The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The nuclear option."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-13, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The nuclear option."
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/insider-american-idol-axe-4-judges-part-massive-002433699.html

Boom.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The nuclear option. cahaya 05-09-13 1
   RE: The nuclear option. Estee 05-10-13 2
       RE: The nuclear option. Snidget 05-10-13 3
           RE: The nuclear option. Estee 05-10-13 4
               RE: The nuclear option. cahaya 05-13-13 5
                   RE: The nuclear option. Snidget 05-13-13 6
                   RE: The nuclear option. Agman2 02-27-15 21
 Seacrest set to return. Estee 05-14-13 7
 Nicki out. Estee 05-17-13 8
   RE: Nicki out. JessicaRN 05-17-13 9
       RE: Nicki out. Agman2 03-01-15 22
 Current rumor: all-alumni. Estee 05-23-13 10
 Jennifer supposedly in. Estee 05-24-13 11
 Mariah out cahaya 05-30-13 12
   Translation. Estee 05-31-13 13
   RE: Mariah out personofinterest 06-19-13 19
 Nine tour stops canceled: one move... Estee 06-03-13 14
   More toast... cahaya 06-04-13 15
       RE: More toast... Estee 06-04-13 16
           RE: More toast... cahaya 06-04-13 17
 Nigel officially fired. Estee 06-10-13 18
 Keith returning. Estee 08-02-13 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 19284 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-13, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The nuclear option."
Yo! Yo! Yo!

Dis show da dawg!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-10-13, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The nuclear option."
So as it turns out, a nuke will kill a cockroach. Or so it appears for now -- we thought he was out the door last year too and he managed to scurry back, so there's a chance for him (or rather, any last scared-of-change producer) to reverse this. But his being given the chance to hand out the illusion that it was his choice... with the news stories starting to fly, the network wants the partings to at least look amicable. Good luck getting Nicki to cooperate with that.

(Do you think his vocabulary is truly that weak, or was that just the only way he could think to start any statement in the world?)

I've written a few times on the season's falling ratings & interest: our own lack of discussion reflects that. But I don't think changing all four seats on the panel (including a possible drop to three) is going to fix things. I bowed out this year because the manipulation was too blatant, editing so heavy-handed that it slapped anyone who tried to see beneath. This was a year which created Worsters. (No joke: I watched the sea change for one person who came in to blast them -- then suddenly caught on to what the show was doing and joined the pack. It was like watching a dolphin turn into a shark.) This mass switchout -- reset button, or an attempt to get people in who can be used as puppets with more reliability than the current group? Are we moving back to a semi-open talent contest or heading all the way to purely scripted television? Because this season was 90% of the way towards the later instead of Simon's 68% or so -- and look what happened to the viewership.

Well, to be frank, most of those may have just been angry about the lack of WGWGs. Lowest common denominator..

We'll see who gets brought in and how many. But for now, the only changes I expect to see are strictly cosmetic.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-13, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The nuclear option."
I do think a good portion of the audience the last few years were the WGWG voting for older female.

Anything you do to youth it up or rig it so a female wins is going to alienate them and isn't likely in this market to bring in a lot of new viewers or bring back a lot of viewers.

I can't see them putting together a judge panel that would be more compelling than The Voice. You can hear better singers on other shows. Improving the quality of the train wrecks. Hard to get much wreckier than than they are now, or more original given the number they have run through.

I deleted a bunch off the DVR without watching. Not even watching the Voice, either. I think I'm singing competitioned out.

One big one a year really works. A minimum of 2 every season. I think the reason DWTS still holds on well is that other than SYTYCD there isn't a lot of push to have a bazillion dancing shows on network TV. That and an endless supply of Olympic athletes, football heroes and D-list stars.

05-10-13, 11:40 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The nuclear option."
*nods*

There's been a couple of articles published which verified what we suspected all along: the most common Idol viewer is female, Southern or Midwestern, late middle age, Caucasian, and slightly more conservative than a Faux News anchor. So this season pissed off the core audience: no eye candy, no major country tilt, and Nicki. If the show gets younger, they lose what they have: if they revert, they can't pick up anyone else and the theme weeks recycle forever. On the plus side, at least they'll never have to shell out for a new song. Minus: the number of guest artists they can invite in keeps getting smaller...

And good singers don't go out for this show. Because this show doesn't make money off good singers -- and perhaps because the truly good singers now know better than to try.

So it's official: it's the frau and it's been them for years. Can the show really afford to revamp to the point where they all go away and hope to rebuild with another segment in a market that, as you said, is officially overpopulated to the point of boredom or exhaustion?

The Worsters think they can push Kree through because the remaining frau will see themselves in her (and can come up with so many reasons not to vote for Candice). And after that, maybe the producers go back to WGWG for as long as they can hold out that fantasy.

Two years? Three?

One?

05-13-13, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The nuclear option."
Zero?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-13, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The nuclear option."
So far it is on the schedule released for next year, but we will see.

Agman2 686 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-27-15, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The nuclear option."
That's right, zero!

05-14-13, 09:17 AM (EST)
7. "Seacrest set to return."
There's only so many lying pointless cockroaches you can step on per year.

05-17-13, 08:54 AM (EST)
8. "Nicki out."
And it's a frau national holiday.

Keith has indicated he'd like to return, but it sounds like no one's asked yet.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-17-13, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Nicki out."
I'd like to see Keith back, but no more divas, including Jennifer Lopez, although she was better than Mariah.

Agman2 686 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-01-15, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Nicki out."
Oh hell no, we don't want Keith back!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-23-13, 05:20 PM (EST)
10. "Current rumor: all-alumni."
Kelly, Jennifer, and either Clay or Adam.

I don't think FOX is really considering the Happy Frau Factor here.

What they are supposedly looking at: the budget. Work has it that the law has come down from on high: no more eight-digit salaries to get a ventriloquist's dummy into the seat. If they're just going to parrot the Agenda's needs, they will do so on the cheap and like it. As the Worsters have pretty much noted already, you could get Kelly and Jennifer for less than ten million combined, Clay for high six digits, and Adam might work for food.

So let's see how many headlines the Agenda can wring from this.

05-24-13, 01:26 PM (EST)
11. "Jennifer supposedly in."
No official confirmation or word on salary, but the rumor just went to 'and we're waiting on the press conference'.

05-30-13, 06:41 PM (EST)
12. "Mariah out"
(AP) The pop star's publicity firm, PMK BNC, tweeted Thursday that Carey isn't returning to the Fox series and is planning a world tour thanks to the success of her new single, "Beautiful."

05-31-13, 05:07 PM (EST)
13. "Translation."
'Mariah needs to work on her lipsynching in places where she doesn't have to worry about zoom cameras.'

personofinterest 180 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-19-13, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Mariah out"
Didn't she dump Randy as her manager (or whatever he was) also? I thought at first that she just didn't speak because of her Nikki hate, but then when she was allowed to speak it became clear. Hard to lip sync when you don't know any words.

06-03-13, 12:14 PM (EST)
14. "Nine tour stops canceled: one moved."
Although I doubt many of the existing Illinois tickets are going to show up in Trenton to be honored.

With the Worsters now dearly departed from the Internet (although a few are hanging out in a new place), the post-prediction gloating is left to me: they saw this coming and they were right. What has to worry the show is that several of those lost stops are in classic frau territory: if they couldn't sell or give away enough ducats to fake a full arena in Tulsa and Kansas City, then the wall just had a few last clear inches filled in with writing. And losing Las Vegas may be an indicator of what the entertainment world thinks of the current group.

Those in the surviving cities may want to keep their ears out for local ticket contests. I think there's going to be a lot of them. And the best way to win is by not entering.

06-04-13, 09:14 PM (EST)
15. "More toast..."
Top Producers Nigel Lythgoe, Ken Warwick Out.

Who's left after all of the nuclear fallout? Anybody? Anybody at all?

06-04-13, 10:33 PM (EST)
16. "RE: More toast..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-04-13 AT 10:43 PM (EST)

In Nigel's case? Good riddance. I got tired of the crafted lies and carefully-edited press leaks (containing still more lies) a long time ago. At least we'll have a fresh liar on board, if not necessarily original fibs.

BTW, if anyone is looking for the remaining Worsters, some of them landed here:

http://fagshags.yuku.com/

Please note that it's Fallen Angel Gabriel's Hags. And it's very, very purple.

(They are swearing this was held back until after site shutdown just to keep them from claiming the ultimate VFTW Victory! Shall we do it for them?)

So who do they bring in now? Actually, given the poison pill which the show is rapidly turning into, who's still willing to take a chance on being part of it?

Hello, Adam!

06-04-13, 10:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: More toast..."
Ye gawds, at least we're still amongst the Survivors.

Us, and Seacrest and the rest, still glowing in the dark.

06-10-13, 06:40 AM (EST)
18. "Nigel officially fired."
As was Ken Warwick. Nigel does get to keep on Dancing, but his public involved with Idol is over. Which doesn't mean they managed to extract his fingers from every last pie...

08-02-13, 09:23 AM (EST)
20. "Keith returning."
They've got to make the frau happy somehow...

Newest rumor: will.i.am (who, as previously established, has nowhere else to go) and some producer named Dr. Luke. Duke? Sluke? Dr? *shrug* ...yeah. But if they're trying to get their core (still more frau) back, will.i.getpaid isn't going to do it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •