The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-13, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
I may have just outed myself as some sort of an 80's dinosaur. I just used a pop-culture saying and it went completely over the head of someone else. I don't know whether I should be depressed over the fact that I ended up resorting to a cheap joke from nearly thirty years ago or if I've dated myself to the point that the young'uns now think I'm not long for the rocking chair.

Here's the situation...

I'm on the messenger box, wanting to place a phone call through a relay service. Normally, they reply within a few minutes so I could call somebody, but on this day it seems to be slower than usual. After about 20 minutes of no reply, I typed in "hello, checking to see if someone is there?"

Another 10-15 minutes or so passed, still without a reply. So, on a lark, I typed in, "Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?" and almost immediately, the operator replied with a "Huh?" I said that it was a line from a movie and was just wondering if anyone was around to take a call.

The operator said, "Yes I am here now, but I need the phone number for Bueller, so I can place the call for you."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... Snidget 05-04-13 1
 RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... Molaholic 05-04-13 2
   RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... suzzee 05-04-13 4
 RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... cahaya 05-04-13 3
   RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... suzzee 05-04-13 5
       RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... cahaya 05-04-13 6
           Doing the math suzzee 05-04-13 7
 RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... Dakota 05-04-13 8
   RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... kingfish 05-05-13 9
       RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... Dakota 05-06-13 10
 seriously? cqvenus 05-08-13 11
 RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... byoffer 05-08-13 12
   RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... Molaholic 05-08-13 13
       RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... kidflash212 05-08-13 14
           RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... cahaya 05-08-13 15
               RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... Molaholic 05-08-13 16
                   Whooshi Whoopi! cahaya 05-08-13 17
                   RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Who... PepeLePew13 05-08-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-13, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
I don't know whether to point and laugh or cry because I'm in the same boat.

Dinosaur's unite!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-13, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
If using "Bueller... Bueller... Buller..." makes you a self-described dinosaur, I have to wonder what I would be considering the point that the above referenced reference is something I saw as "kid stuff" when it debuted.

(However, I was in a college class where somebody signed in with the name Ben Dover, and the instructor called the name out three times before giving up.)

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-04-13, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
Ben Dover. >snort<

I should be watched....closely.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-13, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
I'll take today off, tell mom I'm sick, and have some fun!

05-04-13, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
Will you accept a note from Epstein's Mother?

05-04-13, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
Sure, I'll take a note from anybody, absence excused!

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

I've gotta watch the odometer on dad's vintage car, though.

05-04-13, 08:10 PM (EST)
7. "Doing the math"
Mr. Kotter's Sweathog math test:

Solve for Y:

Cheap car jack + (running a car in reverse to run back the odometer x 2 giant glass windows in a garage)= Y

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-13, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-13 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

Schlemeil, schlamazo

Agman's Spring Fling '12

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-13, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!

Dakota 5643 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-13, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
Fooner motto: If it doesn't kill me, it better start running.

Agman's Spring Fling '12

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-13, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "seriously?"
"Bueller...?" is classic.

I am 34 (yes, guys... it's been that long) and this means I was probably a toddler when this movie came out. That is no excuse.

It's like my first p0rn being Debbie Does Dallas. That movie is like 400 years old. But it's classic.

cq

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-13, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
I had one of those a few years ago at work. We were making a slide deck, and one of the slides was to have the names and pictures of the team. The team had 9 people, so I asked the tech to arrange them in "Brady Bunch" format. And the tech looked at me and said "Huh?".

05-08-13, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
"Brady Bunch" format -- for me, the preferred format would have been "Hollywood Squares", because Paul Lynde was much cooler than Alice.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-08-13, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
But I'd bet on Alice in a fight.

05-08-13, 05:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
I'll take Whoopi for the X and the win.

05-08-13, 06:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"
Whoopi?? Whoopi?? We don't want no Whoopi in our game.

Charlie Weaver in the lower left, Paul Lynde as the Center Square -- that's what I'm talking about!

Best TV game show line -- when a player misses a block or win, Peter Marshall reassuringly tells them "But this may work out."

05-08-13, 06:46 PM (EST)
17. "Whooshi Whoopi!"

She's the center square.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-13, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Pop-Culture Icons that goes Whoosh over the Head"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •