The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I called in last night to vote Tammy off due to"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbarritt 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbarritt Click to send private message to jbarritt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I called in last night to vote Tammy off due to"
she left the book on the island

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I called in last night to vote ... Wacko Jacko 04-25-06 1
   RE: I called in last night to vote ... saranita 04-25-06 2
       RE: I called in last night to vote ... Hoobie 04-25-06 3
           RE: I called in last night to vote ... Wacko Jacko 04-25-06 4
               Tammy's notebook tinkerer 04-25-06 5
                   What Has Tammy Done That Is Positiv... tinkerer 04-25-06 6
                       RE: What Has Tammy Done That Is Pos... iltarion 04-25-06 7
                           RE: What Has Tammy Done That Is Pos... tinkerer 04-26-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-25-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I called in last night to vote Tammy off due to"
I disagree. How did leaving the book on the dock effect the task in anyway? Now if she left the camera on the dock different story. Leaving the book on the dock effected nothing in the grand schemes of things. If the firing were based soully on performance on the task Aliie should've been fired but this firing had more to do with the aggregate of performance on all tasks. The majority won.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

saranita 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail saranita Click to send private message to saranita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I called in last night to vote Tammy off due to"
I didn't shed any tears for Andrea, but I would have fired Allie for getting off the boat with Tammy when Tammy went to look for the notebook. Allie's priority should have been to stay with the team and manage the project. If she had done that, Andrea would not have been in place to muck up the brochure without Allie's approval. Tammy could have phoned or faxed in any pertinent info from her notes that should have gone in the brochure. Allie should also have thought of what Lee thought of: Get up early and sell the brochures to the captive audience in line to sail to the island. Also, why did they regard Ellis Island and the ferry traffic as the only plausible locations for brochure sales? They could probably have gone to one large retirement apartment complex and found enough descendants of Ellis Island immigrants who would have bought all the brochures and at a higher price than tourists were willing to pay. I missed the first ten minutes of the show, so if selling only at Battery Park, on the ferry, or on the island was a requirement, I apologize in advance.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I called in last night to vote Tammy off due to"
Doesn't a ferry leave like every 20 minutes or so? How far behind could they have possibly been?

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-25-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I called in last night to vote Tammy off due to"
That is why the whole missing the ferry was blown out of proportion. So what? On top of that all they were doing was going there to get pictures. On top of that both teams used 'stock' photos anyways.

tinkerer 90 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Tammy's notebook"
I believe Allie admitted that she was gone for a couple of hours, so that is significant.

Has anyone mentioned whether or not Tammy ever found the notebook? Also, a brochure has to have text as well as pictures, so I think Tammy's notebook was important in making up the brochure.

As far as selling the book in retirement communities, I have no doubt that some sales would be made, but at a low volume. Do you think you would sell more yearbooks for a baseball team in a college campus or at the stadium? You'll sell some at the college, sure, but the stadium is the place where people are most interested.

04-25-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinkerer Click to send private message to tinkerer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What Has Tammy Done That Is Positive?"

To me, Tammy is the last "deadwood" on the show. She seems to be a weak player whom I cannot think has contributed anything to date.

Tarek has the same record, 0-1, that is true. But Tarek really does put himself out there into the task, even if he messes up sometimes, and this last time everyone agrees his contribution was wonderful.

So far, all I've seen is Tammy lose as Project Manager, (after following some of Allie's rockheaded ideas), and now lose the notebook which contained her sole contribution to the brochure. Those two, (Tammy and Allie) have sort of a mutual friendly destruction society-I help you lose, you help me lose.

At least Allie won the first task. As far as I can see, Tammy's talent seems to lie in somehow getting herself as being part of the the clique, without actually doing anything of visible merit.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-06, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What Has Tammy Done That Is Positive?"
Actually, after Tammy lost as PM, didn't Roxanne in the boardroom say that Tammy was the best PM to date? I believe so. Then Andrea confronted Roxanne about it, of course. So, actually, according to Roxanne, Tammy is one of the best leaders there, if not the best. Forgetting her notebook is a minor mistake that ANYONE could have made. Allie shouldn't have gotten off the boat, true. She should have sent Tammy alone for the notebook. However, that was not a crucial mistake. Getting up too late to beat Gold Rush out there was the fatal mistake.

04-26-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: What Has Tammy Done That Is Positive?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

Roxanne said it, but did she believe it?

There are strategic reasons she might have said it. For one thing, Adrea and Tammy seemed to be forming an alliance together, Roxanne already saw that Andrea has a tendency to go after people, and she might have wanted to throw a monkey wrench into that little alliance.

Roxanne can say what she pleases about Tammy being a great Project Manager in the cereal box task, but the fact remains

A. The core concept, (from father to daughter), was poor no matter how well executed.

B. The concept was not well exeuted. Trump thought the "father" was her boyfriend, (I believe Brent recommended they "grey up" the father's photo, but of course we can't listen to him, can we? Oh no).

C. Andrea's basic design was ugly and confusing.

D. Sean was selected to do a presentation, which turned out embarrassing for all concerned. It was only a 10 minute presentation-couldn't Tammy have listened to it first?

Precisely how this amounts to great Project Managing needs to be explained. I can only guess that Roxanne was trying to save Tammy and shift the blame over the graphics queen Andrea, but it never happened.

Then there is the small matter that, outside that debacle, Tammy has not been shown to be contributing significantly in any task before or since her stint as Project Manager. She might have been reasonably competent, though unremarkable, in some other tasks, but she hasn't made any significant contributions.

Given these facts, plus the fact that the ONLY reason she was on that island that day was to put things into the notebook, and sure looks like Tammy oscillates between mediocre and just plain lousy.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •