The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summer Casting News"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-07-05, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summer Casting News"
Possible spoilers............................................well, we knew this first one, but it is confirmed with additional info, and we may get further leaks during the summer of new additions and, um, lost oldsters.

ABC confirmed Monday that Michelle Rodriguez will join Lost's cast of castaways full-time next season. The news was first reported by E! Online TV columnist Krisitin Veitch. (This story contains possible spoilers, so consider yourself alerted.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20050606/111809700000.html

font size="1" color="#FF0000"]Graciously supplied by RollDice(twice!)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Updates From Kristen Including Tina... Devious Weasel 06-08-05 1
   RE: Updates From Kristen Including ... dragonflies 06-08-05 4
 RE: Summer Casting News Lost 06-08-05 2
 Maggie Grace will be in X-Men III Lost 06-08-05 3
   RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men I... joannie 06-08-05 5
       RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men I... Lost 06-08-05 6
           RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men I... calamityc 06-09-05 7
               RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men I... Devious Weasel 06-09-05 8
 Jin Spoiler Stormy Valley 06-14-05 9
   Sayid not leaving Roo 06-14-05 10
 RE: Summer Casting News volsfan 06-14-05 11
   RE: Summer Casting News Silvergirl1 06-15-05 12
 LOST UPDATES Stormy Valley 06-15-05 13
   RE: LOST UPDATES calamityc 06-15-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-08-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Updates From Kristen Including Tina News"
For the record, I don't think this thread should be locked - I think it's an obvious thread for items like the following regarding casting only.

Some Casting stuff from Kristen's chat on Monday.

From charlie: Oh. Dear. God. Samuel L. Jackson is joining Lost? Did you hear?

I did see that on IMDb.com, along with the news that Tina Wesson (as in, Colby's right-hand gal on Survivor) would also appear in the second season premiere. Nearly pulled a Rex on that one! But thankfully, Lost honcho Damon Lindelof emailed back to my desperate plea for info, saying, "I also heard that Sam Jackson is starring in our season premiere. Fascinating stuff. And by fascinating, I mean 'completely untrue.' " Whew! Personally, I'll take Tara Reid on VM any day over a Survivor on Lost.

From mino: Saw the box on your column over the weekend--so, Michelle Rodriguez is official?

Sí. She's a series regular next season. Says Damon: "Michele's character (Ana-Lucia) will be as purposefully shrouded in mystery as humanly possible. I can only assume there will be significant hunger for her backstory, but as the flashbacks have become the stealth 'franchise' of the show, giving away anything about her would amount to a significant spoiler...But we know she was sitting in the back of the plane. And we also know she's on the show next year...So, draw your own conclusions. If I were a betting man, I'd say some of those tail-folk just might have survived." Did you hear that Rose? He's aliiive!

From mhs82: Mmmm...The article about Michelle Rodriguez joining Lost has changed since it was first posted. It originally said Naveen Andrews was not a happy player? Why is that? It's not like his movie opened at number four!

The article in our News section? An incorrect rumor was picked up all over the place--that JJ Abrams had done an interview with KROQ and said some crazy things, like that everyone on the raft would survive and that they were having issues with a main castmember. ABC called to let us know it was totally false. Apparently, JJ did not even do an interview with KROQ. So, if you read anything about that, please know it is completely untrue.

From vinnie: Please tell me the guy on Lost who is upset they're writing him off is not Sayid. Everyone's guessing him.

And honestly, I don't know why. Who even said it was a guy? Hmmm? Hmmm? I believe I only said that "a castmember" is upset he or she is getting written off in October and threatened not to come back at all unless he or she got full-season pay. And for now, sorry, but that's all I can say. But please don't assume it's a male.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Updates From Kristen Including Tina News"
said some crazy things, like that everyone on the raft would survive

Oh no!

Lost 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-08-05, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost Click to send private message to Lost Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Summer Casting News"
I posted this on the spoiler thread and will repeat here.

the spoiler from 6/2 on spoilerfix has been retracted

"We have removed a season two spoiler about an interview JJ supposedly did on KROQ radio in LA recently. The statements in that post were not true (and never stated by JJ) according to Lost's publicist. That particular spoiler should not be republished anywhere."

06-08-05, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lost Click to send private message to Lost Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Maggie Grace will be in X-Men III"
June 6, 2005 (SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- After weeks of speculation, 20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment officially announced ‘Lost’ actress Maggie Grace will co-star in the upcoming comic book action movie ‘X3’. In the third installment of the popular ‘X-Men’ movie series Grace will portray “Kitty Pryde”. Also known as “Shadowcat” in the comic books, Grace’s character possesses the mutant ability to walk through solid objects. Variety reports the film will start production in Canada this August and is targeted for a 2006 Memorial Day weekend premiere. It remains to be seen how this will affect her role as the spoiled “Shannon” on ‘Lost’. The Hawaii based castaway drama will also start filming its second season in August.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-08-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men III"
Well, I don't see how Maggie Grace can be filming in Canada and Hawaii AT THE SAME TIME. Maybe my dream will come true and they will kill off Shannon!

06-08-05, 09:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men III"
Maybe my
>dream will come true and
>they will kill off Shannon!
>

Amen, I second that!

06-09-05, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men III"
I'll make it 3. Shannon is easily the most dispensable character for me!
Graciously supplied by RollDice(twice!)

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Maggie Grace will be in X-Men III"
It's interesting because word in the comic book world was that Grace was not going to be cast because the folks at Lost would not let her out of her contract.

I can't believe they won't start shooting Lost until August - they have to be going earlier than that. If they start in July, that gives time to film a few Shannon episodes, then kill her in October.

That news also makes this quote from Damon Lindelof more interesting:

People can only track so many characters, and we can't do what 24 does, which is bring them in for six or eight-episode arcs because the actors need to live in Hawaii. And with an actor on our show, we need to have them locked down, because how do you get them off the island if they get a movie? We don't have a lot of malleability, so big, epic sorts of series decisions have to be made at the beginning of each season, and you're just sort of married to them.

Stormy Valley 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-14-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Valley Click to send private message to Stormy%20Valley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Jin Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-05 AT 00:45 AM (EST)

From acerp: Olá from Portugal! Do you know if Mira Furlan (Danielle Rousseau) on Lost will become a regular next season? She's doing such a great job performing as the French chick!

Oi! Eu no se. I believe she will be back but, so far, no full-season contract.

From mandarinpurple: But what about the Riddle?! Please say Jin is alive!

Jin is alive! And I hear he's getting an ever bigger part next season. Wahooo!

From anonymous: I read an article that said we may have a clue to the Others if, in the finale, we take a look at the two younger guys in the boat of men that stole Walt. I'll see what that yields.

Thanks, Deep Throat. Interesting. I'm actually fairly certain those men were twins, which leads my mind to wonder whether the Others are making Francinator-like clones, or casting for a Double Mint commercial. Both totally viable.

As read here.

Edited because I forgot to list one of the spoilers.
Handcrafted by Syren

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-14-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Sayid not leaving "
one final note to those of you freaking out that Naveen Andrews is going to be written off: I really don't think Sayid dies. That is not the cast member I was talking about who's getting written off around October. Source: Kristin on E!Online

Handcrafted by RollDdice

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-05, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Summer Casting News"
spoilerfix is reporting that Sawyer, Jin and Sayid are safe. Interesting.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-05, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Summer Casting News"

What? No Michael?

Silvergirl

Life is Good!

Stormy Valley 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-15-05, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Valley Click to send private message to Stormy%20Valley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "LOST UPDATES"
LOST UPDATES

6/14/05 - First Episode of Season 2

According to the Lost Countdown website (http://www.geocities.com/bowling244/) the first episode of season two will air on October 5th.

6/14/05 - Spoilers From The Convention

From The L.A. Times

- One audience member shouted, "Don't kill Sawyer". Executive producer Damon Lindelof replied, "We won't. But he did get shot, which means his shirt will be off in a future episode."

- "The plane did not crash by accident," Lindelof told the crowd. "It crashed for a very specific reason." But he dismissed speculation that someone aboard the plane caused the crash. "I will tell you today that is not the case." He also promised, "Season 2 is gonna get weird", though he and other writers promised the mysteries wouldn't drag on as long as 'The X Files' which ran nine seasons.

- What's inside the mysterious hatch will be interesting, but not as interesting as the effect it has on the John Locke character.

- The rear section of the plane, and additional survivors, will be discovered during the second season.

- The people who kidnapped Walt are the "others".

6/14/05 - 'Lost' In Monte Carlo

Cast members from 'Lost' will take part in the 45th annual Monte Carlo Television Festival from June 26 to July 1. Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly and Dominic Monaghan will be attending.

6/14/05 - Deleted Scene From Season Finale

From Inside TV - Arzt, so frightened by the monster that he's wet himself, offers Hurley a pompous explanation about how, you know, that's what one predator does to another to throw them off the scent.

6/14/05 - During The Hiatus

From TV Guide

Josh Holloway is in Vancouver filming "Whisper." He's playing a kidnapper whose victim turns out to be a bad seed. Ian Somerhalder is in Romania filming "Pulse" about a deadly force trapped inside a website. Maggie Grace is in Vancouver filming Rupert Wainwright's remake of "The Fog". And finally, Daniel Dae Kim is in "The Cave."

6/12/05 - 'X-Files' Meets 'Lost'

From The Chicago Tribune

'X-Files' fans... still grumble about the way the show wrapped up, especially in its waning years that followed the departure of star and series linchpin Duchovny. But after so many questions raised, so many twists and turns of the mythology, a tidy conclusion was all but impossible. TV watchers may currently sense a similar situation in the mysterious 'Lost', the finale of which angered viewers by failing to answer any of the many questions raised during its first season. While his travels have kept him from following 'Lost' in detail, Carter has a few words of advice, drawn from his own experiences. "I'm a big fan of 'Lost' and 'Alias' creator J.J. Abrams" Carter says. "I think he's really creative, and I'm a big fan of what he does. But I know there are pits to fall into, and you've got to avoid them every step of the way. It takes a lot of thought and gut instinct. I can tell you that with mythology shows, if you stumble, you fall."

Handcrafted by Syren

06-15-05, 03:28 AM (EST)
14. "RE: LOST UPDATES"
Thanks for collecting all the info--but October 5th is way too long to wait!

Graciously supplied by RollDice(twice!)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •