been systematically distorted by humans ever since the first slack-jawed, cracker magnon started spitting paint onto a cave wall.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I agree 100% Bucky! We used to see the girls all together playing cards, chatting, etc. This season they all just have their own separate storylines with none of them getting together anymore.

I mean Bree just lost her husband yet when Lynette ran into her it was like they were strangers. Granted Bree slapping her MIL across the face gave the scene some comic relief, but there is still that feeling that there should be something more...

I guess I feel as if all the characters have become a bit too one-dimensional for my taste. Perhaps we will get to see more depth to their characters eventually. Like maybe Bree allowing herself to cry for a change or Susan being a bit down-to-earth for once (instead of so flighty all the time), or, who knows, maybe even Gabby could care about something besides money and men for a change.

Speaking of which, does anyone think that the writers are actually going to let her go through with carrying the baby to full term? I don't think that would fit with her character's storyline at all. How could she continue to be so consumed with money and men while pregnant or a single mom?

Lastly, I am intriqued by the new storyline of the man in the basement. I am curious to see if he does turn out to be her estranged husband/Matthew's father or not. Also would like to find out if her story to the shrink had any truth to it at all. Obviously she just wanted the meds, but sometimes telling a story that's close to the truth is easier than making one up. Who knows?!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-03-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
So if this guy is chained up in the basement, and they bring him his food everyday, why isn't he yelling and screaming? He is eating. Since I didn't see a blender and a feeding tube I'm guessing he's chewing and swallowing. So, why don't we hear him?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
For some reason, I was bored by the whole episode, and not even the banging intrigued me. I had to force myself to watch the entire episode. I want to scream at everyone to suspect the pharmacist (sp) already, regarding Rex's death. I also miss the housewives getting together, and I miss the hot gardner guy.

An ARnutz!

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Here is a semi-spoiler regarding Bree this season that I came across. Am just posting the link to it, in case some people reading this thread don't want to see or know events to come.

If you'd like to view the info, go to....
http://www.celebrityspider.com/news/september05/article093005-14.html

10-03-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Ooooh! That sounds JUICY!!!! What could the son possibly say or do that could be that hideous???? Let the speculation begin!

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-03-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Cool, can't wait to see that happen.

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
He's said what he is going to have young Andrew do...

I posted it here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID78/102.shtml#2

if anyone wants to know more.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-03-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I think they jumped the shark when they went on that 5 week 'break' of showing new episodes when the frezny hit last season. I personally lost alot of interest in the show because I felt so jipped.... maybe they are just having a slow start but I kept predicting what was going to happen last night... and that's no fun when you 'do' want a surprize~!

GeorjiB 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-03-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorjiB Click to send private message to GeorjiB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Isn't this how they build suspense? I know they're not "showing" all their cards but that's how they get us all going! I'm really happy with the show so far!

I almost peed my pants at the first part with the paperboy! The old lady was so cute when she gave Susan the thumbs up! HAA HAA HAA!!

I was sure that Lynette was going to be caught. It was so funny!

And when Bree slapped her mil I was shocked, but cheering!

I just can't get over how much I enjoy this show! I'm a reality freak but Sunday is almost my favorite night now with Housewives and Grey's Anatomy!

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"

>I almost peed my pants at
>the first part with the
>paperboy! The old lady
>was so cute when she
>gave Susan the thumbs up!
> HAA HAA HAA!!
>

Did anyone else get a flashback to the move Better Off Dead with the paperboy chasing John Cusak all over town yelling, "I want my two dollars?" I love that movie!!

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
1. I don't think Gabrielle is pregnant. I think she did a home test and either did it wrong or got a false positive. It happens! This is going to get her in trouble with Carlos since she has presented him with a fake paternity test. She won't be able to tell him she was never pregnant, so she'll have to cook something up.

2. Susan's character sucks. It's like she's trying to be Lucille Ball or something. Slapstick + stoopid silly music + overacting by Teri Hatcher is not funny. I haven't found any of her scenes as funny as they want me to. I think they're stupid and I cringed through them.

3. I also cringed when Lynette was talking to the garbage can. That was dumb.

4. I know what I'M missing this season -- Rex. I miss the tension between him and Bree. His mother doesn't fill his shoes. I do love Bree, though. She's my favourite character.

5. Like Teri Hatcher, Nicolette Sheridan is overplaying her role.

6. We haven't seen much of the extended cast yet (Paul, Rex, Zach, the twins, Bree's kids, even Carlos, etc.) and not NEARLY enough of Mike, except when Susan is drooling and crying and whining.

7. The Bree storyline is moving WAY too slowly. It seems like they're going to drag this out.

8. I really like the character of Betty. I think that Alfre Woodard has that creepy neighbour look down pat, without overacting like some of the others do.

I was a big fan last season, but this show has to be really careful about getting too silly for it's own good. Poking a little fun at itself is fine, but downright silly and quirky is just silly and quirky.

The world is my litterbox.

10-04-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
>1. I don't think Gabrielle
>is pregnant.

Now THIS is an excellent theory. I could totally buy that. It would totally change things if she were to have a baby. I honestly think more trouble will be stirred upif she isn't prenant as Frisky pointed out: she'll have to explain herself to Carlos.

Definately puts a new spin on things....

10-05-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I can totally see her screwing up the pregnancy test. Perhaps she bought an ovulation test.

She'll come up with something off the wall and Carlos will buy it.

Nutzy skeered me

10-05-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Then she will have to come up with some story as to why the paternity test showed Carlos as daddy..

A Phoenix Mons original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

simi1001 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-07-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simi1001 Click to send private message to simi1001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
>1. I don't think Gabrielle
>is pregnant.

but she did have morning sickness. remember how she threw up in that car at the car dealership and at home as well?

10-08-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
Maybe she just had a touch of the flu...

A Phoenix Mons original

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
After watching some of the commentaries on the DVD, I have a new appreciation for Susan (well, for Teri Hatcher's ability as an actress, actually). It's made watching her, particularly in the second episode, far more bearable for me.

I love, love, love that Carl seems like he will be around more. I don't remember the actor's name, but listening to them explain how he (maybe Richard something? Bergi? Something like that) gets all fidgety and twitchy when he starts playing Carl is funny, and I like all the quirkiness of him. He's a fine actor, and I think he will add a lot to the cast.

I don't miss Rex. He and Bree were evil to one another and I cannot sit through another season of them at each other's throats. Once was enough. I know some of what's in store for her (I posted it in the DVD thread) and I think there is some great storylines on the books for her that will be super interesting. I am not as interested in Lynette's story (I really dislike the workplace set they use for her) but I haven't seen much of it, so we'll see. I am more interested in Tom's story, and how he assimilates into the women's group.

Also, didn't Tom worry over Lynette finding out some "secret" that would make her so mad, she would leave him in season one? That was never resolved, so I think we might see some of that this season, too.

The Applewhites teases aren't enough to fully interest me in their story yet, but I am enjoying them. I think they didn't a better job creating mystery and interest with the Paul and Zach Young story line in the first episode of the first season.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-05, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I have a question, because I can't remember. I thought that at the end of last season, when Betty moved in, that she had a man with her that I thought was her husband. I can even picture him in my head. Am I nuts? (Well, yes I am, but about this...)

10-09-05, 02:17 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
I think it was just her son because he came out of the house and shut the door when Edie was there. I never saw anyone else.

A Phoenix Mons original

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Season 2, Episode 2 Discussion"
That's so odd, I think my mind made up an older man, definitely not her son. They were moving in. Unless it was on the fake Desperate Housewives episode that was on Oprah...maybe that was it. I am sure you are right, because storywise, that would not make sense.

If you find my mind anywhere, since I seem to have lost it, please email it to me. It will be hard to spot, as it is very, very tiny. I would so appreciate it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •