The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Happy 44th Moon Day"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-20-13, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Happy 44th Moon Day"

So -- where were you?

Five weeks shy of my 12th birthday, I was watching on TV (Walter Cronkite of course) in my living room -- holding an American flag. Later that night we went out to the back yard and looked at the moon through my telescope (a Christmas 1968 present). I imagined that I could see some "scratches" on the surface near the Sea of Tranquility. It was a wondrous time.

blame agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Happy 44th Moon Day kingfish 07-20-13 1
   RE: Happy 44th Moon Day Molaholic 07-20-13 2
       RE: Happy 44th Moon Day kingfish 07-22-13 7
 RE: Happy 44th Moon Day Molaholic 07-20-13 3
 RE: Happy 44th Moon Day Snidget 07-20-13 4
   RE: Happy 44th Moon Day foonermints 07-20-13 5
       RE: Happy 44th Moon Day kingfish 07-22-13 8
           Who? foonermints 07-22-13 9
               RE: Who? cahaya 07-23-13 11
 RE: Happy 44th Moon Day kidflash212 07-22-13 6
   LOL moonbaby 07-23-13 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-13, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
That picture is of the second man on the moon. The first is holding the camera.

It was a wonderful time.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-20-13, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-13 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

Actually, that is Neil Armstrong. The camera (grainy, b/w video) was mounted on the side of the LM and deployed remotely before he left the cabin. Once on the surface he removed the camera from its mount and set it up on a tall tripod about 10 meters away. Images of Aldrin descending the ladder (along with stills taken by Armstrong on the surface) clearly show the front of the LM.

Buzz Aldrin descending the ladder.

07-22-13, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
Oh OK. I thought that that was a still taken from the film taken by Armstrong of Aldrin decending to the moon. It is often mistakenly thought that that was of Armstrong about to make the first footprint.

07-20-13, 08:08 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-13 AT 08:10 PM (EST)

Another little known factoid -- besides the grainy video image above (well, a few moments later) there is only one photo showing Neil Armstrong on the surface of the moon. (this one)
however, it actually shows Buzz Aldrin, with Armstrong reflected in the visor. Aldrin did not carry a camera with him on the surface. (There are some video images taken from the LM cabin that show Armstrong on the surface, but nothing else taken from the surface itself.)

to be precise, the remote TV video does not actually show Armstrong's feet on the surface, as that part is just out-of-frame.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-13, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
Most of what I remember is I had to go to bed early and take a nap and then once I was good and asleep they woke me up and plopped me in front of the TV. Most of the memory is about being annoyed about the sleep thing rather than excited about watching history.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-13, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
It was all shot on a Hollywood movie set.

You are almost young enough to date me.

07-22-13, 11:33 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
SANDEE...Fooner is flirting again!

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-13, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Who?"
Nopesy-Dopesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops..

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-13, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who?"
You and your rope-a-dope!

I think you just boxed yourself into a corner!

You're such a swinger, yup.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-22-13, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Happy 44th Moon Day"
I thought Moonie was much younger than that.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-13, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "LOL"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •