The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43860 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 07:01 AM (EST)

Looks like it will be pre-empted in a lot of media markets based on this http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Board=bbnewsandrumors&Number=4014839

Hopefully someone will be able to see it and update all us poor suckers.

Finally BB does something interesting, live even, and preseason games that don't matter take over.

*sigh*

They moved the thread try this link http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=bbnewsandrumors&Number=4028543&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Lasann 08-28-06 1
   RE: Thursday night's double evictio... nailbone 08-28-06 2
 RE: Thursday night's double evictio... RonReports 08-29-06 3
   RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Catherine 08-29-06 4
       RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Buggy 08-29-06 5
       RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Snidget 08-29-06 6
           RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Colonel Zoidberg 08-29-06 7
               RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Snidget 08-29-06 8
 RE: Thursday night's double evictio... AugustGirl 08-29-06 9
 RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Lasann 08-30-06 10
   RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Snidget 08-30-06 11
 RE: Thursday night's double evictio... Snidget 08-31-06 12
   RE: Thursday night's double evictio... MsBeaverhausn 08-31-06 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-28-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
That link provided some giggles. People saying that missing BB won't matter in the scheme of things. Missing a football game, preseason, and one of 1,000's broadcast over the season won't matter in the scheme of things either.

Hahrump - now I have another reason to HATE football and the football fanatics!

Fembots by Tribe:
L.O.J., One for all, all for Janelle!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
HEY!! I'm a football fanatic!!!

I don't like it either.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-29-06, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
>Looks like it will be pre-empted
>in a lot of media markets

CBS has more than one station in some media markets. It would be a UPN or CW station. It might carry Big Brother at the time that it would usually be shown. You can also contact your local CBS station to find out when you can see this episode. Sometimes they broadcast it on the same CBS station after midnight.

Catherine 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-29-06, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Catherine Click to send private message to Catherine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
The link doesn't work for me. Is it college football? Please say it is then I won't miss it.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
sorry NFL

I looked it up and I'm getting it on UPN , same time

08-29-06, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
They moved the thread over there, I put the new link in.

They have which alternatives there are for the show.

It's just when they have an exciting live show I actually like watching it live, but the DVR knows to record it even at 2 am. I don't get alternate CBS station here and CW/WB/etc is owned by other stations here.

It is pre-season profootball from what I understand. Some CBS stations end up having to cover a lot of these games in order to get the ones that they really want to show. (they you can get the contract for the big games if you agree to pre-empt half your schedule during football season to show all the stuff that really isn't as much of a deal).

What kills me in my media market is that it isn't that big a city and it doesn't have anything other than a couple of minor league teams in anything, but they are the ones that sell out to every sports team to show as many sports events as possible. I think if they could they would become an ESPN affiliate, but they can't do that so they just make deals with every pro sports team in a way that makes them have to show way too much of their CBS schedule at 2-4 am.

They always seem to choose the weeks I actually am looking forward to a show. Never the weeks I don't care

Colonel Zoidberg 3643 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
>the DVR knows to record
>it even at 2 am.

Don't always count on your DVR. Record things around BB just in case, because in my experience, my local CBS station likes to jerk me around. My DVR knew to record it the last time it was pre-empted, but I missed the seance because it didn't record it all. (I missed Kaysar's eviction, but I would rather have missed that; frankly, I didn't want to see it.)

08-29-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
Yep I already added the show before and after in case the football game goes into triple sudden overkill-time or something like that, or they start early for some bizarre reason.

Usually my station is pretty good about the 2-4 am slot, they have some local produced show they do that gets trimmed/expanded to make the times come out right.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
Yay! My local media market is airing BB on Thursday, not football. Tonight's episode is being delayed because of a baseball game, but I can live with that.

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J., One for all, all for Janelle!

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
Seriously, what will we do????

As it get closer the more pissed I get.

Do I sacrafice sleep and see it late at night? Do I wait until I get to work and watch it on CBS?

WTF will I do? What will you do?

It a Tribe original!!!

08-30-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
Read the East Coast Spoiler Thread Obsessively. {So you peeps you get the show better be typative--can't be talkative, I can't hear you--that night}

Let the DVR grab it at 2 am.

If it sounds really good, get up early and watch before work.

If it turns out to be deadly dull, watch it Friday night.

08-31-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
bump for those who haven't seen this yet.

MsBeaverhausn 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-06, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsBeaverhausn Click to send private message to MsBeaverhausn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thursday night's double eviction show pre-empted"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-06 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

Thank G-d for those sister stations. It saved me the hassle of missing several episodes because of Hurricane coverage, and is once again allowing me the honor of watching live tonight. Also I am blessed by the atmospheric conditons that if there is breaking news on the Miami affiliate that is carried by my cable operator that with rabbit ears I can get the West Palm Beach station without missing a beat.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •