The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ziti! What a guido!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 9831 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-13, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ziti! What a guido!"
Serial father and Barilla pasta owner says he doesn't care if homosexuals stop eating his noodle.

Barilla Boycott

Okay, not verbatim, but what he does say doesn't always make sense either.

Sadly, I can't impress upon him my displeasure by not purchasing his product. I haven't bought wheat pasta in years.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 *Sob!* foonermints 09-27-13 1
   RE: *Sob!* kingfish 09-27-13 3
 RE: Ziti! What a guido! Silvergirl1 09-27-13 2
   RE: Ziti! What a guido! newsomewayne 09-27-13 6
       RE: Ziti! What a guido! jbug 09-27-13 7
           RE: Ziti! What a guido! tribephyl 09-27-13 13
   LMAO moonbaby 09-28-13 14
 RE: Ziti! What a guido! kingfish 09-27-13 4
   RE: Ziti! What a guido! Snidget 09-27-13 5
       RE: Ziti! What a guido! kingfish 09-27-13 8
           RE: Ziti! What a guido! Snidget 09-27-13 9
           RE: Ziti! What a guido! Sagebrush Dan 09-27-13 10
 RE: Ziti! What a guido! Estee 09-27-13 11
   RE: Ziti! What a guido! kingfish 09-27-13 12
 Bertolli is gay-friendly CTgirl 09-29-13 15
   RE: Bertolli is gay-friendly tribephyl 09-29-13 16
       RE: Bertolli is gay-friendly CTgirl 09-29-13 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 12368 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "*Sob!*"
Nine Million people already hate me! I know. I was raised there!

Now from across the happy water (I thought) It's Nine Million and ONE! And all the Pasta in The Universe! Poor ME! Poor ME!

Wahhhhhhh!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 16239 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: *Sob!*"
Nine million and two.

Silvergirl1 9322 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"

Let's throw him against the wall and see if he sticks.

Snow globe sig and starfish globe by Agman 2011

newsomewayne 9083 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
*snort*

jbug 16727 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
~~ditto snort~~

09-27-13, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
ditto ditto snort.
or is that snort ditto snort? ditto snort snort?

moonbaby 17034 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-13, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "LMAO"

09-27-13, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-13 AT 08:37 AM (EST)

He's an idiot with self-destructive instincts when it comes to interviews and public relations. A Moron. A Macaroon.

But I think his position that he wouldn't portray same sex married with children families in ads for his products is probably the same as those of most marketing departments.

Men kissing men or even holding hands in ads will only work in certain localities, certainly not nationally, and most certainly not internationally. Women kissing women - well, that's a whole 'nuther thang.

Still a ways to go.

Snidget 44009 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
There is some truth that a lot of marketing departments may not want to have an obviously same sex couple as the featured peeps in an ad, but you can say that without really pissing people off or implying that certain gender roles are the only acceptable ones or make as long as they don't get to expose children to their "family" noises.

A lot depends on what controversy you want to use to create buzz and if you think it nets you more sales than it loses.

09-27-13, 10:29 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
"...some truth..."? Come on now, "Some"?

Name any nationally recognized brand sold in grocery stores that would show a same sex marriage with children in their marketing campaign. "Some" should more accurately be "99% if not 100%".

As much fun as I (and we all) could have making a family oriented gay "Pop Tarts" ad (and my head just exploded with laughter imagining that one), or an "Oreo" ad or a "Sugar Puffs" ad, or, or...well the ideas are endless), it ain't happening.

But you're right, Barilla is an idiot, and I will also join the anti-Barilla campaign (I have never bought Barilla, but I have seen it on shelves and now I will not buy it even more and with greater vigor).

Snidget 44009 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-13 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Well I was thinking advertising in general where you do see some imagery that acknowledges the existence of gay people in some ads for some things.

Sometimes for the shock value to see if you can get buzz about the product/service. Sometimes because they looked at the incomes and said we'd like people who make that amount of money buying our product/using our service. I know some vacation ads have gay couples as they are courting that part of the population as you need new groups of customers to keep growing the business.

FWIW Oreos did have a viral gay marketing campaign on facebook (no family but with the filling all rainbow. http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/oreo-surprises-26-million-facebook-fans-gay-pride-post-141440

I expect sometime relatively soon there may be a tipping point where telegraphing a company culture of inclusiveness will get you more sales than telegraphing a company culture of what some call traditional values.

ETA: I have bought Barilla in the past as I do like the product, but I'll have to look for something else.

Sagebrush Dan 9850 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
Ikea showed a same-sex ad with children in one of their initial ads here. It ran for a couple months or so. I'm not sure if it was a national ad or not.

Estee 55385 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-13, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
Really doesn't do much for my buying habits: I get fresh once in a while and when I don't, it's Ronzoni. But I'll add them to the Chick-F-'Em list.

For same-sex couple ads... I got the one SagebrushDan mentioned. There's also been at least one TV spot for insurance. We also have the Holland banners running on this site, although I just find those obnoxious -- and not for the couples.

It's slow, but it is happening.

09-27-13, 01:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ziti! What a guido!"
Well, maybe the Pop-Tarts ad people will come around.

Awaiting the day.

CTgirl 7078 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-13, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Bertolli is gay-friendly"
Bertolli ads features gays (but so far only in Europe)

09-29-13, 06:16 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Bertolli is gay-friendly"
Interesting imagery...
So, I'm a penne. And you're a farfalle.
Hmmm...

CTgirl 7078 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-13, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Bertolli is gay-friendly"
I did like the cute little farfelle dress but I'll always be a peach to you!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •