The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Guppies Jump!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-13, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Guppies Jump!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-13 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

http://www.livescience.com/29116-why-guppies-jump-evolution.html

This is nice research, and it’s good to know that someone decided that Guppy behavior was worth looking into. About time, in fact. But why 'why do we jump?' Why not 'why do we cry?' Or 'what type of bubblers do Guppies prefer?' Or' why has no one published a Playfish magazine with racy pictures of beautiful Guppy girls?' (Hey, we’re human too. Well, sort of). Or 'what can you do to improve the very important welfare of your Guppy?' All of these things would be vastly interesting, but most importantly 'why has no one been donating to the “New Duesenberg for Guppie” fund?' Come on people, the clock is ticking, EBay is waiting my next bid.

But OK, to answer the pressing question, “why do we jump?”

(ahem). It’s like this. We are fishy Daws, and we need attention. Constant attention. I know it sounds needy, but that’s the way it is. Also, a little known fact is that we have hillbilly Guppy Brewmeisters that have mastered the art of brewing moon-shine water inside a water tank (and if you don’t think that was an accomplishment, you really should think again), and, well, that and the Dawness thing leads to a lot of young fry who haven’t learned to handle their Moonie-water (our favorite brand of fish hooch) yet bumping in to glass walls and randomly jumping out of containers. We stress to all the little fry that Moonie-water and cruising around clam shells, castles, and bubbling deep-sea water tank divers don’t mix. Tragedy can strike at any time, including careening out of control onto the carpet. But will they listen? NO!

Kids these days.

BTW, to help prevent those unnecessary inebriated guppy deaths (something all of can relate to, I’m sure), Guppy moms organized a movement designed to save young guppies from drinking Moonie water and driving called “Mom Guppies Against Flopping, Ever”, MOMSAFE. All proceeds will go the “New Duesenberg for Guppy” fund, and are all tax write-offs. So give till it hurts, because remember, a dead guppy is something no one wants. Ever. And a Cool ride for your favorite Guppy is something we all want.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Guppies Jump! kidflash212 04-29-13 1
   RE: Why Guppies Jump! kingfish 04-29-13 2
       RE: Why Guppies Jump! Molaholic 04-29-13 6
 RE: Why Guppies Jump! DearAbby 04-29-13 3
   RE: Why Guppies Jump! Snidget 04-29-13 4
       RE: Why Guppies Jump! kingfish 04-29-13 5
           RE: Why Guppies Jump! kingfish 04-30-13 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-13, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Guppies Jump!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-13 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

"When a guppy jumped out of a laboratory tank and nearly landed in her cup of tea, Daphne Soares couldn’t resist putting her current research on hold to investigate this strange leaping behavior."

British guppy. Solved.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-29-13, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why Guppies Jump!"
Thanks. For that insight, you can drive my new Deusenberg. After delivery.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-13, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why Guppies Jump!"
Thanks. For that insight, you can drive my new Deusenberg. After delivery.

You know, of course, that this British guppy will drive your Deusenberg on the wrong side of the road...

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-29-13, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why Guppies Jump!"
Wonder if wearing a life jacket would keep them from jumping?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313439/Disabled-fish-swim-right-way-owner-makes-LIFE-JACKET-stop-sinking-tank.html

From agman's garden

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-13, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why Guppies Jump!"
I had a sinking goldfish once, it wasn't disabled, just greedy.

When I fed it floating goldfish food it would gulp so much air that it would float, belly up, on the surface until the gas passed out of it.

So, I bought sinking goldfish food. And I got...a sinking goldfish.

I thought the Sinking and Floating was supposed to describe the food, not the effect on the fish.

04-29-13, 01:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Why Guppies Jump!"
Sometimes we get a little gassy. Sad but true.

04-30-13, 10:01 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Why Guppies Jump!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-13 AT 10:02 AM (EST)

And sometimes we jump because someone gives us a quick kick in the tailfin.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •